700th post AMA

LithiumSedai

Didn't do one for my 5th anniversary, reckon now's a good time as any - I'll reply tomorrow after work I guess.

My dad is not a cop.

most memorable lotc scandal?

biggest regret on this server?

who is renna talraen?

what are ur thoughts on aliens

how does it feel to be a fellow balkaner

what is the meaning of ur username, i have caught myself wondering about it a few times ngl

If you were transported to the world of LoTC for 5 years and had to live through it, risks included, what stretch of time would you pick?

39 minutes ago, Nectorist said:

If you were transported to the world of LoTC for 5 years and had to live through it, risks included, what stretch of time would you pick?

you fat ugly bitch i was gonna ask one kinda like this

If you could go back in time (ooc) and ignoring all the regrets that come with just living and focusing on lotc, knowing what you know now, what would you go back and change? what things would you do differently? what would you want to see?

i know you mentioned, but is your dad a cawp?

what keeps you playing/coming back? what type of rp do you most enjoy?

if you could reflect back on your wisdom and give something for those who are to come, players, leaders, staff, what message would you leave behind?

what was your OG goal with the Sutican War if you had full-on defeated Oren (No Inferi or pontiff intervention)

When were you Alstionpilled? How did you end up playing da Alstion claimant in the post-W2E crisis? 

On 12/5/2022 at 11:28 PM, Ramon said:

why do we exist?

to make Tythus Ltd. rich, next question

On 12/5/2022 at 11:33 PM, amyselia said:

most memorable lotc scandal?

biggest regret on this server?

who is renna talraen?

Two occasions that weren't your usual "admin resigns after ERP logs exposed" situations stand out to me. The first is the Operation Kaboom staff chat leak, which occurred in mid-2018, and aside from exposing the secret admin agreement to stonewall Renatian aggression against Haense, which was the prime RP and OOC political issue at the time, it provided an interesting insight into how the higher-up staff viewed certain RP groups and controversial community figures of that era of LotC. It was an apt reminder that everyone on this server is a human being, for all their flaws and virtues.

The second is the AIS exposé of Orenian staff abuse at the height of the Rubern War in late 2019. Though it had been thoroughly damning, the admins chose to ignore its conclusions (partly due to some of the proof having been provided by banned players) and set the server on a stifling path we've only barely been freed from this year. Despite all of the perpetrators having been removed from their positions since, or banned for the very same transgressions exposed, no formal acknowledgement of this report beyond painting it as wartime harassment has ever been spared.

-

My biggest regret on the server is utterly mishandling the post-2emps fallout. In retrospect, I could have leveraged my position a lot better, or opted for a path that did not eventually loop back to certain reprehensible individuals seizing control over Oren and avenging their wartime woes at the expense of my friends and myself.
-
Renna Talraen was my first LotC character. She was an OC whose backstory and characteristics I had tailored prior to joining LotC, for the express purpose of doing so alongside a gathering of already established friends: all of them played petty criminals, and my intention was to up the ante with a serial killer character. My vision of LotC at the time differed significantly from the reality of the server - I expected a hardcore, DnD-lite, low-fantasy environment where such a character would have thrived. Nonetheless, her run was fairly successful, and though I had expected to be caught and summarily executed at any point, and resolved to PK at such an opportunity, her death was dealt in an ST event and her story continued through a morbid resurrection at the hands of a notorious necromancer.

On 12/5/2022 at 11:33 PM, UnusualBrit said:

I only have one question LithiumSedai.

I wish he was real

On 12/5/2022 at 11:38 PM, valecu said:

what are ur thoughts on aliens

how does it feel to be a fellow balkaner

what is the meaning of ur username, i have caught myself wondering about it a few times ngl

I am very fond of the idea of their existence, though the ramifications of it and the statistical improbability of coming across them limit my considerations to memery
-
I live my life in doomer mode, but LotC-wise I believe we have a refreshing perspective and it's always cool meeting a fellow B*lkanoid with whom such a perspective could be shared.
-
The meaning is two-fold: Along with my primary school classmates, I picked a username off the periodic table of elements after a brief spell of immense interest in chemistry. I liked Lithium the most, and my friends took Carbon, Nitrogen, and Sulfur respectively. Sedai is an honorific taken from Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time, one of my favorite fantasy book series.

On 12/5/2022 at 11:40 PM, Nectorist said:

Entirely pragmatically, I would opt for the period immediately following the Sedan Rebellion in Oren. For a person used to modern amenities and relative stability, the golden years of the Novellen Empire would have provided me with enough familiarity and a low degree of lethality, barring the occasional Ferrymen raid. Clean, well-lit streets and spacious housing, social events, bookstores, bistros and theaters, and plenty of opportunities to make a coin as a middling bureaucrat would have suited me well, even though I'm not fond of that historical period narrative-wise.

But if I were an enlightened isekai enjoyer, I'd have picked either the peak of the Johannian Empire in Vailor, or the Pertinaxi Empire in mid-Atlas. Both nations were at their greatest then, enabling relative prosperity for their citizenry, and numerous chances for the combat-inclined to write their names into the annals of history by beheading assorted pagans and non-humans with extreme prejudice.

