[✗] [Lore Addition/Amendment] Water Evocation

exogens

[LORE AMENDMENT/ADDITION] WATER EVOCATION

ADDITION: ICE WEAPONS [C]

"Daggers are lame, let me show you how its really done."

Upon reaching Tier 3, a Water Evocationist can manipulate their mana and ice creating skills from the void to wield melee ice weapons of their choice that would be lighter than the regular weapons made of metals, yet they have the same damage properties, despite having the worst durability possible.

Mechanics:
The Evocationist would be able to manipulate their mana into forging temporary weapons made of Ice. These weapons depend on the Tier the Evocationist is at. The weapons would require two emotes (Connect, Forge, Three if dual weapons or two-handed.)  These weapons can last to over [4] consecutive Emotes before ultimately melting to the void once more. These weapons break on enough impact or force to it, requiring the mage to re-forge them in order to use it again. These weapons work equivalent to a ferrum weapon in terms of damage.

Spoiler

Tier list:
T3: Summon weapons no longer than a dagger.
T4: Summon weapons that are a length of a single handed weapon, such as a short sword, light swords such as katanas, or etc.
T5: Two-handed weapons such as great-swords and Warhammers can be made 

AND Dual weapons can be wielded by the Evocationist, the dual weapons cannot be weapons of two-handed ones. (You cannot hold two Warhammers on one.) (Each require 3 emotes.)

Spoiler

REDLINES:

• The durability of the weapons are upon the weakest, a simple smack with it can ultimately break it.
  • Dropping the weapon on the ground would ultimately make it evaporate into the void. A mage would require to reforge them.
  • The spell is also mana-costly. Keep in mind that upon a certain time, a mage would feel fatigue.
  • The damage, however is equivalent to a ferrum weapon, upon impact with enough force, it would do the same damage as a person would do with a regular weapon (For example stabbing someone with an ice sword would be like stabbing someone with a ferrum sword.)
  • Any changes with the weapons must be aesthetic only and cannot provide additional advantages.
  • Incase of use of sharp weapons, the moment the weapon stabs through someone the weapon would break inside of them and disappear, meaning it cannot be pulled out, however for cuts and swings, the force wouldn't be enough to break it.
  • The weapons can be wielded due to their low density properties, despite mages cannot hold high density weapons, this is more due to the mana manipulation for mages, than the base descendant strength.
  • The weapons cannot be given to others, as upon the mage's hand gets released from it, the weapon will ultimately disappear to the void.

ADDITION: DRY ICE [C]

Should a mage so choose, they may allow their offensive ice spells to temporarily become solid by getting dried out and explode with moderate force. After being cast, the effect of dry ice will fade along with the spell it was used on, having to be recharged again for any use in another spell.

Mechanics:
A water Evocationist can turn their offensive ice spells into solid, dry ice that would be completely free of any moisture, equivalent to the known dry ice.

• Dry Ice only explodes on contact, creating a freezing blast which ultimately freezes/immobilizes (Stuns), slows down, and sometimes even sends people back upon impact. Upon long, constant exposure, frostbite may occur. A single degree of frostbite generally mounting for each emote of exposure. It cannot have any other solid properties, such as sharpness.
  • Dry Ice adds only [1] Tiers worth of mana consumption onto a spell. If the spell is already Tier 5, it does not increase the cost.
  • Dry Ice counts as a Tier 5 spell. Whatever it is added to is thusly equivalent to a Tier 5 spell in reference to requirements of a certain tier of effectiveness. As well, any enchantment including Dry Ice would require a [Tier 5] Grand Enchantment.
  • Dry Ice adds one emote of charge onto an ICE OFFENSIVE spell (Excluding Water Blasts as with Dry Ice it can become a Dry Ice Blast.)

SPECIFIED MECHANICS:

• Water Blast: If made into Dry Ice, it can give a 'blast' radius of 5x5 maximum and upon contact and in range, it can throw back an opponent akin to getting thrown off by a horse. After getting launched, the opponent would be immobilized and stunned for 2 consecutive emotes, unable to do anything due to being frozen, and they would be slowed down on the next emote they start moving again. Incase by any chance they get hit by the same spell, there's a chance they would get frost bitten upon one of their limbs and slowed down till the remainder of the combat scenario.

Spoiler

Redlines:

• If hit by the same spell twice, the limb which was closest to the impact would be frost bitten, amputation must be done ASAP or else the health condition would reach to critical levels.
  • Water Blasts require 2 extra emotes to be formed (5 emotes in total, including the connection). The first one would turn the water blast to regular ice, and the second one is turn the regular ice to a dry one.
  • Regular Ice blasts can be performed, however it would only cause slowness and a blast that would make one launched 5 blocks max.
  • This spell has the mana cost of a T4 Water Evocationist. This is due to its power.
  • Ice Projectiles: If made into dry ice, the first Ice projectile can immobilize and stun a player for one emote, if needed, an extra projectile, as long as an extra emote has been added to each extra projectile, it may immobilize someone for two emotes, and maybe upon 3 projectiles, it would take the effects of the two projectiles + a chance of frostbite if hit on a certain limb.

