The Recovered Journals of Methysko Gemeye

_RoyalCrafter_

Volume I

The servants often try to placate my rotten mood, “Oh Great Father, you are so ancient and mighty” they say. I know in truth they mean old and rotten. I see no hope for the Gemeyes, everyone is useless… Only Indra shows talent, she has skill in making golems. I cherish her dearly, but what can I do for her? Nothing. Our caves are crumbling, we have no way out, and the elders are murmuring things about her.

They do not realise the situation we are in. They have not spent a day of their worthless lives in the tunnels working for the clan. The stone grows impenetrable around us, our picks turn rusted. The tunnel which we used to enter these caverns has long collapsed. I still curse Shcorl over that.

I feel the weight of the walls. The Brathmordakin shun us, I don’t know what to do.

Hopefully, once Indra finishes her golems we will be able to escape from here. I’m suffocating.

separator.png.ef25e230841f2513af20c0554f9e072c.png

Volume II

There was a light in the tunnels. A single floating flame out there. Am I going mad? Did some dwarf tunneler leave a candle? I dared not approach it, but I wanted to, I could feel its warmth from afar. I don’t know what it was. My retinue had searched for me frantically, as I stared at the flame in the dark. They say I was gone for days, but I don’t think I even blinked nor did I feel any hunger or tiredness. What happened?

I keep seeing that little light in my mind, its image warms me. Though it does not last long, my darkness snuffs it out. I have to pray to Grimdugan.

A Prayer

O’ Lord of Avarice, King of the Shade,

Your children sleep in your beard of shadows,

We keep by us your obsidian blade.

We have nothing to fear,

The darkness is clear

With you here and near.

Unmarked Volume

Someone went missing in the caverns. Cabo Gemeye, a young lad, vanished. All that was found were a few track marks and a splotch of blood. People have reported chittering in the caverns. What have I done? Is this punishment for my greed? I am sorry.

Indra’s golem is complete, and it is strong enough to dig through the bedrock. We will soon leave this accursed place that my foolhardiness brought us to.

Volume XI

Monsters have started roaming openly and attacking us in the caverns. Gigantic Lurkers besiege us. We have resorted to using our little stocks of wood to make crossbows to defeat them.

The end is near I know it, and others do too. Indra came to me weeping, that in a few months they will have a way out, she begged me to come with. But my fate is sealed.

I was the greedy fool who had forsaken our other brothers to lead the clan into solitude. I had failed to uphold the creeds of Grimdugan. But I saw his light in the dark, I know he has not abandoned me. I have to remain in this place and atone for my sins. My only hope is that others will manage to escape this onslaught.

This will be the last entry of my journal. I doubt it will ever see the light of the surface, but if some spelunker eventually uncovers it, here are my words.

Use greed for good, do not let it blind you,

Love your brothers,

Admit your faults,

Have faith.

Signed Methysko Gemeye

The Ancient Amethyst

Tuzic spent A long night in the Grand Library preparing the books uncovered during the delve... "Bettah safe then sorreh..." He mutters to himself, watching the Dwarven printing press work its magic "Thank ye Lore mastah... ah truleh stunnin gift of knowledge yer uncovered fer us..." He says, retrieving the fresh copies from the press to add to the public collection.