[Translocation Amendment] - Void Pocket

E__V__O

Voidal Translocation Amendment - Void Pocket

Preface

Recently upon evaluating current lore for translocation, I believe one part of the magic has been neglected to be updated from its prior nerf. As it currently stands void pocket is explained in simple terms below:

Connection -> Create Anchor and focus on the desired object impending / x amount of scale emotes -> Deconstruct/Reconstruct.

Though with the simple explanation comes with another specifying what x is, 

Deconstructing/Reconstructing an item with over the size of a handheld object requires the caster to add an additional emote to double the potential size, with a maximum of four cubic meters to be stored. Storing a beachball sized object requires 2 additional emotes, a cubic meter requiring three, 2 cubic meters requiring four and 4 cubic meters requiring five.

Looking over the steps to reconstruct/deconstruct, if you want to reconstruct an item one block in size - for example a chair. You have to spend 5 full emotes to summon it if it fits within a 'one cubic meter'.

For an example of an image, five emotes from connection you summon: 

wJRkSbW.png

If you want the chair to have a full back (door block/banner), this will count as two cubic meters as it takes a secondary block requiring seven emotes in total from connection.

bVcqdzL.png

I do not believe with the current iteration of void-pocket many have looked into the specifics to which my amendment comes in.

My ammendment will come in two parts to decrease the emote count required and as well as increasing the overal item you can store in a void pocket, as that chair two cubic meters is the peak.

Amendment

1)

Old

Deconstructing/Reconstructing an item with over the size of a handheld object requires the caster to add an additional emote to double the potential size, with a maximum of four cubic meters to be stored. Storing a beachball sized object requires 2 additional emotes, a cubic meter requiring three, 2 cubic meters requiring four and 4 cubic meters requiring five.

New

Deconstructing/Reconstructing an item with over the size of a one cubic meter from T3, requires an additional emote to conjure for T4, or two additional emotes for T5. The more space conjured the more exhaustion one takes. For every additional cubic meter taken past the first, it removes a deconstruction/reconstruction counter from your maximum amount. For example, summoning a chair which takes two cubic meters, will put you two deconstruction/reconstruction down instead of one.

2)

Old

T1: Max Size of a handheld object, Max 5 deconstruction/reconstructions before exhaustion.

T2: Max Size of a beach ball, Max 6 deconstruction/reconstructions before exhaustion.

T3: Max Size of 1 cubic meter, Max 8 deconstruction/reconstructions before exhaustion.

T4: Max Size of 2 cubic meters, Max 10 deconstruction/reconstructions before exhaustion.

T5: Max Size of 4 cubic meters, Max 12 deconstruction/reconstructions before exhaustion.

New

T1: Max Size of a handheld object, Max 5 deconstruction/reconstructions before exhaustion.

T2: Max Size of a beach ball, Max 6 deconstruction/reconstructions before exhaustion.

T3: Max Size of 1 cubic meter, Max 8 deconstruction/reconstructions before exhaustion.

T4: Max Size of 2³ cubic meters, Max 10 deconstruction/reconstructions before exhaustion.

T5: Max Size of 3³ cubic meters, Max 12 deconstruction/reconstructions before exhaustion.

Reasoning

The reasoning behind the amendment outside of the preface would offer more balance and opportunity to see void-pocket utilized more in a fashion of roleplay while offering a nice counter balance and larger items to be stored. For example, a T5 transfigurationist will within five emotes (Including connection), can deconstruct/reconstruct small furniture based items. With full utitlization the space taken from the image below is, 8 cubic meters total. Which takes 8 exhaustion ticks in total, so you may deconstruct or reconstruct the item, until recovery.

BZDWR4o.png

I believe this offers a steady update and offers balance to translocation - void pocket, without putting the magic over-the-edge with spell use as it'll utilize more exhaustion counters. 

The realization of T5 having access to 27 blocks, which would require more exhaustion counters that a singular mage has access to at a given time, would require circling to get to that amount. Which can be done outside of events, or within an obelisk+ that reduces your exhaustion lost by half, getting you closer to that number.

Voidal mages may find Obelisks to act as a sort of Battery, allowing themselves to siphon mana into their reserves, though by no means replenishing it - adding a fortification, or resilience, to their manapool while casting- exhausting themselves at a twice-slower pace.

This makes sense to me and is a much needed addition. +1

Better Buff Translocation. +1
(I helped with this as a translocation hater)

7 minutes ago, Lord_of_losers said:

have you considered no

I did,

image.png.c4b09abb3ab23a1f1961cf52e4f6da01.png

image.png.7f269a2247d893c4bbe5286024c07c13.png

They said they'll powergame!

Cool me like

9 hours ago, E__V__O said:

New

Deconstructing/Reconstructing an item with over the size of a one cubic meter from T3, requires an additional emote to conjure for T4, or two additional emotes for T5. The more space conjured the more exhaustion one takes. For every additional cubic meter taken past the first, it removes a deconstruction/reconstruction counter from your maximum amount. For example, summoning a chair which takes two cubic meters, will put you two deconstruction/reconstruction down instead of one.

This was difficult to understand and can be phrased better. You should just say that anything from 2-8 cubic meters requires +1 scale emote, and anything from 9-27 cubic meters requires +2 scale emotes- and then that anything over one cubic meter consumes a deconstruction/reconstruction counter per cubic meter above 1.

9 hours ago, E__V__O said:

New

T4: Max Size of 2³ cubic meters, Max 10 deconstruction/reconstructions before exhaustion.

T5: Max Size of 3³ cubic meters, Max 12 deconstruction/reconstructions before exhaustion.

You should just use 8 and 27 instead of 2³ and 3³.

Translocation keeps getting mad buffs for no reason in the teleportation bit but I'd like the expatriation bit to get some more love instead

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. Thank you for your submission. Moving to correct subforum to prevent redundancy and clutter.