THE DISOWNMENT OF ALEJANDRO DE PELEAR

HIGH_FIRE

22 hours ago, Neviah said:

Enigma Bojo-Daesmon frowns at the missive “The gays are slaying. Literally.”

Reveal hidden contents

Local man suspiciously enthusiastic about roleplaying fantasy racism and homophobia, “it’s part of my character” He states, having never played anything other than a homophobic hyspian. More at 11.

Spoiler

While, much like the role of women, I don't think staples of IRL religion contribute a whole lot to LotC, it is a very established custom that homoesexuality is looked down IRP in human communities chiefly due to the teachings of the Canonist Church. It seems a bit unfair to insinuate people are self-inserting homophobia in a setting where it is a dominant custom that many characters would have been raised with. The same reasoning applies to the post - it's not an individual choice of projection so much as it is acting in line with the setting of the server.

Is this setting good? Not necessarily, but that's besides the point. The debate about whether these ancient views should remain prevalent in RP is completely different from whether people are self-inserting, and it's a very unhelpful and slippery slope to go down.

3 minutes ago, Xarkly said:
Spoiler

While, much like the role of women, I don't think staples of IRL religion contribute a whole lot to LotC, it is a very established custom that homoesexuality is looked down IRP in human communities chiefly due to the teachings of the Canonist Church. It seems a bit unfair to insinuate people are self-inserting homophobia in a setting where it is a dominant custom that many characters would have been raised with. The same reasoning applies to the post - it's not an individual choice of projection so much as it is acting in line with the setting of the server.

Is this setting good? Not necessarily, but that's besides the point. The debate about whether these ancient views should remain prevalent in RP is completely different from whether people are self-inserting, and it's a very unhelpful and slippery slope to go down.

Spoiler

Truly, I didn't mean it that way and I think you're entirely correct on this, however, it was just a joke that stemmed off a previous one that was made to me with High Elves. I never said that someone was self-inserting nor thought that was the case. It was just a meme I thought people would (and did) laugh at. Apologies that you took it the way that I was being serious. <3 

Thank you though for stating this, I think it's extremely important to recognize this matter.

11 minutes ago, Neviah said:

Reveal hidden contents

Truly, I didn't mean it that way and I think you're entirely correct on this, however, it was just a joke that stemmed off a previous one that was made to me with High Elves. I never said that someone was self-inserting nor thought that was the case. It was just a meme I thought people would (and did) laugh at. Apologies that you took it the way that I was being serious. <3 

Thank you though for stating this, I think it's extremely important to recognize this matter.

Spoiler

Oh yeah NP, and sorry, I wasn't sure if it was serious or not, but I just thought it might be worth saying since there is for sure a political charge in some of this thread. None of that is a bad thing or anything, just like you said it's important that people aren't blamed for acting logically in the setting. 

9 hours ago, Xarkly said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Humanity wasn't even really against homosexuality, NOR was the church/was there anything about it in the canonist script until a few months ago. Weird lecture and hill OOC bigots in the community chose to die on randomly. Not a fan. 

3 hours ago, rukio said:
  Hide contents

Humanity wasn't even really against homosexuality, NOR was the church/was there anything about it in the canonist script until a few months ago. Weird lecture and hill OOC bigots in the community chose to die on randomly. Not a fan. 

Spoiler

This isn't really true in regard to the Canonist Church. There has been no change in scripture or Canon Law within the last few months or even a year that suggests such a change. I can say that the Canonist Church has held its current stance on homosexuality since at least 2021 but likely before 2019 to some extent as well. Before that is beyond my knowledge. In the Holy Scrolls (written in 2019-2020), there isn't anything that explicitly frowns upon homosexuality. You can have gay feelings, kiss your bros, or whatever. There is no law against being gay. The problem that the Scrolls pose is "laying" outside of holy union (marriage) which is what leads to it being shunned (as well as general ignorance of the Scrolls and people think that the Church just hates gays so they try to copy it for their persona).

