RETURN OF A LONE BROTHER

ItemVendor

RETURN OF A LONE BROTHER

tW48m0vpxX70vPsPsOMuKSwMnXs-brh2PztUhn4qKm89ksQvhuvbvaeRyH7Zfl1TDZNyeFfG6Ngz-zFuYDEWmsePSPhtc0r_t9V7QzfQL-0Nv2An9Zc_KtPIV3usvtNkn6A30NIxrJk8yH-iQhGJxTWQfX9sX2OM4Uxkxi0nmAtTKTmOfoqBvb4-7R8M2g

5th of The Deep Cold, 1907

It is with great sadness that I, Prince Loran von Draco - upon returning to my homeland following our search for ancient relics, report the death of my dearest brother, Lord Donny von Draco. During our voyage, we stumbled across the cave believed to contain the artifacts we searched for. Unbeknown to us, the cave had been a lair of sorts for creatures of darkspawn origin. We fought valiantly, and yet, Donny was unable to reach the exit. His heart impaled by the opposing creatures, torn and crushed right within his own skin. A shame he died to the same evil which he invested so much of his life to destroy. His death is the result of the ambition which resides in all Dracos - fragments of our father. In his name I carried out the journey in full and brought back with me both the relic and his corpse.

Lord of Crestwatch title will be handed down to his daughter, Grania von Draco - as per my judgment, thus dubbing her Lady Grania von Draco.

He was a loving father of four children, my most loyal soldier and an even better brother. House von Draco mourns deeply his death, and we ask that his children fall into your prayers. Having their mother abandon them at a young age, and now following the death of their only parent - only GOD can help them overcome such an unfortunate turn of events.

May he rest in peace.

EK6xPQTfWbePj4PmyJpM_tvZbVfarScUt3GKdqrgqHP7PDbTFbyExkg-u7QC_0qJWfxZvEE-QxGX5d5XlG7-r_WWRRxpWmR6BjS4iUJEGP2nAzVFSOLqMSjCBVBEqaqIU4okCZNfbCmJokw7WzheyQ8Txt0BDcAH7BNnbfL9abNtZwnG0RWyVtpHAH2nFA

Lord Donny von Draco
(1864-1907)

SIGNED,

HIS HIGHNESS, Loran von Draco, Prince of Mardale, Marcher Lord of Eichenwalde.

The aging Sofya von Draco secluded herself within her chambers, where she would stay for days to come; her brief regency thus ending with the loss of her beloved son. 

Cassius welcomes his brother back, though his happiness at the return of their ship falters when only one of his brothers steps off the ship... "And without a chance to say goodbye... I'll miss you, Donny."

Darius von Draco plucks his mustache and hangs his head downwards, deep with regret.

Caelan fell to his knee upon learning such news, for what he expected to be a joyful reunion has turned into something sour. He quickly got himself back up as he greeted his uncle with a handshake before he stood next towards Cassius. "Uncle, why does this happen to us. If only I had spent more time with him."

"Farewell." Uttered the Savoyard. "Unfortunate that the Prince's protector would die so unceremoniously"

A certain maddened creature indwelt with the spark of fire laughed alone in its deep stygian chambers, the thing built from stone and indwelt with a heart that beat like blazing fire, clawed and slashed at the walls, drawing, painting with its brittle embers deciding and thinking of what many do not. The creature laughed in its egotistical pride, its wretched laughter wrought of such splendor all to the witness of its forlorn mind. - Deep and sad Deep and mad, it remained on its path the golden path it then uttered a blessing as it got word of the passing of Donny Von Draco. 

"No Distractions." 

Oh sung the dutiful son.

A certain Ilya Oakheart would raise his eyebrows ever so slightly as he took a look at the missive "Well ea know of someone who'll niet be sad about this one" he commented with a slight shrug before frowning a little  "Though ea do wish we could've put an end to our differences before this happened.." he would add, sighing somewhat before continuing with whatever he was doing at the time.

Locked in a high stone tower, the heir apparent of a dead bloodline mourns alone. Her respect for the von Draco had come like a flower on a tree. A bud, gently forming — and now, an undying blossom; his sacrifice would not be forgotten, nor would it be in vain.

Grania Von Draco gripped the missive firmly as her hands seemed to offer a slight tremble upon reading the somber news of her father's passing. With a glossed gaze she'd place the missive in her lap whilst she remained in shallow silence, having nothing to offer which was a rare circumstance, one even her father would take notice of had he still been alive. 

"A remarkably uninteresting death," observed one Manon Yvaine, as she scanned over the missive, "for a man of his character. You'd think he'd go out with a bit more.. panache."

The convenience of the Von Draco's passing was not lost upon the Ad-Sharlat. 

Once the news found her, such heavy silence followed in its wake. Aoife would not yet manage a tear, not a sob, not yet. Instead she sat, overwhelmed by the thought of life without her oldest friend. Lost in the words he spoke so many times, words she echoed knowing full well she would not manage them today. "Smile when it hurts most."

Returning home from another successful loggin trip in her en-cumbersome suit of armor, it had been many years since Zemzy Oakheart had first worn its plating to protect herself from being recognized on her business runs across Almaris to restock their carpenter's shop. She hated how hot it would become from swingin her axe so much so useless metal draggin it down, but it was worth it to stay safe.

Zemzy set her spruce logs down beside the door before takin her helm off & greetin her 2 young saplings with a warm smile. Lookin up to see Ilya Oakheart there as well, she gave a soft smile to him as well as she'd scoop up the youngest to carry over to Ilya as a curious glance over to him had piqued her interest. In his hands was a piece of parchment, rolled up in scroll-form that had been drawn open to read.

"Whatcha got there, hun? Junkmail while I was gone?" Zemzy asked half-jokingly as she wouldn't be surprised if the accusation was right, "Maybe somethin Ahern sent?"

Seeing Ilya turn to show her the news of Donny did her heart skip a beat- Was it true? She had been paranoid for so many years & still kept the decanter of his blood tucked away from prying eyes that her llir had sent her of Donny's death before in Celi'anor. But this looked official as it was written & announced across the lands. The lumberjack couldn't help but smile as it felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders, & it wasn't the kids nor wood's doing this time.