The Demon We Shall Not Name

Diogen

[!] Missives were spread across all of Almaris. With a big URGENT. READ. on the top

image.png

The Demon We Shall Not Name

MassiveCraft Divider Collection by Astraaeus

People of Almaris,
Halfway through my day, after the unleashed creature was done harassing nations and settlements, it has made its way to me, threatening me for writing these missives.

But I will not stop. How long I have to live is irrelevant. So long as it remains, I will spread everything I have uncovered about it like wildfire.
It is alone, but we are many.
Our time on this continent is short, and while everyone is too busy fighting with themselves, a creature much, much stronger than Iblees herself is threatening conquest upon not only Almaris, but our entire realm.

And so, it is about time I inform everyone on the recent discoveries

-That creature is threatening to assault Haense tomorrow. (11 PM GMT+1 | Please do not attend if not affiliated with Haense, as it is run by a single newer ST member, and will be extremely hard to coordinate with more than just the nation's members. The rest are free to spectate) Its one and only goal is to acquire the King's crown. It is gathering a collection of crowns from people who are of power, to increase its own power.

-It is not just a demon. It is an otherworldly spirit, one unlike the Shamanistic spirits. Its power is far, far too great, and battling it is exceedingly hard. It will have to be dealt with in an extremely smart fashion. A single mistake, and it is capable of wiping entire armies.

-Ash is a mere vessel. While his normal, Descendant side remains, the demon has been controlling him too frequently. Yet, its power is limited by him. It gains power by having corpses offered to it as sacrifices, but most importantly: It grows in power by deceiving people into accepting deals with it. Causing it to control their vessel and have a link from its realm to Almaris. Through him, it has power on Almaris.
Do not accept any deals with it. It trapped us in a room underground, and almost begged us to accept its deal. We refused, and refused, and found our own way out. If we had accepted, he would've had an army of two nations controlled by it.

-Its powers are severely limited due to it having to walk on Almaris through a Descendant it deceived. Yet, when I once began repeatedly speaking its name while Ash was unconscious, it did not wake up. It remained dormant. This means, if anyone is capable of cleansing it (Shamans), knock him out.

-To all leaders. Do not give it your crown, as it will gain power from it. Destroy your crowns. Do not let it get its hands on any.

-If you manage to make it to Karkosa, do not linger. Magic is not functional, and the creatures there are powerful. You will be like a rat in a lion's den. Yet, the Hexers are trapped within, somewhere. If you ever get stuck, look for them. They are your allies.

-Unrelated: We are not fighting Iblees. It is the Red Prince we have been fighting this entire time. The one that posed as Widukind. And now posing as Iblees. Its right hand man. It was not slain in Hense. Iblees is still weak.

If you have any questions, seek my in the Basilica in Haense. I work in the Church.

To who I shall not name: Recover well from the concussion I've given you.

-Sister Helena

MassiveCraft Divider Collection by Astraaeus

The Oyashiman Hexer, Masuo of Yamatai, would remain blissfully unaware of this missive. He was sat upon a stump in Karkosa, sharpening his blades whilst planning the way forward.

A ker shaman, puts the missive in a frame, and glass over the frame. "Ya know. Ya can't just get thrown into a portal by a daemon, almost forced to serve a daemon, escape a daemon. And go try and warn everyone you can without getting close to these people...

To those that were their to witness this horror...we, will be friends for decades to come. We went through this. Together. And I hated every second of it, but atleast. We were united."

*Lumia wondered if it would accept a boar’s carcass. Or if it only accepted humanoid carcasses.*

15 minutes ago, Diogen said:

-To all leaders. Do not give it your crown, as it will gain power from it. Destroy your crowns. Do not let it get its hands on any.

Valyris seemed to grin from ear to ear. "Luckily I have a circlet!" She chimed, then polishing the Circlet of the Cosmos to ensure the lunarite headpiece remained glimmering.

confused lord of the rings GIF

"So many incorrect statements. . ." the Nephilim spoke with a sigh, "Perhaps ask someone who is knowledgeable on the subject, not a victim of it."

The Targoth escaped the caverns along with the party.

He then left to gather the only ones who could cleanse that foul being.

An army of shamans was to be gathered, again.

A 'Thill frowns. ""Why would you tell people this- now they'll try to feed it and help it kill people to be funny..."

A White Specter frowned as his gaze caught the words of the missive, he let out a heavy, frustrated sigh - unlike that of his normal nature "He needs to answer my letters... surely, he will ne ignore them forever." His voice echoed across the withered and ruined lands, meeting no ears but his own.

In the depths of the world, lingering in the decaying edifice of once proud ruins did word of this Demon reach the mind of that twisted Barrowlord of Fog.. 

"Deals of a foul nature.. but how far are we willing to go to secure what we seek? Perhaps we should seek this 'Demon' out and discuss a deal.."

Roui would read this missive, and give one of the largest sighs. It could practically be heard in Haense, despite his homestead being outside the walls of the city.

"Oh for fu-"

Dear reader, I will allow you to infer the filth that came from the elven captain's mouth that evening.

The shrines of the Great Owl were littered with letters and notes from bereaving families and children, some who sought protection from the inferi. They offered baskets of fruits, ruined blades from the war, and books on a variety of different cultures and their practices.

As the God of Owl sits perched atop the golden tree, it surveyed the continent below with its keen eyes. It tilted its head from side to side, taking in the sights and sounds of the land below. It listened to the whispers of the wind and the rustling of the leaves, and it could sense the movement of the creatures below.

With a powerful beat of its wings, the godly owl took flight. "Toot." 

1 hour ago, Diogen said:

We are not fighting Iblees. It is the Red Prince we have been fighting this entire time. The one that posed as Widukind. And now posing as Iblees. Its right hand man. It was not slain in Hense. Iblees is still weak.

A learned former naztherak frowns at the missive.

"But the Red Prince is Iblees..."

1 hour ago, Diogen said:

Our time on this continent is short, and while everyone is too busy fighting with themselves, a creature much, much stronger than Iblees herself is threatening conquest upon not only Almaris, but our entire realm.

"And Iblees is the Archdaemon, second only to the Nameless Creator and rivalled solely by the Archaengul Aeriel. There is no stronger being in the Veil.

These are the writings of a deceiver." 

The late devil seethes into the soulstream, his cries reverberating through nought but cold, deaf stone.