The stance of the Church has for as long as I can remember is that marriage can only be between a man and a woman. The Scroll of Virtue, as 'commanded by God (Viros and dib)', writes that they made the love of "the husband and wife" and with no mention of homosexuality anywhere else in the Holy Scrolls it suggests that God had only considered the husband and wife to be a holy union. Since gays cannot enter a holy union with each other, any naughty things they could do to each other are automatically considered sinful.

That being said, the Church historically has not really cared if people had gay characters as long as they weren't really public with it (RP pride posts because people do that for some reason) or had some sort of scandal that kinda revolves around their character being gay like this one (the main point here is the attempted murder and cheating, the gay would just be contextual information). The Church has more things to worry about than someone emoting that a man stares at another man for too long. There are outliers of course, but they're usually the same sorta people trying to bring their OOC beliefs to RP.

Spoiler

Me- Disowns someone for cheating on their fiance with a man and then trying to have her murdered, leaving her for dead.

Everyone- Clearly homohobia!!!!

People are wilding if they can't see past the gay part, yeah it's mentioned but it's pretty obvious that it's not the issue at hand, and the issue is the attempted murder and cheating

5 hours ago, rukio said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Opposition to homosexuality IRP is something I can remember back from when I joined the server, so I don't agree it's a new development in human culture by any means.

Like I said, I don't think it contributes very much to the server, but I've seen people try to make out aspects of this post as homophobic so I think it's really important to distinguish between genuine bigotry and just standards enforced by the IRP setting.

Much like the role of women has undergone a big swing, so too does this have the potential to IRP.

3 hours ago, Xarkly said:

Hide contents

Opposition to homosexuality IRP is something I can remember back from when I joined the server, so I don't agree it's a new development in human culture by any means.

Like I said, I don't think it contributes very much to the server, but I've seen people try to make out aspects of this post as homophobic so I think it's really important to distinguish between genuine bigotry and just standards enforced by the IRP setting.

Much like the role of women has undergone a big swing, so too does this have the potential to IRP.

Spoiler

I know High Fire isn't being homophobic and its silly to argue that IRP actions are (always) based on OOC stances, but objectively in the overall human sphere as long as you weren't out being weird about it, I can't think of any scenario where humanity (When I've been around) REALLY "cared" about homosexuality until the bastard laws post. Though on the other hand, people getting mad OOC over a character being anti-gay is dumb as well. Too much bleed from the modern world to the game- but that's a discussion for a post that isn't just someone being disowned for murder lmao

Spoiler

Joseph tried to have the person he was engaged to, Murdered. He hired an assassin to kill her and the assassin failed. It was an RP plot. Had it been a woman he was cheating with it would have been the same outcome, the RP problem was the cheating and attempted assassination. OOCly no one is mad at anyone, stop trying to stir up drama.  

Spoiler

Leave my boy HIGH_FIRE alone!

Karen GIF by MOODMAN

Paulie S. wrings his hands at the news. Fortunately for him, he wasn't married, and if he was, he probably wouldn't try to kill anyone, and if he did, he would probably succeed, but nevertheless...

15 hours ago, HIGH_FIRE said:
  Hide contents

Me- Disowns someone for cheating on their fiance with a man and then trying to have her murdered, leaving her for dead.

Everyone- Clearly homohobia!!!!

People are wilding if they can't see past the gay part, yeah it's mentioned but it's pretty obvious that it's not the issue at hand, and the issue is the attempted murder and cheating

Spoiler

my brother in christ we are joking LOL we dont actually care

Sigrun Ireheart mods as the contract was signed, and he prepared his raid ladders.

Jan Ivanovich took the missive from one of his men by the campfire, he shook his head in disappointment of the now disowned de Pelear. He said to himself, “if you’re going to kill someone, do it yourself. Instead the man has taken the path of a coward. All I know is that my dear friend Veronica is safe.”