WARNING To Adria and Aaun

Boknice275

[!] The following missive is sent throughout the principalities within the Kingdom of Aaun that were nearest to the Duchy of Adria, although it is conceivable that it has spread beyond Aaun’s borders. It contains the following warning.

To the people of Adria and surrounding towns: 

Over the past few Saints Weeks, our Duchy has undergone three separate assaults from an unknown eldritch being. I have personally witnessed and seen these occurrences from many angles. They have led to Adrians being cursed, maimed, and killed by dark forces that manifest as shadows and disembodied voices. The first of these occurrences involved a man who goes by the name Yavonna discussing a tome alongside our Duchy’s many campfires. The tome ended up unleashing a dark horror across Adria which summoned several skeletal apparitions to attack our lands. When Yavonna was decapitated, this dark force somehow pieced his body back together and allowed him to flee.

The second event was more sinister. A shadowy horror, wrapped in tendrils whilst bearing a form of complete darkness, manifested upon Adria and began its assault. This horror attacked us with a combination of tendril strikes and magical blood. In fact, it summoned a circle of blood to protect it and afflict anyone within its radius with terrible maladies. I managed to slay this creature with my flaming Blainbraid, causing it to recede back into the Abyss. During this encounter the creature managed to curse two people, inciting one of them to fight against my fellow defenders, while causing the other to lose consciousness and experience mental torment upon awakening. During the attack, three individuals were taken through the blood unwillingly to the city of Hae’lunor. However, the three returned with word that Yavonna had assisted them, then let them go.

I took one of the victims to the Paladin’s keep to treat her affliction. A pool of accursed blood manifested around us while we were in the Keep and forcibly teleported us to a keep in old Hae’lunor. It was there we met Yavonna, who did all he could to convince us to strike a deal with him. I refused, of course. When we announced our unwillingness to accept his bargain, a mass of shadows jumped towards me and began to crush my body with immense weight. Had the Paladins not arrived in time, I would have likely been lost to the crushing weight of sorcerer’s dark magicks. Shortly after  the paladins arrived a fight broke out between the Warriors of Xan and the dark sorcerer. The combined might of paladins and Druii present were enough to seemingly defeat Yavonna; a chandelier whipped by druidic vines crushed his body, while several stabbing attacks before then riddled him with fatal wounds. However, just like before his master reanimated his body and began speaking through him. At that moment, the evil power controlling him sent its power across the room and blocked all divinely-connected individuals from their patrons, including mine. The paladins, nor I, or the druids, could access their blessings whilst the entity maintained its spell, rendering us virtually powerless against its whims. Eventually it released us, but not before assuring me of one thing:

It will conquer Adria and persist its wretched assaults until this goal is accomplished. This was the promise made to me by the evil power controlling Yavonna, the sorcerer. 

During the most recent attack, it marked three people whose names I shall leave anonymous. The entity called out three names in particular through Yavonna and claimed it would return to collect them, allowing them a temporary “peace.” 

Dear friends, this entity is deadly. I am not sure what nature it belongs to, but I am most certain that it will ruthlessly pursue the people of Adria and the marked until it has claimed them. This entity has shown the ability to: 

Summon minions at will, sometimes entire groups of them.

Nullify deific sorceries with the wave of a hand.

Invade the mind seamlessly and bestow curses upon its victims.

Wield blood as a weapon against descendant-kind to debilitating effects. 

For all of these reasons and more I, as a protector of the Duchy of Adria and a Knight under House Sarkozic, recommend that all Adrians remain indoors and avoid interacting with the man named Yavonna should he return. He is incredibly dangerous. He is a conduit for a powerful entity that has no qualms with attacking your soul. All denizens of the Kingdom of Aaun should remain alert for Yavonna as well. He wears a green robe and a black hat, often walking around with a tome in tow. 

Rest assured, several measures are being taken to address this problem. But most importantly we must all remember one enduring truth: GOD is resolute over all evil, no matter how dark or powerful it seems. The LIGHT of the Seven Skies will burn these shadows to ash and keep the realm of Man intact. As an agent of the Seven Skies, I will ensure GOD's judgment drives this entity away from our lands and all of Almaris, forever. 

GOD bless you all, and may Archangel Michael be your sword and shield. 

Sincerely,

Ser Philip the Righteous

Knight of House Sarkozic

Defender of the realm

Agent of the Seven Skies

Alexei Volkov, Cossack of The Host of Saint Arpad

((OOC: Written by boknice275 and Breadnugget7567))

Edited by Boknice275

Paul brings a white handkerchief to his forehead to wick off the sweat. "This can't be good!" He says.