[Amendment]Voidstalking: Living Tether

[Amendment]Voidstalking: Living Tether

Edit Purpose:

Voidstalking is generally viewed as the most powerful of the four ritual-types, with ‘unlimited’ casting stamina to the voidstalkers themselves and the ability to act as mana obelisks while standing still, assisting their allies in cases of threats as well as ritual-uses. The suggested change to Voidstalkers in this amendment is not intended as a direct nerf or buff to the magic however, but instead a small rebalancing. The idea is not to take away from their fantasy of being a spellcasting enigma with powerful magic, but to instead expand on it with a double-edged sword that can be used both by their allies, as well as their enemies. The proposed change is as follows:

1. A Voidstalker acts as a Mana Obelisk while standing still -> A Voidstalker acts as a Mana Obelisk all the time.

More plainly, this means that their magic is more readily a boon to their allies without the need for the Voidstalker to stand still, but in turn this can be used against them by opposing spellcasters who manage to enter their range.

Original Version:

Redlines:

- A Voidstalker must be stationary to give the effects listed above.

Edited Version:

- A Voidstalker always gives the effects listed above.

I think lore wise this makes sense... why should the tear in the soul stop producing the mana (as an obelisk) while in motion? There doesn't seem to be any reason lore wise why it should. 

In terms of mechanics, I think this would be a completely fair change as well. While allies would be able to use the boost from the voidstalker, so would any caster that comes within their range (The voidstalker wouldn't be able to take away the mana boost from an enemy caster, just by moving a bit.)

+1

Something similar to the addition I added, but more simplified and better. +1

The only while immobile thing always seemed a bit silly on a lore standpoint, could be cool.

i like it, yeah +1

Stalker approved (;

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. Thank you for your submission. Moving to correct subforum to prevent redundancy and clutter.