[✗] [Amendment] Kani

ronin_champloo

Kani Amendment

Original Redline:

- Resonance cannot be achieved with any form of metal or metal-similar density equipment on the Oscillit. This also applies to materials of similar density to metal, such as Ironwood, as the inciting of Resonance through objects is hindered by said object’s hardness first and foremost. This leaves the possibility for wooden or softer weapons to be used in certain ways and with certain abilities should the ranges be met. 

New Redline:

- Resonance cannot pass through materials with a similar density, or hardness, to metal, effectively prohibiting its flow throughout the Oscillit's body. This also applies to materials of similar density to metal, such as Ironwood, as the inciting of Resonance through objects is hindered by said object’s hardness first and foremost. This leaves the possibility for wooden or softer weapons to be used in certain ways and with certain abilities should the ranges be met.

Examples are below, for easier understanding:

Spoiler

Yellow = Resonance. Black = No Resonance.

Reference 1:

6209196103da50cb100f6056532df5b8.png

As there's metal around their neck, it stops the flow of Resonance from reaching the rest of their body.

Reference 2:

333590d0d613e3806d209e470d1ff36a.png

As there is metal covering their shoulders, Resonance cannot flow down to their arms. Their chest and legs as it's not covered by metal are able to channel Resonance.

Reference 3:

9412c38a8e6cb1287b1635a5ec69f1c4.png

As there is metal covering their legs, Resonance cannot flow down to their feet. Their chest and arms, however, are able to channel Resonance.

Reference 4:

e5bbf78bfb005e1141912f20ba67c501.png

As there is metal covering their chest and torso, Resonance cannot flow down to their legs and arms.

OOC:

Wrote this while talking to an old practitioner of Kani a while back. I was babyraging about the newest change to Kani imposed by the ST wherein one cannot achieve Resonance with any metal or similar dense/hardness materials on them. He explained to me how the balancing of Kani worked in the past and I wanted to incorporate it since the preventing of metal entirely for an Oscillit is incredibly scuffed.

And as for the people saying Oscillits were never able to have metal equipment on them with some inciting a particular Oscillit as an example, I talked to them, and he laughed and said that he used metal equipment.

A list of faults with the current redline:

- You aren't able to wear jewelry (no drip)

- You aren't able to wear belt buckles

- You aren't able to wear buttons

- Doesn't make sense. Covering a hot potato in foil keeps the heat inside, having a foil ball next to a potato does not keep it hot.

- YOU CAN'T USE KANI IF YOU HAVE MINA ON YOU (This one genuinely made me laugh, like holy shit. Have 0.7 mina? Sorry buddy, can't achieve Resonance)

- You aren't able to use its techniques, etc delayed inertia with an arrow, even though previous practitioners of Kani had done so -- in various write-ups, and the lore event states that this can be done, as seen here:

Spoiler

'Delaying of Inertia may also be used to build up force in an attack to be released at a later point; the attack can be either physical or ranged in nature, such as striking someone with a wooden baton or releasing an arrow that had been delayed thrice prior. In this case, it'd allow the arrow to fire with thrice the force.'

3 minutes ago, rukio said:

Based amendment 

Thank you! : ) 

I hope this gets reviewed before next year, but judging from the /sreqs that I checked when I came back yesterday -- I still somehow had PEX for some reason -- I'm not so sure..

I can only hope that Islamadon's req about Lunarite, which had been sitting for 6 days, got picked up!

37 minutes ago, PXY said:

I hope this gets reviewed before next year, but judging from the /sreqs that I checked when I came back yesterday -- I still somehow had PEX for some reason -- I'm not so sure..

I can only hope that Islamadon's req about Lunarite, which had been sitting for 6 days, got picked up!

image.png.fe59a6e72f3f7a91fe4e4368c719bb1d.png

He's been on for 1% of the time his req has been up.
It's the holiday season. People are with their families. People are on break. People are on hiatus.

There is no need for comments like this.

Keep the kani-people poor! No mina on their person!

41 minutes ago, PXY said:

A former LT should know they aren't going to rush review your ammendment during the last 4 days of the holiday season, dude.