Been awhile

Keefy

I'm still on hiatus/half-way quit (You know what that means, anyone whose ever quit and come back lol) and I've come to two conclusions and two questions

One. I still like, lotc, in a strange way. Alot of it is garbage, the ooc stuff is garbage, how RP gets us oocly upset is strangely common and weird looking at it after being backed out for almost three months now. 

Two. Server isnt worth what it does to us sometimes. I look at the friends I've made, but I look at the friends I've lost cause I let myself go and let Rp and stuff effect my attitude oocly and man, I was an ******* lol. This server wasn't worth, and isn't worth, losing friends. I don't understand it but eventually I will.

So my questions are.

Looking from outside, in, why do you think that happens? Sometimes I'm not sure what I did. I know sometimes I let myself go and it hurt people, but othertimes I have no idea. And this doesn't include when you realize someone isn't good for you to be around. That happens, and it's a healthy thing to walk away, I know it isn't easy.

And my second question is.

How is everyone doing? I still do quite miss RP'ing with people and I miss chill rp and adventures, and making a story of my personas. I miss doing staff stuff to try and help the server. My health is doing better but there's so much in my life right now I'd be a idiot to come back now. 

So lemme know how you've been! My discord ain't changed and I'm still present in alot of lotc discords as a whole. I miss a whole lot of ya. And I hope the servers gotten better.

-I'm still alive, Keefy

Just now, rukio said:

Crabs in a bucket

God now I want crab for dinner. Heck you.

I'm doing well! I kind of think lotcs problems are a mix of schoolyard politics and the fact competition always bringing out the worse in people. I think the server has (mostly) been better on the last few months but we'll see how it goes. I hope your having fun with life!

I don't know how to answer the questions, but I really hope you're doing better or well, keefy. 

we're better at banning creeps now. there's also fewer sexist/racist edgelords.

you can argue the server has lost a lot of its old dynamic touch, and that far too much is organized on discord in advance such that the server isn't as surprising and cool anymore. I'm still having fun in spite of any of this, however.

Honestly I think it's because we live our characters and the stories we create. We're happy when they are happy, excited when something happens, and feel their pain when something hurts them. It lends a more in depth field to experience these stories, but in turn it effects us and how we feel.

I find the times that really get to me is when something happens that's unfair.... Not in the sense of like a fight you can't win, but when things happen out of your control and somehow it's your fault....when the feelings of ooc and RP blur together. You get angry and hurt because it's unfair....

But even so, you got to work through that and pick yourself back up. Taking a step back definitely helps, it prevents rash decisions and allows tempers to cool. And at the end of the day you have to remember that you're writing a story, and even if you don't like the way it's going you have time to change it and to reach out to the people that will help you along the way. Because there will always be those people, that are happy to write the story with you, and that's the reason it's still fun and it draws you back in.

At least those are my thoughts and how I've taken to it.

5 hours ago, Keefy said:

Looking from outside, in, why do you think that happens? Sometimes I'm not sure what I did. I know sometimes I let myself go and it hurt people, but othertimes I have no idea. And this doesn't include when you realize someone isn't good for you to be around. That happens, and it's a healthy thing to walk away, I know it isn't easy.

People say that 'LotC is just a game don't sweat it' but like any game, the players get upset and angry and happy over what happens. LotC is different in that we simply don't need to - because we can just create a new persona and get going again.

But when you've spent hundreds of hours on the persona, hundreds of dollars on the persona in art, and hundreds of hours oocly chatting with friends about the rp, developing high-quality relationships with others on the server - no one wants to let that all go, and not unreasonably. It's entirely natural and to be expected that people get upset over PK'ing.

But if you get upset over 'oh noo my politics plan didn't work' then you're oocly looking to win, and that isn't RP

5 hours ago, Keefy said:

How is everyone doing? I still do quite miss RP'ing with people and I miss chill rp and adventures, and making a story of my personas. I miss doing staff stuff to try and help the server. My health is doing better but there's so much in my life right now I'd be a idiot to come back now. 

The server is doing well. We've lost activity as Covid came to a close, but with CRP default and the general anti-pvp stance from staff, the quality of RP has increased noticeably. People care more (in my experience, anyways) about the narrative, and less about their ooc goals. Nation politics is more fluid, silly pvp banditing doesn't happen as much, and as we look forwards to the close end of map event, the server is feeling pretty positive.

I've been doing well. I managed to somehow make my way onto ET, and I've had a blast running events and stuff for people.

I'm glad to hear that the health has improved - while we didn't talk much, I think highly of you literally because I recall you accepting my first ghost CA lol. I've come a long way since, and I hope to see you back at some point.

Hope you're doing well.

I'm doing better! Still not enough to come back, I left to remove and reduce stress and things still aren't stable enough for me to safely say I could come back and enjoy things without stressing out 

But things are better. Got way back into DND, got my lungs under control, still working on the rest of my laundry list of issues

Nothing's easy still and some days are very hard but both me and sybbyl are doing our best and enjoying everything we can to keep everything else from weighting us down

They’re in the walls

(I’m doing well and I miss you bro <3)

Glad to see you are doing well man, I also took a hiatus from lotc about 6 months ago though I still do lurk on the forums and on the discord a bit. I do have to say that the quality of my life has improved by a significant margin after I left the server. 

I think that a big issue for who some take the server so seriously at times is well some people see the server as an escape from their personal lives. Some people get emotional about what goes on the server because for them it is their life.  Some people also get very attached to their characters and as such ooc and irp begin to merge into a singular being. 

200.gif
Is basically how I'm doing lately! Both in and out of character. Chill, colourful grove. Hope you and the miss's are doing grand and continue to get better!