[PK] Excerpts from the memoir of a Queen

shay

The long-dead Baroness Carrington gave an excited cry as she watched her daughter cross the threshold into the Seven Skies. "Oh, welcome home, my dove!" She sung, tears of joy filling her eyes.

Up in the skies, the original and first Baroness of Carrington welcomed her great grand daughter! A look of pride filled her face as she gave a small pinch to her cheeks. 

“You have done not only Haense a service but the Carrington name. Excellent work, darling Amadea.” 

Viktor var Ruthern, but a baby still, slept finally after a good night's crying. He knew not the fates that befell his grandparents, nor had he any way of understanding. Kin he would not recall, and a relationship never to be.

The obscure truth was that it took two people to wear the Crown with greatness, and some Kings only stood so tall because of the Queens that lifted them, who unconditionally stood at their side when all the world weighed on them, who lightened their burden when their hands were bloodied and their conscience scarred, who reminded them of what they toiled and fought for.

That Karl had found that in his wife would have made his father happy.

In the dimming light of a ficking candle, worn, did the Poet of Jerovitz read a secondary missive. Yet even with stable palms and a balanced quill did darkness surpace his toughts. "Too much as of late, has the shadows crept over that which was once young. Is it really true that they we are all coming into those times, ones riddled with the sudden droppings, like rats who feast on slow acting posion?" The Kortrevich turned, dotting the tip of the feather into ink so that he might right down his remaining thoughts on that who his cousin had found so charming and lovely- that Orenian Basrid. "I remember a letter I once delivered for you to his Majesty- though his Majesty he had not been yet. Delivered on the eve of such a great battle... I did feel so honored, that you would entrust to me, what felt like, in that moment, the most sacred thing in the Kingdom... For a boy a little knowledge, just a quill, a paper, and those endless thoughts that bounced from my head to the paper, it was the most dutiful thing I had done... Do take care in the Skies..."

Baldrum Colborn would read the missive, wiping a single tear as he puts it aside. Taking a deep breath "Finally, they both can rest. A well deserved rest."  Was all he had to say

With a grin across her chubby features, she'd recall the bags of sweets Amadea used to use to bribe her. Maya loved Amadea, moreso then her own sister. 

From lands afar, a pamphlet found its way into the hands of the Viscountess of Greyspine, a dear friend of Amadea of Susa. Weary eyes read over the text, and her hands clenched tightly onto the paper. As Margrait loomed over the balcony of her room, she told her husband, "We missed it. She was meant to outlive me, she told me as much."

And the Viscountess believed it true, the conversations she had with Amadea of her impending death lingering in her memories. A solemn time, but more comforting to her than recent years. "Did she read my letter? She could not have left us, wondering, could she?"

"Mikhail, we should return to Vidaus," Margrait said, clutching her chest as she eased away from the railings. @indiana105

Spoiler

I can't say I've ever had the chance to get to know you or your persona personally, but I couldn't leave this post without saying that this is such a beautifully written farewell to a clearly-beloved character. Congratulations on telling such a rich and meaningful story that meant so much to not just you, but an entire community of people. I wish you all the best! 

@shay

Charles wailed in secrecy for the departure of not just a Queen, but a sister. Despite being absent in his own affairs for most of his life, he shared not just blood, but a bond with his sibling. He recalled the times in their youth, the innocence that was stripped as they grew and the many interactions and visits paid. The drinking, the laughter, meeting he who would latter become King and spouse of Amadea in the Nikirala.

Though to no avail, for they were naught but memories, tales-to-tell another soul. The pain was insufferable, but he was used to the quietness and lack of reaction akin to his upbringing.

"And now I notice it too. Just like I said I would."

A single tear caressed the skin of the Rhenyari, no longer a boy, but a man.

A broken one, fragmented by the passing of his kin.

"Amadea. . ."

745ef50ea35881055a7afdbd9293869d.jpg

A depiction of Queen Amadea and Coraline during their early adolescence

The Recluse, Coraline, sat idly within a cabin, not far from the remains of the late Queen's childhood home.

The disgraced d'Arkent had many regrets in life, but the biggest one was not cherishing her younger sister as much as she should have.

Jarad would remember being shown kindness and respect by the queen, raising a glass within his home he would mutter a small prayer in the hope they would be treated as well in death as they treated others in life.