A CALL FOR DEMOTION

beetle

5 minutes ago, kipps said:

It is obivous the Ruthern has no heed for the Faith, no attempts at conversion had been made, no effort or official sanction by His Holiness, only pure realpolitik and opportunism, through which he signifies his lack of piety.

"Attempts at conversion were made and his Holiness gave his blessing, perhaps one ought to educate themselves on the facts before shouting drivel." remarked Arold.

1 hour ago, 1_Language_1 said:

An old Ruthern awkwardly sinks in his chair, starting to wonder if maybe he shouldn't have tried so hard to regain his lost memories.

"Well, fudge.." He said, not wanting to curse. "I should have tried staying as Levi." The old man grumbled uncomfortably in his small house.

((I hate posting on mobile. I can't format properly.))

His daughter awkwardly adjusts the collar of her dress, as if it would help her simply disappear and not be a Ruthern anymore.

Audo Weiss shifted his gaze down over the missive as he sifted through the information. He lingered on those who had signed before taking even more careful note of who had issued the piece. With an indignant chuff, he tore the paper clean down the middle and tossed the shreds to the trash.

5 hours ago, Javert said:

The Viceroy of Hyspia laughs in his bed as the missive is published, going to pull out a cigar despite the protests of his House Hand "Now you'll think twice before not taking my offer for a Cigar!"

Reveal hidden contents

I'm on my phone, ill post the funny picture later

The Vicreine would be in the back round trying to fan the cigar smoke out of the room

The Princess of Norland gives a wicked thumbs up to Ada's based post

Edyth just wants her nation to be left alone tbh

1 hour ago, kipps said:

Leopold of Salvus mused upon the letter, he rocked back and forth in his chair as the fireplace is lit by the Salvian maid. He'd put his coffee down on the little table in front of the chair , he'd turn to his fellows of the Royal Salvian Academy. 

"The perfidious Ruthern, an interesting volk. Verily, nothing is holy to them. The Faith in Gott through our Mother Church, only a tool to justify war against a peaceful and recluse pagan kingdom. When the Ruthern doesn't get his way, he throws a tantrum, in typical fashion for his kind, and points towards just Barclay "But Venerable Georg conquered Sutican pagans, why can't we!", completely missing the point that Venerable Georg, as an existing vassal to the Venerable Corwin von und zu Alstreim and his Holy son Ottomar, reconquered Sutica for Canonicate society after Alstreim's failure to peacefully convert the Sutican. It is obivous the Ruthern has no heed for the Faith, no attempts at conversion had been made, no effort or official sanction by His Holiness, only pure realpolitik and opportunism, through which he signifies his lack of piety.

The Ruthern cares not for King either, to my knowledge no sanction was given, his abuse of the feudal contract with his liege lord would pull His Majesty into a war he himself never wanted. The Ruthern will say: "But Haensemen intervened in Sutica!". Yes indeed, Haeseni soldiers were a driving force in the reconquest of Sutica, yet this was explicitly allowed by the King. His rule and superiority was not subverted in any way by the righteous cause to canonize Sutica.

His manipulative tongue and deceitful smile, his frail passive-aggresiveness has, as evidenced by this letter, brought upon disgust of all sensible Lords of the Realm. Dreading that they share rank with men that hold neither Gott or King in high regard. A pale reflection of the Waldenian Sutican cause, which had the respect and consent of both. To this he is doomed, playing eternal catch-up with the bringer of civilization, the builder of nation and state, the maintainer of Church and Gott's dominion. It is an establishment in the modern form of the ancient spirit of his kind: man without tradition, that in its social mysticism, in the predominance of pathos over ethos, of instinctivity over rationality.

This is his plight."

"I would not spare a single florin for all the greatest outlander minds; I could not afford a single Salvian intellectual with all the florins in the Citadel," Sir Daris Verethi cited the works of Blessed Laura to his crewmates upon reading the transcript of Fr. Leopold's lecture.

A delinquent of growing infamy kicks up both her feet onto the table, snatching the missive from one of her compatriot's hands. Iskra promptly returns it, that they might read it aloud for her.

Raucous, absolutely delighted howls of laughter escape her shaking form soon after, ruddying her features. 

With no political opinions or any true thoughts, the bastard warrior of Jerovitz knew only one thing: the herd must be protected.

16 minutes ago, erictafoya said:

With no political opinions or any true thoughts, the bastard warrior of Jerovitz knew only one thing: the herd must be protected.

The Dryad of Jerovitz, having long since lost her wits and, quite literally, the Kortrevich blood which ran from her veins to her now-dutiful son's, sways with pride.

9 hours ago, Herod said:

“Many years ago, none of these houses objected when the Barclays fought a war on their own to claim some southron throne down in Sutica and now they whine when a religious war is called?” Asked the Bastard of Druzstra to his cousin, the Grand Inquisitor.

@Proddy

Dietrich, a long descendant of King Georg lazily turns towards Leon. "They say that King Georg wanted nothing with the House Barclay of Hanseti-Ruska, and was born and bred in Sutica. Besides, his conquest was not to claim some southern throne for House Barclay, but a support of House Alstreim in claiming their older holdings. His line was the Freimarkish branch of Savoy, and Saint Tylos, instead of having anything to do with Hanseti-Ruska. Even yet, when King Georg carried out with his private conquest, supplanted my no Haeseni men, and only mercenaries, the Houses of Ruthern and Baruch pouted and ranted and raved. I bet they will act like they did not object, yet they have objected. Why shouldn't Reinmar do the same? Why do these Rutherns pretend like we were the same House, when they also had unrelated Orenian branches just like us?"

@Herod

THE BLACK STAR OF WALDENIA HANGS ABOVE HANSETI-RUSKA.

The Count of Kortrevich, Matviy Artem Rahoul,  took the crown of flowers gifted by his son, Fabian ( @critter ) allowing the young blond to place ot upon his head. “Spathiba, mea boy!” He grinned brightly, ruffling his locks with a gloved hand. “Vy make eam pwoud.” 

"Wicked and Ignoble!!! Treacherous and Dishonourable!" The proud knight of Minitz would proclaim

Rohir would read the missive in his house, letting out a deep sigh he'd place it down, brow furrowing slightly as he'd mutter "Looks like trouble in the Northlands...not good for anyone, especially in dark times such as these..." he'd take a sip of stout as he'd think a moment, scratching his chin "I suppose it can only be hoped that it is settled quickly and without bloodshed, and that justice prevails, not selfish lords who seek naught land and power." he'd say with a final shake of his head before going back to his other business.