On 12/6/2022 at 12:22 AM, squakhawk said:

If you could go back in time (ooc) and ignoring all the regrets that come with just living and focusing on lotc, knowing what you know now, what would you go back and change? what things would you do differently? what would you want to see?

i know you mentioned, but is your dad a cawp?

what keeps you playing/coming back? what type of rp do you most enjoy?

if you could reflect back on your wisdom and give something for those who are to come, players, leaders, staff, what message would you leave behind?

LotC aside, I would have spent my pre-pandemic time a lot wiser and a lot more focused on my studies (in person) and my social life (also in person). I would have traveled more, partied with friends more, spent my money without it being wiped away by inflation. As a graduate with a stable job, I can't say things have ended up terrible, but in hindsight, and I've no doubt many people would agree, the Covid outbreak did ruin many plans which could have been committed to earlier.

-

Strangely enough, my dad is not a cop (I might have mentioned it earlier). If it makes you feel any better, he was military police in the army.

-

I'm very fond of the stories I've got going on, and the chance to see them continued through both cooperative and dynamic RP with friends and other community members alike is a thrill seldom provided anywhere other than LotC. It goes without saying that my forte is human RP, but I'm primarily drawn to knightly/chivalry RP and cooperative cultural development, such as roleplaying Waldenian and Daelish lore and aesthetics, and contributing to them through forum posts and histories, builds, skins and RP and OOC associations.

-

In my humble opinion, LotC would be a better place if everyone was able to cooperate on a shared, cohesive narrative. It should absolutely be the priority of both every player and every community figure (NLs, settlement and vassal leaders, staff) to facilitate this through earnest effort, good faith, and working together.

On 12/6/2022 at 12:25 AM, Traveller said:

favourite persona you've ever played and why?

Without a doubt, Jan/Corwin von Alstreim. Aside from the fact that I've played him for over two hundred years (!!!), the sights he saw and the insane character development he was subject to thanks to dynamic RP, and in turn the enjoyment I got, were downright incredible. The journey from an insignificant, bitter mercenary who was meant to be a passing character to be PKed upon a quick death, to a wise, royal figure of great fame (or infamy, depending on your viewpoint), who cheated death and trod across lost continents alongside his spouse and lifelong companion has to be one of the greatest stories I've witnessed. I say this without any intention to brag about my writing and RPing capabilities (of which I am ever critical and wish I could greatly improve upon), as I credit most of these developments to others who have enabled them and made them possible through memorable RP, namely @Areln and @Urahra and @Crescendo @Viltaren @Skyrunner @Safryie (and many others!)

On 12/6/2022 at 12:54 AM, Javert said:

what was your OG goal with the Sutican War if you had full-on defeated Oren (No Inferi or pontiff intervention)

The most realistic goal of all was survival, and at the time I spared very little time dwelling on hypotheticals, forewarned by my experience with the Rubern War - I was eventually proven true. However, the response I envisioned had we by some miracle attained total victory was as follows: With Sigismund II's death in mind, Corwin would have aimed to become the provisional Lord Protector of Oren himself, in an ironic echo of Adrian Sarkozic's seizure of power. Haense would have been afforded autonomy or full independence, the Coalition would have been granted war reparations, and Corwin would have stripped the Novellens and their raised peerage of nobility and offered bounties on their heads, outlawed the Josephite Party and all Josephite symbols of Oren, restored land to the exiled Renatian nobility, and made provisions for the restoration of a Horenic monarch, upon which the occupation force would have withdrawn. Corwin's choice would have been an Alstion, but it's very likely it would have been Mick's char, who claimed parentage from Persus Helane.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:07 AM, argonian said:

When were you Alstionpilled? How did you end up playing da Alstion claimant in the post-W2E crisis? 

I was fairly Horenpilled when I joined the server, having been awestruck at the notion of a centuries-long universal monarchy perpetrated by, in my eyes, mythical player characters, without any direct staff intervention (such as invisible NPC monarchs controlled by the server admins, which I'd been told was the case with other servers and a common trope). Though some of the excitement certainly faded with the failures of the Sixth Empire, I considered myself a Horen loyalist. Before 2emps, the political reality had not yet necessitated a split of the Horenic branches, and though I followed Mog and his Pertinaxi after the fall of Oren and Marna, I respected the Johannians' seniority and their involvement in the Empire of Man as the kin of Aurelius.

Frustrated at the post-2emps attempt to have the Orenian throne seized by a non-Horen after it had been promised to me, I initiated a (mostly OOC) coup: though my intention was to rule as Regent on Charles Talraen and install a Horenic claimant, there was a lack of willing personas. It was then that the Alstions reached out to me (through DWPH, I admit) and offered for me to push their claim on an Alstion character played by myself. I accepted, and at the time it seemed my attempt would have been successful: I built a Stuart Restoration-like narrative around the endeavor, and with its eventual failure and the ostracism directed towards Alstion for opposing the New World Order™️ (ironically, we were forced into a Jacobite LARP), my loyalties were entrenched in reaction.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:31 AM, seannie said:

lithium ******* sedai

🐶

On 12/6/2022 at 6:44 AM, Fireheart said:

how did you become the goat?

Reveal hidden contents

also is your dad a cop?

I hate you

On 12/6/2022 at 9:24 AM, LightTheTrainer said:

would u consider having sushi and/or oysters for breakfast valid

No, but I've had worse breakfast food, so I can't judge