A WELL-DESERVED RETIREMENT

CopOwl

A WELL-DESERVED RETIREMENT

THE ABDICATION OF ADELE EMMA LUDOVAR

jN7YHgph2jjO5XmDNgxdTlMj3tNjc9pH9AIF7z2a4UoCHMJsZbeAVhmBznYK908lh33TI7JuhxfZWtphREhTrbnAbUVXbSb0e18Q3rhIOS8YIqezC5k7f7WKG-zEc3QTyP2GNRpr1qlosbf1NEDU8BPujI7OefXcwMWbQ_E8FkdkzpVq6tfZb3HlsrBOdA

Issued By

THE COUNTESS OF OTISTADT

In the 10th of Joma ag Umund, 454 E.S.

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV AG EDLERVIK,

It has been 28 long years since the death of my Father, the most honoured and well-regarded Count of Otistadt among his contemporaries, Count Johann Fredrick Ludovar. Many of my companions will remember with what harshness his passing hit myself and my family. Suddenly, I was thrust in charge of a prosperous family with no one but myself to guide or instruct me. I had many mentors as a young Peer, but as time passed they one-by-one faded out of their able bodies, or out of life entirely. I found myself often terrified, catastrophizing over the littlest upset. However, as with most people, this insecurity abated over time and I grew more confident in my position and abilities - significantly catalysed by the births of my children and the burden of responsibility that comes with motherhood.

I have occupied my time with keeping a watchful eye over the safety of our House and Lands, overseeing the construction of grand Ricksburg, and my efforts in restoring and supporting the Office which my Father worked so hard for were eventually recognised when I was appointed as the Lady Justiciar. By this time I felt confident in my role, and have since spent a lot of my hours rewriting the Curriculum of those on the path of becoming a Jovenaar, and I have been guiding and teaching the forthcoming generation of well-learned Lawmen and women. My efforts have not been in vain, for our House has lasted many years without scrutiny or excess gossip surrounding our strictly-maintained Sons and Daughters. Any complaints that have come, I have taken on myself and have been glad to do so. I have forged alliances and friendships with some of the most powerful and kind people on the Continent. 

I have travelled, studied, and written widely, and it is for my fine education that I thank Godan in his kindness to grant me such privilege as to have been at liberty to study how I wished and to make note of such fascinating topics, those of which I have dedicated a portion of my life to. I have been lucky to live such a long and prosperous life. As a child, I was frequently accosted by mysterious afflictions of the lungs which no doctor could cure, these bouts of sickness worried my Father and Sister horribly, but I was fortunate enough to survive to adulthood where they have been mostly dormant.

My Father would have nagged me about how I’m dragging on - all of this reminiscing has been for a purpose. I have achieved great things, and I have spent years worrying endlessly about what will happen once I am gone. To such an extent, that the worries have seeped into my body and begun degrading my health. Of recent, I have been affected by ugly coughing fits that no amount of rest has been able to lighten. I have been advised by Doctors of the Clinic of St. Amyas that it would be wise for me to lighten the load of my duties. I wish not to repeat the woes of the past wherein an heir was given leadership before their time of preparation due to the untimely demise of their predecessor. Furthermore, many will remember that I very recently lost my other half - my beloved husband, Matyas of Alban - which has impacted me most personally in this period of mourning.

It is for these reasons - along with the recent marriage of my eldest daughter - to abdicate from my position as the Countess of Otistadt, and its associated Titles, to my daughter and heir, Emma Henrietta Ludovar. I have full belief in her capabilities, and incredibly high hopes for her. 

I hope that abidicating from my familial responsibilities and leadership will both allow me to heal from my sickness, and give me further liberty of time to dedicate to my study of the Law and the tutelage of my many students as the Lady Justiciar to train the budding generation of Jovenaars and the next High Justiciar, along with their Deputies.

I wish to thank all who have supported me in my life and journey thus far, and wish those remaining good luck in their forthcoming endeavours. May all welcome and support my eldest daughter and her Consort to her birthright as the second Countess of Otistadt.

MAY GODAN BLESS EMMA II OF OTISTADT

MAY WE COME AS CROWS

TIZ LIFST DLUM HAESIY,

Her Excellency, Adele Emma Ludovar, Lady Justiciar of Hanseti-Ruska, 

Kastellan of Domestic Trade, Kastellan of Labour

Y8dcDKoCh2jitn6Zom6GmA-EF3MgTNLrrwV5JhzovAwz46gnYk7alQxHoM3vhlUWGQYQ2uLChxuFTBJjvPCrw5QYx5ZEkKMtikO2ZPOR4xjQKosjpQdlpr5mBoH_XxMtX79btdn2zBNn0VYVI-gRc1GubbvlYPgF-Sh52nnbs_etxj2Ag0SGG7KG0rkByg

The Right Honourable, Emma Henrietta Ludovar, Countess of Otistadt, Viscountess of Sezwesk, Baroness of Juliksburg,

Lady of Ricksburg

3PLUuNjNOixjtf4khu3lOCSSnZQzDOoNH6f3__nLBNcMjNqtFGnieSfcpYVGACSi69niTQekoEjzXQaSOJp_4BgbaabFAV_tdHP95J3V_qk4CERodtiNpw6ut7lDDhqVZgA1T5AP00Qrud1LFWodf1wrW1QhnKyz-hWxMuJP1JknR64RcNb2F_NfprF7Xw

The Right Honourable, Samuel Kristian Ludovar, Count-Consort of Otistadt, Viscount-Consort of Sezwesk,

Baron-Consort of Juliksburg, Lord of Ricksburg

Fxu8Z4U-Q8tpvV__p3O8bQxDEGiUWg_ZZwpJeoFRDt6VA9C2jY1PLG7wQZP_G5Wen0iFUxgq1Q3CGkt4gotl3SnKIWhp92zrYGbscMOHYCJyS23_6WRhjKcVu4O6Sa4FeNYhnHzVL4QgviZSHwlHSUxhi2LDqAdqmsxwnQQaLaRIVI7tDpQ1uyeNIu1r6A

Samuel would read this missive as he sat in the study for a while

"Count consort to countess huh sis, bloody hell. This is too fast for me...I'm lagging behind" he chuckled a bit as he looked out the window 

"Your work will not be in vain nor forgotten dona Adele, you get to take a small vacation, I hear the southern beaches are quite the sight these days"

"Hey hey, maybe I es get to speak with my family again now that she’s niet in charge anymore" would comment Ilya Oakheart with a slight chuckle upon reading over the missive somewhat, leaving it on the table before shrugging and looking out of the window with a soft sigh "why would ea though?" he asked himeñf thereafter, not fining an answer immediately