WARNING - DEMON ON THE LOOSE

Boknice275

OIP_32.jpg?width=449&height=473

A rough sketch of the monstrosity discussed

[!] The following missive is distributed throughout the lands on thick parchment paper, with heavier concentrations appearing in the Kingdom of Aaun and areas surrounding it. It is attached to trees, wood posts, and other structures capable of holding paper. The following text is written in golden ink.

An Imminent Threat To All

Beloved descendants of all the lands, I come with news of a grave threat. Before I proceed I must introduce myself: I am Sir Philip Lionheart, known by some as Phil the Righteous or simply Phil. I am charged with the protection of the people of Adria, in part, and the preservation of all innocents against the unjust and wicked, at large. I have fought numerous darkspawn in Aaun and throughout the lands of Almaris with vigor and dedication. My heart bleeds for innocent souls who fall prey to dark desires.  A few moons ago myself and a few others were headed to Minitz to investigate another matter that I may notify you all about someday. On the road to Minitz we traveled through my home of Adria and encountered an eldritch creature. Indeed, his form reflects the most vilest constitution that ever entered mortal minds: the being's stomach was shaped like a jagged-maw which dripped with bile and water; he had tentacles wreathed around his body which caused him to 'float' towards others as if he was on water, it's eyes were like an endless void of darkness without a glimmer of hope within them.

When I approached the creature for questioning I asked him what his purpose was in the realm of men, as I do with all darkspawn I confront. I question them not to share pleasantries, but to form a basis to convict and evict them from whence they do not belong. The creature remarked that he was "cursed by a dark magician" and he was thus searching for GOD to seek revenge. Shortly thereafter I commanded him to leave Adria, where I expressly have authority as a knight under Duke Sarkozic, and the realm of men generally, where I have authority as a wielder of the flame of Owyn under the authority of almighty GOD.  Instead of complying with my request, it began to summon a green slime that snaked across it's body and surrounded it's hands.

I took no chances after this clear sign of aggression. I quickly maneuvered to the east and approached the being with every intention of ending it before it could harm anyone else.  What happened next was horrid: it cast the substance towards me and a circle of flames surrounded my person. I foolishly tried to step over the flames, an action that would be my undoing. They proceeded to flare up and consume my entire body, tho' only my face received any injuries. Every other part of my body did not even feel any 'heat' from the flames, leading me to believe they are from a demonic source. More on this in a moment.

After burning me and rebuffing an attack from my colleague who threw a spear at it, the being bargained with two jesters who tried to save me. The creature's demands to leave me alone were simple: he wanted to become empowered to "kill" Inferi. This may sound like the musings of a would-be monster hunter, but alas beloved, they were nothing of the sort. As I recovered from my burn wounds I witnessed the creature produce a crab from it's maw which crawled upon the hands of one of the jesters. The creature asked the jester how did they feel about holding an Inferi. From that statement I can deduce that this creature is a conjuring demon cursed with the tools of Iblees; I fought these same creatures in Haense not too long ago, as did many of us. The creature also told the jesters that if they hadn't been present he would have "eaten my soul." He also remarked that I should be lucky that his flame wasn't "cursed" because I would have became schizophrenic. These are the ravings of an absolute madman, not a seeker of truth searching for divinity.  Shortly after these remarks, he mounted his steed and claimed he would continue his search for God, and then galloped off into the sun.

The presence of darkspawn in any territory of Almaris should concern us, but this particular instance is especially egregious. The sketch above is only a very rough and probably unreliable depiction of the creature, but it is a start. This creature does not make any pretense of secrecy; it will reveal itself and it's corrupt goals without any problem. My advice is that if anyone sees this creature on the road and is ill prepared to fight it, do not engage and contact either me or another holy man.

I will not rest until this so-called "seeker of God" is brought to justice and burned at the stake. For those of us who share the Canonist faith, Holy Owyn's sword is a powerful symbol not merely because of it's prowess against the dark, but what it represents to all of us who have faith in GOD: the ultimate judgment and demise of Iblees children at the sword of the Righteous. I prophesy that the  destruction of this eldritch sea demon is imminent. Over the weeks I will be organizing a hunt for this particular creature.  If you wish to participate in my hunt for this being, send an aviary to me in Adria or wander around the Kingdom of Aaun, as I am sure to be patrolling for other evil ones.

Once again, if you come across this being alone or if you and others are ill-prepared, DO NOT ENGAGE.   This creature is capable of conjuring Inferi that assume the appearance of sea creatures and he can use accursed flames to burn unprotected skin. He also bested me and a colleague at the same time.  His demise will be the work of the combined efforts of descendants throughout the land, not a single hero trying to score renown. If this creature wishes to meet GOD, I have no problem sending his soul directly to him for ultimate oblivion.

GOD bless all of you, and may the light of Owyn shield you from the dark ones."

-Signed, Sir Phil the Righteous of Adria.

Across the lands of GOD such a creature drug its body through the thick woods that covered the country side. Behind it, a trail of gore and red-stained water as it travelled. Its soaked wings trailed behind it  gathering dirt, grime, and more. 

For some time it continued like this, traveling the lands in circles in search of someone, something. Those who neared too close to the woods of Minitz and Adria would recoil in fear upon hearing the cursed language in which it spoke. 

As per the rare few who found themselves brave enough to venture towards this, they would find hellish writing engraved upon the trees. Should one try to read it their eyes would feel a warmth within them, a growing pain even as they stared at such.

Spoiler

If you want to schedule something let me know! Logan.#6052

7KNxiMCQ1QkjoCk-eG3B2eShyP7GiLtfSSrqr_AKL2G9WlqeOM2PkZd5xbbQsuBjILoQ7KSo0YJXrAV3wrla2MzFXVO-RrKowFc08rlqnO0Q1h-O4DWgLQ-6mE_p0vrIoZqqt1T02TlCX5Nn0bepiifqotnboYv6MmZ3FO2v69CMLZQCdtpw-pWirh8r

𝅘𝅥𝅮𝅗𝅥𝅘𝅥𝅯𝅘𝅥𝅮

Brennus led his horse carefully through a disarray of pitched tents, half-assembled buildings, and cobbled materials in piles nearly as tall as himself. He tracked the smoke wafting from a still-kindled fire and came near to find an injured knight arguing with a lady. The gangrenous hue of the knight's scar urged Brennus on as he introduced himself to the two sat by the fire. A short conversation between Brennus and the knight Sir Phil and Lady Norra revealed that the village of Adria suffered an assault by an inferi in the knight's own words. Those same demons that broke siege of Karosgrad have ranged south, mine own village west of here must be informed.