On The Plight of The Peerage

Demavend

Branimar signed the document proudly and began fixing the gifts that will be presented at the coronation of King Georg I.

"Harsh words from the Herzen." Felix said, looking to his own signature on the missive. 

He pondered why all of the noble houses did not even think to inform House Weiss of this scheme, even if he was left the odd one out. He was given no time to respond to this incident and left in the dark by people he thought were his friends.

"But to keep secrets, especially ones like this is niet  the act of a friend. Herzen Ruthern treated my family with great respect, and such he is given my recognition." He said firmly as he looked to his sons. "We now know who our real friends are. Remember that.

"They simply love to hate us." Analiesa uttered to her daughter and heiress, Elizaveta. "The weak shall always fear the strong."

@Eryane

"The lackluster nobles who signed the grievance against House Ruthern were clearly using it as a distraction for the just demotions that come for them following the Audit. Clearly they will use their own letter to claim the Lord Peer demoted them over that instead of their houses laziness and pagan sympathies." remarked Arold, a loyal bannerman of House Ruthern.

Edited by ReveredOwl

Amity squinted her eyes at the missive as her family was mentioned, turning to her husband. "This really has nothing to do with us being in relation with Norland, I've never even been to Norland. This is about unneeded violence that is a waste of our men." She'd comment disdainfully. "Idiotas the lot of them.."

[OOC] Our men as in citizens of Haense.. Last I checked Rutherns were citizens so pff

Edited by Kitomine

4 minutes ago, Kitomine said:

Amity squinted her eyes at the missive as her family was mentioned, turning to her husband. "This really has nothing to do with us being in relation with Norland, I've never even been to Norland. This is about unneeded violence that is a waste of our men." She'd comment disdainfully. "Idiotas the lot of them.."

"I don't think you read the first missive published by House Ruthern, but it was the forces of House Ruthern alone, not the entirety of Haense." said Arold. "Who's the idiot now?"

Edited by ReveredOwl

Wilfriche 'Willy' Sigismund smiled. :3

12 minutes ago, Demavend said:

In regard to the Hyspian’s involvement I must admit to being surprised, for I have always thought the Lord de Pelear to be a man of honour. Though, I know well they maintain some inexplicable friendships in the North. Let it be known that I hold no ill will, and remind the Lord de Pelear that it was mine own appeals in the Duma as a youth that even saw them be allowed to sit upon it, and enjoy proper involvement in Haeseni affairs.

Francisco furrows his brows as he chuckles "Very perculiar... friendships with those executed our old leader..." he shakes his head as he puts the missive away "Grasping at straws..."

A scholar read over both missives on the subject, with roughly equal apathy. "Nobles," She mused, "are all the same. They act as if they're polar opposites from one another, but at the end of the day... mmh." The papers were tossed aside, and the scholar returned to her work.

2 minutes ago, Kitomine said:

Wolfgang de Vilain wondered what the Hyspian meant by 'our men' as he thought this was only a Ruthern war.

"Ah think we're goin' tae need more chickens tae sacrifice, Raisin"

commented Taillte to her elder, Duchess sister, Roslin Baruch.

@kaylaa

"Should just let them get on with it. They can sit on their backsides if they so wish."  Dmitry picked at his teeth, flicking it away.