[PK] The Tale of Qruezmir Grasswhistle

Stripez-Purple

Spoiler

Qrue would Take some Parchment and a Quiver and think deeply before he starts to write down his Final Words.  

When I think back on my long life I sometimes wonder upon all the things that went down, as I sit here writing down my Final Tale I wonder what would be relevant and what really mattered. Was it the beginning of living a normal life like any other watching everyone around me having the times of their lives all for it to be taken by decease, death, loss… Losing my Mother was hard on all of us. I attempted to pick up where she left off, to heal the sick with herbs we had found from the forest but those herbs did so much more than heal wounds. The potential was limitless. They could make us feel really good.

Perhaps it was the time when I was so high I accidentally had my Brother Qrarm killed by my own hands. Rather than face my consequences, Face my Father, I ran, Hid for so long, From days to weeks, weeks to years, years to decades. Consuming my creations of herbs, forcing myself to forget what I had done, Losing myself wandering the long distant lands until I was completely Lost.I was so lost that I had forgotten my own name. The only name that stuck in my head was that of my Brother so I took it for myself, I named myself Qrarm. 

And yet with all that loss and forgotten I was found after so many secluded decades I stood before another Dwarf, Bjor Cottonwood. He took me to his village where more of our kind resided. Bjor offered me a Home to live in, a place to create my creations of herbs in peace and share them with others within the village. In time I formed The Huff n’ Puff and the Puffden. All seemed well in the world and yet… Death Followed. I followed within the deep Caverns of Urguan. Perhaps I could’ve been of help but the caves were dusty, I sneezed.

The Creatures, Cave Alars awoke and bit a few Dwarves, Bjor stood his ground while we escaped that cave. Was it my fault, My sneeze that had awoken those beasts. It was never mentioned within the History books. Nonetheless I Lost it once again seeing Bjor die took me back to the time I got my Brother killed. I wanted to forget, I had to forget… I spent a week within my home, consuming and smoking so many Puffs. forgetting it all without a care in the world. I even forgot my own name again, I named Myself Qrue after that time.

Time went off its normal course once again Like I was reborn, Met new Dwarves, Meeting Beorn felt familiar. I looked upon the petrified corpse of Bjor Cottonwood with a strange feeling but I could not remember why the Stories Told of this Paragon Bjor felt me with excitement and sadness without really knowing why, Sometimes tears would form I assumed that was just normal after all it was usually Karl that told them with great detail.

Of Course when you think all was fine, Khorvad starts knocking. 

The ground shook, Fire spread… I awoke Alone, Broken Arm, Half burned.

How much time had passed? Where was I? Who was I? Oh I remember… Qrue. 

This time I did not forget my name but why was I alone, I had slight head trauma. With the few Medical lessons I remembered I patched myself up, Gathered some things and went on another long lonely wandering path. Eventually found a ship to rescue those who have been left behind like myself, I kept to myself throughout the whole journey.

The ship docked on some new land unfamiliar to me. I gathered my belongings and continued on my journey. My arm battered and broken started to hurt really bad, I found a secluded Doctor, tat insane perhaps but he told me I could die if I kept my arm like that and offered to chop it off but, He had that bloodlust in his eyes so I told him I’d think about it and left him be. Still thinking of what The doctor said I built a small form of guillotine with an axe head stuck to a few rocks hung from a tree, I prepared a fire with a steel pan on top to burn close the wound after… Let's just say I was successful and It hurt allot for a week or so. 

I had some herbs to help with the pain.

I spend a few years wandering the new lands of Almaris hoping to find my kin amongst the trees only to realise I went the opposite way and landed a city with elves, they gave me directions to New Urguan once I arrived I was met with a Familiar face that of Beorn Cottonwood, I lived within the Puffden for a while before I picked a home that suited my needs but once I did I had finally decided to start a healing process of the mind while retaining my Puffden duties. I spend most of my time travelling, reading books from libraries.

From the things I’ve studied I created other things like a prosthetic arm with little cabinets filled with many useful things, To replace my missing arm.

Once again years passed by like it all was right in the world. 

Yazmorra was the Chief at the time. We've made a fairly interesting friendship, Both shared an interest in Puffs and other narcotics.

I joined the Seers with Ogradhad as my devotion. Through many meditation weeks I started to remember my past, who I really was and what I had done…

It almost broke me but I kept true to myself. I wanted to move forward from it all and I did. It helped me become the Dwed I am now.

