A Grandaxe's Speech for Kingship

Legoboy7984

Spoiler

A Grandaxe’s Speech for Kingship

WGfdox0G1lSSCKXfECk4LCqa3rvizeRHUnEOm2GV5SW37pw7UMeLlc0o70vU5V7XEVqvb2wAbZgR1eiuFkXkMMC3QgSvttU0nXqk2fMMv6uRIO-h3XRyf3--W1IS1VfgpyjoiF-ZAHIYmYIiZw_EI41eprDsjwOaZ-JsZSXHK-ewpGxGpBOt3WnSpS4CNw

Agnar Grandaxe giving a speech to the people of Urguan

rDaoyG4c99L8qZ5WI7RM7gY9nX0Kl0rsU10_HlYb2lvZ7UJ61LqOMjvD6eHKeHGaY9SDkOkr5gf_c6nVFH00yJNC57_Sv6RlM_kofSn37V_94yd-aS2sm3Fm1tTrkVGrx8BW81TjSyrRWeGBsd5u8OoLpER7Wd1EBGI17GUhmaRGrlJyE0JpnHIdKP28Tw

A dwarf once said ‘We as Dwarves, do not always get along. There has always been strife and tension within our ranks, as headstrong and charismatic personalities clashed like rivalrous siblings, but in the old days, we never questioned where our loyalties belonged’. These words mean despite our quarrels, during times of great strife, we settled aside our differences and kept unity. We are divided because we gave in to our primal urges, we ignored each other's council and aimed for what we thought was best at the time. We put our own families first and disregarded our kinship as one race. Now we are divided.

Kin of Urguan, the future of our race is at its darkest hours, making a promise that being your king will mean peace, will only be an open lie. I once talked about being transparent to you all. I tend to keep it that way by addressing the changes that I will see done under my rule. We are at war, at war with the system our ancestors wrote down on paper and made the law we know today. But times progress and so must we.

The first issue regarding our kingdom will be one that has been a problem since the founding of Hefrumm. They fought and bled for Urguan, and never received recognition within Urguan, instead, their recognition was lost within the administration of the past. Past kings made false promises, which created debt, a debt that stacked each lie with the false promise of changing it. As King, it will be my duty to pay this debt to the Heffrum community and give the recognition they’ve always deserved, to allow them to establish their own economy in their community along with its constitution. Alongside the freedom of faith, For since the founding of Clan Treebeard, they were always closer to nature than the mountain. We must honor this.

The second issue is the dissolving of the senate. It showed more flaws than benefits, it took away the voting rights of most clans, that resulted in them fading from the city. Losing the long reputation their ancestor have built up. We must reinstate the traditional Clan council where each clan can represent themselves once again, so that their voices can be heard again. 

The third issue goes hand in hand with the first 2 issues I have addressed. Our constitution itself was written in a time that no longer is now. We must review and change the constitution with reasonable arguments, so that it is rewritten to a more acceptable standard of our current Kingdom.

The last issue is our small market policy. Something that happened recently. For Urguan used to rule the global market for centuries, only to be forgotten and replaced by outside competitors. If elected as your king, my aim will be to expand our market to that of our allies and even neutral nations. To re-establish a dwarven market imperium that stretches over the whole realm. 

With that being said, we do not need a King that is a past commander, a warrior, or a military genius. That will bring glory to our nation, glory does not solve economic problems, and glory does not solve our current state where we are divided. What our nation needs is a strategic mind in diplomacy, who also is a reformist that too moves forward so that the nation can progress on political, economical, and social matters. So I ask those that haven’t voted to cast a vote. Remaining idle, by not voting, is no service to yourself or the kingdom. For every vote is crucial, our nation and our kin are at stake here!

As a candidate, I ask you to VOTE!

rDaoyG4c99L8qZ5WI7RM7gY9nX0Kl0rsU10_HlYb2lvZ7UJ61LqOMjvD6eHKeHGaY9SDkOkr5gf_c6nVFH00yJNC57_Sv6RlM_kofSn37V_94yd-aS2sm3Fm1tTrkVGrx8BW81TjSyrRWeGBsd5u8OoLpER7Wd1EBGI17GUhmaRGrlJyE0JpnHIdKP28Tw

Questions from the crowd:

Garedyn: I am unfamiliar with the clan council system. I have only experienced the Senate in my time here. There are things that are a bit inefficient, but it has also led to some success. Can you tell me what will be different with this clan council?

Response:  As explained in my platform, the clan council brings forth all the clans its representation. This will allow full transparency on clan ideology in legislative matters. Though despite taking down the Senate, we will bring in the good that Bakir Ireheart has created to it. Meaning, we will continue to do checks upon all clans and Hefrumm. This method of who will vote in emergency matters to the majority with the most active clans. Emergency matters, meaning war, tied elections, and so on.

Garedyn: And I was going to ask what about clans like Hammerforge, Irongrinders, and Metalfists in this council?

Response: If they are not present and living in Urguan, then there is no representation needed for those clans.

___

Hekkaes Goldhand: Aye, I would like to ask you upon your views on drug usage. For generations we have used different kinds of substances to try and get a better understanding of the Brathmordakin and also for personal use. I am curious if you are interested in promoting this old tradition of ours, by maybe establishing an actual lounge for dwedmar to have these kinds of activities in a nice environment.

Response: If it brings forth a better understanding for the Brathmordakin, then I will allow the High Prophet to decide. If they see it as useful, then I will support it.

OOC & How To Vote:

DM shaq#2152 on discord

Inform him your dwarf/character name with the one you intend to vote

#Agnar4GrandKing

Thumbrindal smiled as he heard Agnar hold his speech, who kept a steady composure towards those he adressed."mae it be known, our kin need a leade' loike t'at!"

image.png