Spoiler

REDLINES

• Adding more than 3 ice projectiles would not increase any effects, meaning having 4 of 5 projectiles wont do anything except add the default damage of regular ice projectiles
  • In order to frostbite, it must be launched at a limb. 
  • Dry Ice projectiles can pierce through  armor such as leather, chainmail, aurum, and perhaps dented ferrum due to its tougher nature than a regular ice.
  • Ice Spikes: If made into dry ice, it may slow people down if they wish to go through it, and possibly if cut by the spikes. This cannot be used to immobilize nor give the opponent frostbites.

Spoiler

REDLINES:

• This spell cannot immobilize nor give frostbites in any way.
  • This spell can only slow people who are close to the spikes, in terms of distance.

General Dry Ice Redlines:

Spoiler

GENERAL DRY ICE REDLINES:

• Slowing down would make someone's speed halved by two (Walking would be 2 instead of 4, and sprinting 4 instead of 8 blocks maximum, and possibly every emote against them can be easily countered or dodged.
  • Immobilization would mean that the one affected by it cannot move.
  • Dry Ice would cost lots of mana, upon enough times of performing it, the mage would physically feel fatigued.

Reason of creating this post:

Spoiler

The reason why I made these additions and amendments is to make Water Evocation great again. It is currently the least used magic, and possibly the weakest of all Voidal magics. I hope if anything here isn't accepted by the lore, it may be edited upon if needed. Other than that, please let me and my voidal schizo homies make water evocation great again.

It doesn’t make sense for a mage to manifest ice weaponry and somehow maintain focus enough to actually use it in a combat scenario. Further on; the pure factor of sharpening ice to the strength ferrum is something that would require immense amounts of focus and skill, this is why combative evocation is never perfect or pretty, it’s simply too hard to maintain the concentration required while in combat. I appreciate someone taking the time to write something for Hydromancy but I don’t believe this is the amendment it needs. Not to mention; it’s entirely similar to frost witch magic. Even having spells named the same. Again I appreciate the effort and I wish you the best. 

I, for one, think this amendment is a welcomed addition! Hydromancy is incredibly nerfed at the moment, giving very little reason to have it even for utility purposes (housemagery and a bucket of water can arguably cover all of the non-combative uses of water evo).  I might agree that the sword evocation is a bit questionable, but everything else (dry ice, freezing water blasts) are necessary additions to strengthen the magic.

OP, you'll have to explain how the water evocationists can maintain concentration to sustain a voidal blade while fighting. If you can get over that hurdle I think you have a winning project!

+1 for me.

Honestly at this point, I take anything. -Water evocationist. :) +1

Honestly, its an alright idea but i think the way you're doing it is off, Ice is supposed to be learned at T3 and its unclear on if its a T2 or T3 spell, the main text says T2 and the first spoiler says T3, the ice weapon spell breaks that used bump in skill so it becomes more ice evo instead of water evo, bump it up to t3 if you do wish to really implement this. And it can be even clarified that you can pull off ice projectile as such as you're able to shape it later down the line into a dagger for example, and use it that way. 

AND Dual weapons can be wielded by the Evocationist, the dual weapons cannot be weapons of two-handed ones. (You cannot hold two Warhammers on one.) (Each require 3 emotes.)

This part however, even the t4 version of this spell is iffy at best, as much as it would be nice, its redundant. Scions would be the only branch of mage that would get use out of this and its a t5 spell. Mages are weak physically, its the main voidal drawback. Even if its low density what mage in their right mind would get into melee range of someone? they're alot more effective at a range, So im one to agree with @_Leid, great idea and its nice to see someone trying to do something for water evo, but horrible execution due to the nature of voidal magic.

Dry ice though is quite nice yet seems op, only things that I think should be clarified is this  Dry Ice projectiles can pierce through armor  as its quite vague, would it pierce full plate? chain mail? what kind of material would it be able to pierce? as of its current state its so vague its able to just be easily powergamed to the point where it can pierce through things like carbarum plate.

and why would you take one of the few water spells and turn it into an ice spell? water blast is THE beginner spell of water evo outside of just being able to conjure water. its supposed to be one of the weaker spells.

I do not like the first spell, doesnt fit with the lore.

I do like the second spell. However:

6 hours ago, exoo said:

upon long, constant exposure, frostbites might happen (Same effect as charring for blue fire for a Fire Evocationist)

This doesnt make sense. You're comparing 2 unalike things. There is no defined 'charring' effect in fire evocation. Its mention there is as an aesthetic secondary to the degree of burns detailed. Additionally you mention requiring long/constant exposure, something not required to grant the initial burn of blue fire.

