ydegirl

LITTLE ILLATIA: AMELIA VAROCHE’S DIARY

plz don’t metagame D:

2nd of the Sun’s smile, 1906

To-Do List

• Study Raev
  • Write a Letter back to the Duchess Austina
  • Meet Alia

Lorina was attacked yesterday by some man. He was screaming about poisonous berries. I was so mad I let him have a piece of my mind… I feel bad about yelling at him, Lorina wasn’t too mad about it. I still haven’t met ‘Alia’, I’m starting to think she’s not real. I wish my mother didn’t die, I wish she was still here with us, braiding my hair or teaching Lorina the proper way to be a lady (Lorina’s actually really good at being ‘proper’). I don’t remember much of what she looks like, but I can remember her voice. It was sweet, and lilting– when she was sick it was coarse and almost oily. She was interrupted by coughs between every sentence. I can barely remember her eyes, the shape of her nose, her hair color… Am I a bad daughter? Do I not pay enough attention? If she was here, everything would be so much easier.

There was another attack on Adria just last month. Some wizard-mage-witch crept out of the woods and fell unconscious. Something was in the sky– it’s hard to tell what it was. I can’t remember, really. It flew around in the sky for a while, Jan and a soldier tried killing it… It didn’t really work. But I remember some four beings descended from the sky called out four names. Suzana and Kzenia Sarkozic were called out, I know that for sure. The witch-mage-wizard woke up and they debated killing it. “Don’t kill it! He has answers!” “Kill him! He’s Iblees-spawn!” “Don’t kill him or you’ll kill us all!”.  I think the mage unleashed the spirits in the sky… It was horrifying. I’m worried for the two Sarkozic sisters, I think they’re both under ten. Why would a Demon want two girls under the age of ten? They’ve not committed any sins, they’re too young to truly do anything. I pray they’ll make it out of this alive.

The Duchess Austina wrote me back (I wrote her a letter, asking to be a lady-in-waiting)! If it wasn’t for the looming threat over Adria, I’d be jumping for joy. She recommended we meet for lunch some day, and that I’d be a great candidate to be a lady-in-waiting. I still have to write her back, though. I’m unsure of when I can write her back, however– Adria hasn’t any writing paper (odd) and the only place that does is Old Vienne. I don’t really want to travel through the Witches Woods to get a piece of paper, though. It’s a bit intimidating to do that right now.