[✗] Siliti Amendment- Ethereal Metabolism

lemonke

57 minutes ago, Lhindir_ said:

If it dosnt work ic due to community why try to circumvent it. Lol.

Because it isn’t working as intended and I'm not removing or loopholing it. The purpose is to make the CD less annoying and with the suggestion given above, I'm basically changing one high CD and that's it. Everything remains the same(Im talking IF it would be accepted). You should know what a real loophole/circumvent is. 

If I want to do such a thing, I would have written as if I wanted to remove things or the whole concept.

13 minutes ago, lemonke said:

Because it isn’t working as intended and I'm not removing or loopholingb it. The purpose is to make the CD less annoying and with the suggestion given above, I'm basically changing one high CD and that's it. Everything remains the same(Im talking IF it would be accepted). You should know what a real loophole is. 

This would also just be an immense buff to siliti. Unnecessary shade but pop off ig. By removing the very lengthy cooldowns , the result would be a lack of caution towards certain situations since the penalty of death is just no longer as relevant. The weakness to fire is also inbuilt by Malghourn (dragon who breathes fire) and meant to be extremely severe to keep his servants in line, to my knowledge.

this really just feel like it encourages non-consequence upon death

regardless of how strong or weak a CA is, a CA that is immortal should not be given, in its most basic form, a cooldown that they could effectively ignore by taking a small break or logging off for the night

this doesn't actually solve the issue of there not being any character development with either. but I mean like... why would there be? you died, you lost, there's not really a way to write that without literally circumventing revival mechanics and allowing silit to remember the details of their death

the current revival mechanics should be the standard for all immortal CAs imo

3 hours ago, Lhindir_ said:

This would also just be an immense buff to siliti. Unnecessary shade but pop off ig. By removing the very lengthy cooldowns , the result would be a lack of caution towards certain situations since the penalty of death is just no longer as relevant. The weakness to fire is also inbuilt by Malghourn and meant to be extremely severe, to my knowledge.

Yes, they need a buff and this is would be the best way to approach it( i Edited  this part  to remark for now, I plan  like I said in the other comments to do more with zar and co) for now. Please read the CDs, if the second one goes through- only one would be changed and one ooc month regardless of the lore excuse used is too much. One ooc week, however, is a better middle ground and would be similar to a CD of stronger CAs endgames such as WIGHTS etc... it's one year in character, anyways.

If you think changing one number of an already overbalanced CA is a huge buff, then I don't know what to say.

3 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

this really just feel like it encourages non-consequence upon death

regardless of how strong or weak a CA is, a CA that is effectively immortal should not be given, in its most basic form, a cooldown that they could effectively ignore by taking a small break or logging off for the night

this doesn't actually solve the issue of there not being any character development with either. but I mean like... why would there be? you died, you lost, there's not really a way to write that without literally circumventing revival mechanics and allowing silit to remember the details of their death

the current revival mechanics should be the standard for all immortal CAs imo

This is not a siliti problem but how things are written here. I'm not writting something to resolve a huge issue and I don't know if waiting one month promotes anything especially if you die by a stupid death.

I changed one number with the second suggestion and one week is usually the time stamp of such CAs. I do think you might be overthinking it Jade.

11 minutes ago, lemonke said:

Yes, they need a buff and this is would be the best way to approach it for now. Please read the CDs, if the second one goes through- only one would be changed and one ooc month regardless of the lore excuse used is too much. One ooc week, however, is a better middle ground and would be similar to a CD of stronger CAs endgames such as WIGHTS etc... it's one year in character, anyways.

If you think changing one number of an already overbalanced CA is a huge buff, then I don't know what to say.

Changing one number is a huge buff, I don’t see how you don’t see that. If the consequences for fighting a fire based creature/player is one week instead of four, there is no longer any genuine reason to avoid it. This further invalidates the ritual, which you could fix instead, or alternately take steps to make it useable irp. Necromancers for instance pk and have to be revived by other players on death, along with frost witches and I believe..? One or two more ca’s/ma’s. This promotes people taking irp action in order to deal with this consequence (making more necromancers, witches, ext ).

16 minutes ago, Lhindir_ said:

Changing one number is a huge buff, I don’t see how you don’t see that. If the consequences for fighting a fire based creature/player is one week instead of four, there is no longer any genuine reason to avoid it. This further invalidates the ritual, which you could fix instead, or alternately take steps to make it useable irp. Necromancers for instance pk and have to be revived by other players on death, along with frost witches and I believe..? One or two more ca’s/ma’s. This promotes people taking irp action in order to deal with this consequence (making more necromancers, witches, ext ).