Overall I think using fire as a comparison for the damage of ice is frankly silly. You should define the damage your dry ice does in the spell instead of making a comparison to an unrelated magic(overall you did straight up copy the idea of blue fire and reword it for ice, which is fine, but you need to bear in mind that differences exist for reasons too. One is water and ice. One is fire. They dont NEED to be the same effect.)

23 minutes ago, Puglord said:

Honestly, its an alright idea but i think the way you're doing it is off, Ice is supposed to be learned at T3 and its unclear on if its a T2 or T3 spell, the main text says T2 and the first spoiler says T3, the ice weapon spell breaks that used bump in skill so it becomes more ice evo instead of water evo, bump it up to t3 if you do wish to really implement this. And it can be even clarified that you can pull off ice projectile as such as you're able to shape it later down the line into a dagger for example, and use it that way. 

This part however, even the t4 version of this spell is iffy at best, as much as it would be nice, its redundant. Scions would be the only branch of mage that would get use out of this and its a t5 spell. Mages are weak physically, its the main voidal drawback. Even if its low density what mage in their right mind would get into melee range of someone? they're alot more effective at a range, So im one to agree with @_Leid, great idea and its nice to see someone trying to do something for water evo, but horrible execution due to the nature of voidal magic.

Dry ice though is quite nice yet seems op, only things that I think should be clarified is this  Dry Ice projectiles can pierce through armor  as its quite vague, would it pierce full plate? chain mail? what kind of material would it be able to pierce? as of its current state its so vague its able to just be easily powergamed to the point where it can pierce through things like carbarum plate.

and why would you take one of the few water spells and turn it into an ice spell? water blast is THE beginner spell of water evo outside of just being able to conjure water. its supposed to be one of the weaker spells.

Oh, I meant to re-edit it for T3, I forgot to that part, my bad. As for the armor part, I really havent thought about it originally, and thanks for reminding me about it, ive fixed that part too. 

11 minutes ago, BonesOfTheEarth said:

I do not like the first spell, doesnt fit with the lore.

I do like the second spell. However:

This doesnt make sense. You're comparing 2 unalike things. There is no defined 'charring' effect in fire evocation. Its mention there is as an aesthetic secondary to the degree of burns detailed. Additionally you mention requiring long/constant exposure, something not required to grant the initial burn of blue fire.

Overall I think using fire as a comparison for the damage of ice is frankly silly. You should define the damage your dry ice does in the spell instead of making a comparison to an unrelated magic(overall you did straight up copy the idea of blue fire and reword it for ice, which is fine, but you need to bear in mind that differences exist for reasons too. One is water and ice. One is fire. They dont NEED to be the same effect.)

Im glad that you commented that, I tried to compare it to fire, despite it being completely different because the dry ice addition is VERY similar, if not copy pasted from the Combustion spell. Blue fire gives 3rd degrees and even charring effects, so I wanted the dry ice to give a similar damage.

6 hours ago, _Leyd said:

It doesn’t make sense for a mage to manifest ice weaponry and somehow maintain focus enough to actually use it in a combat scenario. Further on; the pure factor of sharpening ice to the strength ferrum is something that would require immense amounts of focus and skill, this is why combative evocation is never perfect or pretty, it’s simply too hard to maintain the concentration required while in combat. I appreciate someone taking the time to write something for Hydromancy but I don’t believe this is the amendment it needs. Not to mention; it’s entirely similar to frost witch magic. Even having spells named the same. Again I appreciate the effort and I wish you the best. 

Just live every comment here, I thank everyone who commented and gave me their true opinions, and I thank you for acknowledging my effort. For the ice weapon I tried to give it a unique touch, despite it being silly like having light durable weapons. If it wasnt clear, I wanted the mage to like concentrate on making the weapons and then they can use it until broken or the emotes by, or dropped. Im honestly quite new to all that lorewriting, so in my free time I to express new ideas here, even if theyre silly. But comments like these do give me great motivation regardless. thank you :)

20 minutes ago, exoo said:

Blue fire gives 3rd degrees and even charring effects, so I wanted the dry ice to give a similar damage.

My point is that you need to explain that in this piece. Don't say "reference fire evo lore to know the damage of this water evocation spell" - that is incredibly poor planning.

Explain the damage of your spell inside of the context of your spell, not by pointing the reader to have to read a different lore piece.

Perhaps nitpicky, and perhaps bias-- my 2 cents.

Dry Ice (irl) is not water. Water Evocation does fall short behind the others of it's archetype but I think we should always strive to have Evocations carry effects befitting the elements they represent. Lore-wise, the player characters study the elements and mimic them through the Void. You'll find Ice does not explode, though perhaps it could shatter.

The addition displays these spells as a hyper compact, extremely cold ice. Playing with temperature is potentially a good route however, considering that Fire Evocation has blue flame which is essentially hotter fire.... It is plausible that Water Evocation could have colder ice/water.

If you are intending to affect movement and cause slowing effects, it should be plainly stated exactly how much slower an inflicted player moves. I.e. if the max movement is 8 blocks, perhaps a spell would halve it. 

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.