Cataclysm

ThatWeirdGirl

Maddened scrawls can be found anywhere, parchment cluttering city gutters, scattered in crop fields and nailed to trees alongside the world's roads.

InRmiiXSdDurxyvj4BV4--1--yd92w_6x.thumb.webp.44f37fcaf6c34ca6360d25d711018a8a.webp

Chapter 1

[Cat 1:1] The revelation of the Golden Beast was revealed by the Angel, who made itself known to Dumachas, of the Sisters of Xion, a crow among its blessed choir and the Crow Mother's favored daughter.

[Cat 1:2] Fortunate is he that reads these words, or hears them spoken, and may he remember the warning when the time comes.

[Cat 1:3] Blessed was such a vision granted unto her, though grim in its appearance. Ashen fields greeted Dumachus, burned and ravaged by clouds of locusts and mortal raiders alike.

[Cat 1:4] The earth had turned to dry dust, no longer graced by a root or drop of rain. The fruit trees stood barren or with rotting fruit, spoiled on the branch before they had ripened.

[Cat 1:5] The earth did rumble, a golden beast emerging from the plagued soil.

[Cat 1:6] With great amazement, Dumachus watched the beast crawl forth. It had four great wings, three of which it used to move, and the fourth of which grasped a bell larger than any home.

[Cat 1:7] Dumachus looked up to the beast's face, and fell to her knees in awe.

[Cat 1:8] It's face was graced by a long snout, not unlike a hound. Feathers the color of pure gold and snow covered its body, glistening untainted in the sun. It's eyes blazed like the fires of the hearth.

[Cat 1:9] The Golden Beast turned to Dumachus, and spoke aloud in a voice like thunder:

[Cat 1:10] "Fear not, for I have not come to harm. I come for peace, not war. I have come with a great mercy to grant to all that will accept. Come children of Horen, of Malin, of Urguan, of Krug. I am the peace and the storm, and the peace and the chaos. I am the warning of what is to come, and what cannot be avoided."

[Cat 1:11] "Write the things I shall show you, for all who has eyes to see with, and read them for those who have ears to hear. Spread this warning across the corners of the land, to all those who will listen and those who will not."

Chapter 2

[Cat 2:1] And so Dumachas watched as The Golden Beast soared on his three wings, and rung his great bell to those who lay suffering in the dust below.

[Cat 2:2] He called out in a voice like rushing waters, "Come to me, all those faithful. Come to the Skies, to paradise. Raise your hands to me and I shall come."

[Cat 2:3] Many did raise their hands, and their mercy was swift. Their souls were parted from their bodies where they lay, and left to fade to nothing.

[Cat 2:4] Not all did, and many men and women gathered from the four corners of the land to raise arms against His immaculate mercy, with the aid of many Aenguls who refused to see what was coming.

[Cat 2:5] They gathered under the banners of the lion, the stag, and the weasel, seeking courage, righteousness and swiftness against the inevitable end.

[Cat 2:6] The Golden Beast saw this, and said without raising a fang to them, "So let it be."

[Cat 2:7] The bannermen gathered in their numbers, and went to the place the Golden Beast was granting his mercy.

[Cat 2:8] The Lions took the power of the sun, and the Stags used their words to harden the hearts of those who may raise their hands to the Golden Beast, while the Weasels sought to restrain them by force alone.

[Cat 2:9] Many fought them, but it was in vain, for they had received the greatest curse of all; True Immortality.

[Cat 2:10] They would never be allowed to accept the Beast's great mercy, no matter the wound they would heal and raise their arms once again to fight.

[Cat 2:11] With a crack of thunder, a great light fell upon the Golden Beast's back, casting him to the earth from which he came.

[Cat 2:12] The Lions, Stags and Weasels fell upon him, ripping his feathers free and tearing his skin, setting him aflame: And yet, The Beast did not raise a tooth or wing against them.

[Cat 2:13] As The Beast died, his blood covered the earth like a flood.

[Cat 2:14] And He Who Burns rose.

Chapter 3

[Cat 3:1] Dumachus watched on with great wonder, the once Golden Beast rising from his grave, burning and flayed.

[Cat 3:2] No longer able to fly, he crawled forth, ringing his bell for all to hear. Crimson poured endlessly from his wounds until the little ones had to swim or be carried.

[Cat 3:3] His voice rose above the pouring, like crashing thunder, "COME TO ME, THOSE FAITHFUL. COME TO THE SKIES, TO PARADISE. RAISE YOUR HANDS TO ME AND I SHALL COME."

[Cat 3:4] And so he wandered the earth, bringing his sickly sea wherever he went, and those Bannermen following and ripping at his bare wings.

Spoiler

If you have any post formatting tips, please tell me what they are