I don't believe there are only creatures and stuff with fire abilities+ the other deaths mentioned, I gave small examples of situation which would lead to that and often is not you who make a stupid move but people forcing you their narrative through other means. Again, one number is not a huge deal, otherwise someone ought to fix all CaS without rituals or such things that are more of a problem in fights etc...

How necromancers do is comfortable and in reality that's the one which is most "lazy"(For the record, I prefer that one tbh. I dont mean to say anything bad with lazy) and if someone would sense the death of a fellow Siliti and simply do one man or two  men etc

.. ritual after 30 min/their death, what's the point of the cds lol? It is basically the same thing put in a different way. I wrote a fix on what I thought was right, in my opinion. Whether it gets accepted or denied, we shall see. It's not my job but if the one number is "denied" I might try to write something to fix the ritual itself. Feel free do it yourself, if you think that's the thing that should be approached asap.

36 minutes ago, lemonke said:

if you die by a stupid death

if a silit "dies a supid death" that's either their fault for being irresponsible RPly, or they need to actually report the situation to mods or LT if it was OOC levels of stupid

36 minutes ago, lemonke said:

Yes, they need a buff and this is would be the best way to approach it for now.

and no not really. i'm not a silit player but i feel like this can be stated across the board for all CAs and magics, that if you want to actually improve it and make it what its worth, focus on the actual mechanics that make it bad. focus on the things that actually hinder the community and roleplay. i cant express enough how off the mark this is with just lowering revival cooldowns and calling it "a needed buff" and then using the fact that it's a weak CA to justify it, and furthermore for a CA where it makes sense in their lore that being burnt at the stake would grant a 1 month OOC cooldown. what you want and what you wrote have almost no correlation

what is this actually doing to make it stronger? how does this improve silit rp? how does it influence character development?

13 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

if a silit "dies a supid death" that's either 100% their fault for being irresponsible RPly, or they need to actually report the situation to mods or LT if it was OOC levels of stupid

and no not really. i'm not a silit player but i feel like this can be stated across the board for all CAs and magics, that if you want to actually improve it and make it what its worth, focus on the actual mechanics that make it bad. focus on the things that actually hinder the community and roleplay. i cant express enough how off the mark this is with just lowering revival cooldowns and calling it "a needed buff" and then using the fact that it's a weak CA to justify it, and furthermore for a CA where it makes sense in their lore that being burnt at the stake would grant a 1 month OOC cooldown.

what is this actually doing to make it stronger? how does this improve silit rp? how does it influence character development?

Stupid death as in not they do something stupid. What if a group of human rpers(the stupid type) ganks you out of nowhere or the random aurum testing? You might forget what people are capable to do here. We both were forced under similar situations and especially for being 'spooks'.

I'm fixing what I can here and slowly, once I return home I got plans in general, not just about Lore but it isn’t the place talking about it, yeah? I would focus on the numerous problems once I can and once I see there's a chance for them. Again, this is not my job- so in the end I do what I want and I write whatever goes in my mind that could improve something. In this regard I fix what I like- you dont see such a clause of one month if a wight, ghost, or eidola get killed through gold or other means that would make sense for their lore. I do think this is the wrong lore sections to go too in deep with this lmao, take it like Rukio's lore bm stuff that got accepted but it's a more life of quality change. Idk why Siliti need to be the only ones receveing this treatment 

Nah lets keep the cooldown a month, it encourages Siliti to make bonds and take thralls, to build a coven and start making moves to secure themselves. I don't like buffing them like this.

To give you the example, blood magic is fairly common right now. You would want to teach your thralls and make sure you had silit allies - viewed this way it is an IC method utilized by their creator malghorn in order to force them to work in tandem or suffer the consequences of their inability to show merit. 

From a purely mechanical perspective it adds weight and it adds purpose to a Siliti's death, if you get burned alive you're either out a month or you've done sufficient roleplay with others either thralls, students, or other Silit that they aren't going to leave you to flounder for a month and will come together to resurrect their comrade/ally.

There is character development from being forced to sit out for a month. As Tentoa points out, if Siliti use their resources well, they ought to be able to circumvent being put in a boosteel enforced timeout, or at least have the capabilities to prevent it in the first place. The downsides of Siliti regeneration are grueling, but they're still granted unconditional regeneration. Even being put in a coffin is only safe so long as the coffin goes undiscovered. Siliti is a long and troublesome game of months, not days. Taking that away from death just saps the flavor from the whole thing. 

