UPON A DIFFERENT FATE

Beamon4

Spoiler

uJaX1YJWx1IsSTOQ2v_IxlSaf3Q5mfvO2842rNFUpKiYcl0rL8HQlcgtkcU1p3UmDxXijHby8Ej9_jCumXzISvFYNykG724RAbaG5YSDYgnW9VkpnW3bIC4z0ecxElsceFl9VcKQpK_octfL7H4qODx8YY9dgWVuaQz7Hr1QF9O79pFucsT3QgQovgnh_A
UPON A DIFFERENT FATE | THE AGENDA OF HEINRIK I 

15th day of Horen’s Calling of 1904

sOkfekyzgtuslVb5149UrASAlKKcExGIH_1tfMcjgOPynXYkLRNy7AEe490ZsGPIK5J4bENeenVCyE3PP9inR5ohvrjg8OivmxydpuWoYeEmku9cObYcPL9QOuCYuYdZ_qxDa0kCSXb3a9GLON6sx8fkd0KIN4ldQAwenmTzcyKkymVBKnOMtOyvnpDK2w
”Haec omnia habebant hoc offerre” 

Augustus d’Amaury’s derision after the Raze of Brelus, 1521

When the future Archduke d'Amaury rode upon the banks of the crimson Novellen River, watching the city of Brelus aflame, he stated coldly, "So this was all they had to offer." Just as the little blonde Hugo was beheaded, so too now would his beloved Adria. From thereon, our ancestors would wander aimless, the remaining men fighting under Emperor John I, but for naught, their families would continue to dwindle and their melancholy unending. This was to be the fate of Adria, washed away by time, and to join the ashes of the destroyed. One hundred and ninety years later, the spindle of fate would be cruel towards Adria again as their Golden City, Ves, burned at the hands of the betrayer Marius and the mad Emperor Antonius. Once more, this was the fate of Adria, burned twice, once in stone and once in gold. 

Then, the eagle roared from Adrian Sarkozic, but corruption ran too deep. The Ambition-soaked Sarkozic dreamed of himself atop the Imperial Throne, and it was achieved with the betrayal of Adria, virtually dissolving it with the demolition of Renzfeld and the forced resettlement of her people into Helena, his now jeweled imperial capital. His son, Joseph Clement' The Unworthy', proved no better; he later married to become Emperor, kept the title away from fair election out of jealousy, and dissolved it entirely. This was to be the fate of Adria, burned twice and betrayed twice. 

It is this fate Adria seems destined for, one of immense ruin and tragedy, yet the Adrian Dream persists untarnished. Now with the Dumapalooza of 1903, our task is different; our path shall be different. We sit at the precipice of the future. To let ourselves be defined by others and the past or strive upon a different fate. As Duke of Adria, I proclaim for the latter. Let our tenacity and hope define us. Let our great endeavor of rebuilding and rejuvenation define us. Let our willingness for reform and change, ready us for hindrances. Thus with this agenda, I intend, with the support of my people, to enact their will and declaration.

Let the words of d’Amaury ring, ‘so this was all they had to offer’. For we take them with pride, all we offer is bravery, tenacity, our adoration, work for the prosperity of Adria and the commitment of our cause to GOD.

Heinrik Otto var Nikolai Sarkozic

Austina Prudence Sarkozic

ybSck7dQaJVtuJE0-MbVFl5EAIIdviDiUteq8DX5FJHZNZkkI-QEQrwOxbn7u-3QNoytJvhra8bhsyarZ-JOYklsmy3sXi95H71cogv2vSLuJ1D7t-DJe9-ypvLrZb_zx1Zl7pheJ0sjfzvSAmVrPdQyHgIbLbMIwSqiGjtFHy8ecN-RT1mRtBjDKHAP

A Bannerman of the Greycloaks on patrol, circa 1903.

INAUGURAL AGENDA OF 1904

THE EXPANSION OF OUR CAPITAL, VELEC

The current clutter of tents forming Velec shall be transformed as bricks are inlaid and tents are lowered in favor of a township that shall be at the forefront of the refoundation of Adria. Familiar architecture from previous duchies shall return anew with an invigorated design and further development of housing so all may find a roof over their heads. 

THE WAYWARD PEOPLE OF ADRIA

Our people are long adrift; thus, it is my mandate to regather them and those families from Adria’s past that still live. Under the auspices of St. Catherine, we open the golden door of Adria to those poor, lost and homeless. Those who yearn to breathe freedom shall have a home in our beloved Duchy. To any who wish to make a living, paid professions of different trades shall be offered. Whether that be arms, merchants, or labor, all shall share in the splendor of Adria.

THE REFORMATION OF THE GREYCLOAKS

Though our hopes are peaceful and stable, we must make preparations for those who have more malicious values and intend to do ill upon our people. Therefore it is a part of my agenda to reform the ancient Greycloaks of Adria. Founded by the brave Rickard Barrow, the Graycloaks fought valiantly during the Duke's War to protect Adria. Now we recommence their duty and ancient code to guard Adria and serve its people dutifully through honorable service. 

THE RESTRUCTURING OF THE ADRIAN DUMA AND GOVERNMENT

Adria is known as the land of democracy; free and fair ideals though sometimes chaotic, always shine in Adria. Therefore in righteous reverence, we seek to resume the liberal procedures of the Duchy. Though the process shall be daunting, we strive to lay the infrastructure of righteous governance for posterity with a Constitution. Appropriate undertakings shall be made to usher in the governing Duma and continue Adria's tradition, so none no matter class, shall be left without a voice.

THE CONTINUED DEVELOPMENT OF VELETZIA AND THE DUCHY

The Lands of our Duchy are bountiful, and we must consider the past states' failure to use its advantages adequately. Therefore, farms, lumbermills, industry, and other developments shall be actively encouraged and undertaken to increase the prosperity of the devastated land. Economic and financial incentives shall be offered to bring and create commercial enterprises in Adria. By these efforts, Adria's populace will grow and become stable so no soul shall go hungry. 

IN NOMINE DEI 

His Grace, Heinrik I Sarkozic, Duke of Adria, Count of Veletzia, Baron-Consort of Aldersberg, Protector of the Aaunic South, Keeper of the Swans

AVE ADRIA

qP1rPllPYQWw-80JcNyj96vyfiYN2eQxjIX-oWVyzijiOWqWwcR4rcVR-JLM_ENDUv_Ips7nxsMBxu5zDYLs4Ozcr1hN9JsVZwM1Viu3ffOJhZxMX0piNM5MlOKpQE9BrjluZgJOW47TUmzAEAO3p2dcvrOl2DnhlXo6mq-FEbKbMjn-wBCrn5Z4pL9nbQ

Chancellor Varoche nodded, "They shall be done! Ave Adria and it's agenda!"

"Adrian was a traitor indeed; shall he be errased from the books of history for such." an ancient Adrian entity stating on his hunt for those who serve Iblees; as he got it into his hands "I shall visit Adria soon again."

Adrianus de Sola remembers fondly of his brother, Augustus d’Amaury.  Their grandfather, Titus de Sola, had trained them both within the confines of Dour Watch somewhere between three centuries ago.  Oh, somewhere far flung in the Seven Heavens did that son of Sola smile the Sun’s smile as his kinsmen united.