When Yazmorra’s husband Levian’Tol became High King of Urguan, Yazmorra was destined to become High Queen so a new High Chief of Hefrumm was required, I offered myself in attempts to extend my Puffs to more places however while I had kept Hefrumm’s image intact I did not achieve any of goals I wanted, I had hoped Yazmorra could guide me more but her Queen duties kept her busy and when we all needed her most she vanished.

It was hard but I waited until a new proper candidate could take my place and before long Celeste’Tol Daughter of Yazmorra and Levian came along.

I trained her in all she needed to know and even when the Crown was placed upon her head I stuck around if she ever required guidance from me.

Even if Celeste was Chief it felt more like we still ruled together for a long time until it was no longer needed. And once more all felt good.

Decades passed, Life went on, Dwed came and went, Old familiar faces vanished and became new ones then some of those new ones vanished. Like an endless Cycle.

Now here I am a Familiar face soon to vanish. 

My only Hope is that my Legacy of the Puffden will live on as long as there are Dwed in Hefrumm and consuming those Fantastic Puffs, My Lives work.

I Thank all those who have talked to me throughout the decades of my Living Life. 

May we meet in The Halls of The Fallen.

Qrue would take one last hit from his Hookah and meditate one Final time.

Within his vision, Dungrimm would enter his home as The Lord extends his hand Qrue would finely accept the invitation with a smile.

Qrue would let out his Final Breath as his soul would leave his corporeal form and follow Dungrimm to The Great Halls!

Qrue Grasswhistle would succumb to his illness of Lung Cancer at the age of 422 

on The 6th of The Ember Cold, Year 105 of The Second Age

Spoiler

OOC: I've Played Qrue Grasswhistle since early Spring of 2019! While in the beginning he was more of a throwaway Random Hippy like Dwarf Character over time I developed a Backstory and fleshed out the character more, however the longer I played the more I found myself stuck to progress his story in a way that made me feel good or comfortable so I came up with the plan to end Qrue in some way... While Overdosing was one of my idea's I felt like that was a bit to cruel so I ended up choosing Cancer as a few members of my Family members irl have struggled with it. Both my Parents fought and overcame Cancer I also had an aunt that died from it.

Anyway Lung Cancer seemed like a fitting disease to kill off a Dwarf that smoked experimental drugs and weed for over 300 years of its life. While my initial plan was to get him killed off at the age 420 which would seem fitting for a Hippy like Character I wanted to make sure IRP Qrue said his final words to all the Right People which he did.

This is me NOT saying my Goodbyes to the server as I do have plenty of shelved and unfleshed out characters to continue. I'm sure I'll find something to do, Thanks for Reading!

Garedyn The Green took a puff in honour of Qrue. "I shall not let yer name beh forgotten again. Thank ye Qrue."

Asketil Blackroot meditates under his tree after his conversation with Qrue. He had not known him well, but Karl and Mao had, and their memories came to Asketil. A tear would fall down the cheek of the dwarven epiphyte.

"Good bye brotah, yer services to yer forest dwarf kin will grant ye that 'ighest ef bids en tha 'alls ef Kaz'A'Dentrumm."

Baldin Frostbeard hears of the news of Qrue's passing. The elderly dwarf ponders on his actions in the larger scale of the dwarven race.

"A' 'igh chief died thes day...One ef tha good ones, one tha passed on the teachings ef Urguan Silverbeard and Bjor Cottonwood. 'appy to see ye pass away Qrue so ye can be praised fer yer deeds en tha 'alls ef tha Brathmordakin. May yer name remain imortalised in tha minds ef tha Hefrumm."

Agnar Grandaxe lowers his head in respect upon hearing of the news.

"On behalf o' d'e Grand Kingdom, we d'ank ye' for ye' serive to d'e realm. Long may ye' rest"

*Bodhi Cottonwood would return home from traveling the world and would read the forest dwarfs last words and would walk out of the village without a word and would find him self at his favorite spot near a river and would pull out a blunt from in his sack and would take a hit with tears running down his face he would say the following* "Qrue you old crazy druggie ill miss ya ye were ter for me when I first arrived to ta village that faithful day and you were always a blast to be around and I'll always remember ye for ta tings ye did and said we have some good times in that tunnel that ran under my house and in ta past and present drug den...now I know alot of my kin are saying goodbye but not me I won't I refuse so I'll leave ye wit tis last words I ope ye ear from me Qrue I'll see ye later and when our paths meet in the next life I'll provide ta feast and you'll bring ta drugs" *the flame from the cottonwoods blunt would go out and cottonwood would make his way back wiping away the tears from his face walking back to the village*

Edited by Bodhi CottonWood