I see no issue with how the cool downs currently are atm - silit are fairly OP already and have the means of securing themselves, these extended cool downs are intended to be punishing for any recklessness or just a natural drawback to the CA.  There's already ways to try and work around these in RP, you just need to work for them [as referred to above by some other players] - I feel like writing a change in the lore isn't the way to do this personally.

cd scale with strength, or should, longer cd makes bad faith at times tho (trying not 2 git killed, falls to scum sde)

Trntoa said it bettter

40 minutes ago, Benleft said:

There is character development from being forced to sit out for a month. As Tentoa points out, if Siliti use their resources well, they ought to be able to circumvent being put in a boosteel enforced timeout, or at least have the capabilities to prevent it in the first place. The downsides of Siliti regeneration are grueling, but they're still granted unconditional regeneration. Even being put in a coffin is only safe so long as the coffin goes undiscovered. Siliti is a long and troublesome game of months, not days. Taking that away from death just saps the flavor from the whole thing. 

I talked with tentoa about it. I didn't mention anything about the coffin by the way and the regeneration itself is fine but not really the outstanding part of the lore. As I said, I'll see how this plays out. I do see a lot of people talking as if it would get accepted 100% but nonetheless, there's no character develop in waiting for a month and I don't know why Siliti are the only ones to uphold this standard. I gave my other stuff to Tentoa and we came to a conclusion, feel free to talk with him or dm me on discord. I have repeated myself enough here and I'm pain.

31 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

I see no issue with how the cool downs currently are atm - silit are fairly OP already and have the means of securing themselves, these extended cool downs are intended to be punishing for any recklessness or just a natural drawback to the CA.  There's already ways to try and work around these in RP, you just need to work for them [as referred to above by some other players] - I feel like writing a change in the lore isn't the way to do this personally.

I do believe we have a different concept of OP because Siliti are nothing but op and I'm not writing this lore for my own benift- I have my means. I'm doing this also as an attempt.https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1008381657029545995/1065704609139654676/Screenshot_20230119_173336_Discord.jpg

Mordu explains some thoughts of mine well.

21 minutes ago, megavolter said:

cd scale with strength, or should, longer cd makes bad faith at times tho (trying not 2 git killed, falls to scum side)

Yeah, I agree on both your takes- it is somewhat what I talked about with tentoa. CD should scale with strength but this 'theme' is not quite uphold through CAs. I would be fine about a long CD if they were a menace. In that case, there should be more work on the spells side of the CA which once I return back home in a few weeks- Imma get help from zar, tentoa and whoever else is leading the covens.

See this as an initial attempt. I really wouldn’t care if it'd get denied, like I said.

19 minutes ago, lemonke said:

snip

Siliti are inherently unkillable [yeah you can put them on CD, but they can always come back]

They have peak human strength [which i've heard mordu compare to olympic athletes and strongmen capable of being able to hull massive trucks, bite strength as strong as a wolf]

They may not be the strongest encounter in CRP, but they have dozens of other abilities and powers to strengthen them in other cases with blood magic and other Silit Rites

I think the only option of this that I would be okay with this, for lowering cool downs, is lessening the cool down of death by fire to a week or so - the others shouldn't be altered.  It's not a big deal to lose out on RP for a day or two, lowering cool downs by that much just makes the Rite of Revival useless

I would like to see certain abilities of Silit made less into murder hobo incentives

6 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

Siliti are inherently unkillable [yeah you can put them on CD, but they can always come back]

They have peak human strength [which i've heard mordu compare to olympic athletes and strongmen capable of being able to hull massive trucks, bite strength as strong as a wolf]

They may not be the strongest encounter in CRP, but they have dozens of other abilities and powers to strengthen them in other cases with blood magic and other Silit Rites

I think the only option of this that I would be okay with this, for lowering cool downs, is lessening the cool down of death by fire to a week or so - the others shouldn't be altered.  It's not a big deal to lose out on RP for a day or two, lowering cool downs by that much just makes the Rite of Revival useless

I would like to see certain abilities of Silit made less into murder hobo incentives

Do check the second opinion in the CD, which does change only one. I hope I was clear with that- I apologize. It is one week in the second one proposed, which seeing it now is way better! Peak human strength here is not that amazing but is better than nothing and tbh they don’t have a lot of murderhobos stuff. Good enough, Zar added a lot of stuff that invite you not to kill anyone, nor you'd get advantaged through killing(thank god zar exists).

Even about rites, I feel like there could be more but it is all a bit uhh... lowered down? I don't know what happened in the past of siliti but that might be it. I know it isn’t a combat rp stuff but high reward high risk, yk?

However, I hear your last bit. You have my discord, feel free to tell me about your abilities you'd like to see changed and whatnot. I'll be happy to hear!