The Death of a Statesman

Drew2_dude

Spoiler

THE DEATH OF A STATESMAN

1aXvkPocHO41KIn8Pja-fxsvitgKKWi4pczspqul9pB7sH76Fc7UYdi-wI3pok7uUvf5Jd1DSpC2upqwgSoxSNtNShvSreeAoAdg0SH9eq53_6FDI4Rq5sQ4MPFz-pvvWyvj8l-r2b7r2vMUZbF7bRthZdexQsXGxlIt6Ict6xvnUbaMAIWd6qDxUemAyg

Issued by the

LORD REGENT OF VALWYCK

On the 5th day of Wzuvar ag Byvca of 457 E.S.

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV E EDLERVIK,

It is never painless to accept the death of kin, nor is it easy to announce the passing of a loved one in such a public forum; but as Lord Regent of Valwyck I am charged with the management of the family estate and tasked with wearisome duty of settling the affairs of the deceased.

It is because of this station that I must be the one to report the death of the former Lord Palatine, Kaustantin Baruch. He was found unconscious in his bed and pronounced dead of apoplexy, a hemorrhage of the brain, by Ayrikiv physicians. He appeared to have passed suddenly in his sleep.

I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge the many accolades of his tenure. Kaustantin served as Lord Palatine for almost a decade to King Sigismund III, he was a dutiful servant to his station and a respected statesman by his peers. He legislated reforms through the Royal Duma, something most Palatines do solely by decree, proving himself to be a skillful negotiator and an advocate for noble and democratic expression. His talent and character could be seen through many of his other achievements as well; when he eased tensions between families on the verge of blood feuds and when he negotiated an end to the Silver War with Haelun’or. Furthermore, he stood fast alongside King Sigismund against Orenian aggression and continued the no-nonsense policies that allowed the Kingdom of Haense to flourish on the global stage.

His death is undoubtedly a great loss for our family, but also for Haense overall. His character and ideals helped shape Haeseni governance for years to come, and places him in the same upper echelon of great deceased Ayrikiv statesmen with the likes of Sigmar, Petyr, Matyas, and Terrence May. It is Because of his impact that I shall declare a State of Mourning within the Duchy of Valwyck. The families of Baruch and Gant shall adorn themselves in black alongside the people of Valwyck for the remainder of the year.

A brief ceremony will be held in honour of Kaustantin. I invite any who considered themselves a companion or kin to pay their respects as he is laid to rest within the crypts. It is to be followed by a feast within Lichestadt as he would not ask us to mourn, but celebrate his life.

IN MEMORIAM

dtmMZWslFObhrCSMZBOnihe88fZyXuEVvKbz9awcl7VLZa3gg10iOLFDrAWcR4LPIehsz7iZQoRtNhOMGeIyoMwxEvjC-8JGSzxvW7Ye-LESCFk3geeoHNGY5_SCu24SWDgZyQzQn7OGTQ4ADpn18hhUkXG49f0XCiqT6vMzcfitBjADAXB1kQ-33VOH_A

Kaustantin Matyas Baruch

372 - 457 E.S.

Lord Palatine to His Royal Majesty Sigismund III 

Spoiler

FUNERAL AT 3PM EST. FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30TH IN THE DUCHY OF VALWYCK

BY MOUNTAIN, RIVER, AND COAL,

His Excellency, Otto Baruch-Gant, Lord Regent and Steward of the Duchy of Valwyck,

Baron of Gant 

Her Grace, Franziska Baruch, Duchess-Consort of Valwyck, Countess of Ayr, Viscountess of Voron, Baroness of Laval and Riveryn, Lady of Jorenstadt, Guardian of the Hanseti Coast

His Lordship, Eirik Baruch.

R3bFX_zjAY5yyUk_FpoEmveY8AaF6QQPkfNOwtdqdLCdBLWevPOLq2QKXRZ4pUsmIiexOMX-X7XaTh5E00Db7bpddfbrnyuCBwWOPdRPKr3zkBufpOQMHaYHDC--UpiGJOu8d-fKLas9OeK9s8HLRqQlDxcxWBf-1CJ0id2PcIa2a81xeo-5BWduZ6ucTw

Edited by Drew2_dude

At last, the old’s man cruel torment to see all of his friends and family pass away one by one is over. Upon entering the seven skies or most likely, hell, with new peace of mind, Kaustantin begins dancing.