On The Plight of The Peerage

Demavend

Baldrum Colborn chuckles "Ah, a response of hearsay and badmouthing houses, instead of engaging with the very legitimate points. Quite odd that a vassal of the Crown seeks to war Norland as if they are their own independent nation."  he said with a shrug, continuing to oath new initiates of the BSK, like a good soldier

Stefan af Don, a man in the employ of His Grace, slept well this night. While the cravens had written many words, they had few blades and not a man to raise them. 

Lorena Gant watched in awe as her father and the Duke Vidaus spoke. 

17 minutes ago, SethWolf said:

"Harsh words from the Herzen." Felix said, looking to his own signature on the missive. 

He pondered why all of the noble houses did not even think to inform House Weiss of this scheme, even if he was left the odd one out. He was given no time to respond to this incident and left in the dark by people he thought were his friends.

"But to keep secrets, especially ones like this is niet  the act of a friend. Herzen Ruthern treated my family with great respect, and such he is given my recognition." He said firmly as he looked to his sons. "We now know who our real friends are. Remember that.

Audo Weiss had his arms folded as he listened - a simmering ember to his gaze. In one hand he loosely held the Ruthern's missive, a text he'd found a suprisingly satifying read. However, his lips cracked a cold smile at his father's words. Such an insult was spat upon their name by their own would-be friends; this was a fitting response. "Da, papej. Ea'll remember that."

Borris Iver Kortrevich who had long watched the turmoil of Haense from the outskits, the long growing tensions between the peoples and houses of Haense. "Everyone is stupid as of late. Insults and false arguments spewing every which way- It serves no purpose... Ruthern as of late has done nothing but antagonize and superimpose- perhaps other nobility is diminished to the point it should be struck down, but it matters not. The waters of Haeseni Nobility is sick, poisoned by greed and malice. False crusaders and abandoned stations the lot of them... A divergance of what is good and just. Godan save us."

Alexander read over the missive, chuckling a bit. "His Eminence, Teodosio- claimed it was fabricated rumour that the Pontiff had given the go ahead for this raid to occur. It wouldn't surprise me, to be frank." He offered, leaving the paper on his desk as he left the office.

After his long day of exercise and fitness, Atilan Bishop would return to Ostervik. He moved to his daughter’s crib and he would gently take the crying babe and cradle her in his arms. As she gently lulled to sleep, Atilan would move to his office still holding the child in his arms. The newly appointed jovenaar would open a book on law, gently reading it out loud hoping that the boringness of the subject might lure his daughter to sleep. As he did so, a servant would knock and the Bishop would say “Come in”. The servant would hand him the missive. The Bishop would read the letter his brows furrowing and his face growing in rage as he did so. After reading a viable sudden calmness could be seen, as the Bishop calmly laid the missive down and went to grab at the law book and then after appearing calm. Atilan would just yeet the book all the way across the room, which would create a loud thud. This would make the daughter in his arms cry. And Atilan would scream out “Sheizze”. The crying of the baby and Atilan’s curse would awaken Isabel and she would rush into the room. “Mein love, is everything alright?”. While holding the missive into the air and slamming it down on the table so that she could take it, the Waldenian would respond with “Nein! Zhese Rutherns have zhe audacity to say mein cousin Aurik and his 8 year old son haven’t been contributing to Haense. Vhat on the… so vhat mein family doesn’t make big grandiose statements in the courts that we are doing some contributions!!! Just because we don’t make our contributions public does not mean zhe Koeng doesn’t know vhat mein family brings und has contributed to Haense… und Zhen he has the audacity to suggest that I lead the family, just because I have to be the poor lad who has to go to courts and deal vith men like him my family doesn’t do enough!!!”. Isabel would simple open her arms and take the crying daughter from him and would proceed to read the missive. 

The eldest Godunov daughter was read the missive by her Raevir nanny the morning after the missive was produced. Her father had said she must overhear the kingdom's latest news, even if she may not understand so yet - it 'builds' character. It was only when it came to the signatories did she comment. "Mea papej...?" Alyona swivelled around, her mouth forming a small 'o'. The nanny nodded her head, holding the paper close to her chest. "Mea papej is always working... to make the kongzem better." She told herself with a smug smile forming on her ruddy face. "Ea must go and see Malcolm and Lorena soon."

1 hour ago, Demavend said:

That such families of long standing nobility can in good conscience accuse myself and The House of Ruthern of what is tantamount to High Treason, one of the few remaining noble houses who maintain any active interest in the betterment of the realm is truly staggering. As written by the late Palatine Johanna Barclay on the expectations of Ducal vassals that ‘They act independently and succinctly for the Kingdom, not needing to be told to take action.’

"Right, however, the Kingdom of Haense does not devolve foreign policy to its vassals, and it's not clear how an invasion of a long-time ally and recent tributary without a Royal Sanction constitutes a betterment of the Realm. Had the King given his seal of approval first, there'd be no cause for controversy here.

As it stands, the Crown will surely need to clarify the limits of this apparent ability for vassals to act with an independent character as to foreign affairs."

certain Lechian man scoffed when news of the missive had reached Aaun. “This reads like the last petulant lashing-out of a cornered animal, nothing more. The lords of Haense would be fools to take this to heart.”

The young Carolus Colborn read the missive in response to the one recently released "This just seems like a dying captain refusing to go down with his ship alone. I wonder if there were tears on the original missive before they had it copied and sent out." The boy rubbed the bridge of his nose "House Colborn doing nothing, hm? Strange. I've read of my kin's efforts before my birth, and yet rarely any of Ruthern besides holding seats and thinking highly of themselves."

The Lord Marshal cackled somewhere from within the confines of the barracks skimming through the missive shrugging. "Politics that, politics this. What a mess.

"I wanted a story about Haense! Not a story about Oren." Complained a certain young Princeling. Upon hearing that the story was in fact of Haense's current happenings, he blinked. "Oh"

11 hours ago, PerfectlyPeachy said:

"They simply love to hate us." Analiesa uttered to her daughter and heiress, Elizaveta. "The weak shall always fear the strong."

@Eryane

Closely did Elizaveta listen to the words of her mother, even if she was quite young. All of this she took in for her future, and for what was to come for the House of Ruthern. "The weak shall always fear the strong," she repeated under her breath. 

Edited by Eryane