Ebbing Darkness

Ztrog

[This is private information, please do not metagame.]

Spoiler

FeOlyM2CSHk1-lRZeTW8PwiWbs8xgUW0tK9vVDXoE8QdpfwDSK3gt_eCgYrcJwNcDwB5e7tsGELpnsxiWp7UOIfYZho5PHYiYSbWuONFuchPFN-R6sysF-6PwZK8JMb3S7RO3o12j8W-nqzkj5PSqbRAwZWGLb3SmFMRoROEpi83hDlRpbVv5fqLka4peg

Dark, darker, yet darker. Darkness had become the only thing Sariel had known for years now. Days wore by after her initial blinding, and the darkness slowly evermore became suffocating. She hated it, it had made her dread every waking moment, it was disgust, it was filth. The loss of her vision was a disgrace. She had to get her sight back somehow, it wasn't just a want but a need She had begun to become frantic, insanity beginning to grip at her psyche. Despite her searching, and searching, and searching no crafters would take her pleas, leaving her in her blindness. In her hysteria, the woman had collapsed, falling frail upon the ground as she fell unconscious. 

Her subconscious brought Sariel to a black nebulous plan, the sound of metal rending and the blackened earth beneath her feet to be constantly shifting never giving her a moment's rest. “You taunt me, why must I dream, dream if for the fools. I will not be toyed with by my own mind!” The woman wails within the darkened mindscape she currently found herself in within her dream. A feral roar bellowed out thundering, bestial. Sariel stared definitely within the nebulous abyss that was all around her. “Just take me, let it end, the dark the dark it consumes me, day and night, day and night.” She spoke in an unstable cant. Much to her dismay and awe, she did begin to see something upon the tar-like ground, and dark eye, devoid of any color. 

The ground continuously rumbles and sifts beneath the elf, causing her to fall upon her knee, staring at that tenebrous eye. A rip of the ground tearing in numerous places made a chill roll up her spine. Monstrous maw with rows of jagged yellowed teeth could be seen. In sync, the maws decorating the landscape would let out a chorus of chaotic, ravenous voices all speaking incoherently to the afflicted ‘ame. A snap of the mind truly came as she let out a laugh, her voice now becoming once with the eldritch maws that now surrounded her.

The ravenous voice burrowed deeper, ever deeper within her ears. Through the chaos, she began to decipher some words. “Let me help you, child, allow me to lighten your burden.” She didn't understand, who was talking to her, what was talking to her. It didn't matter, in her broken psyche she only knew one thing, there could be a reprieve, a light to break apart this darkness. Raking her digits down her visage Sariel lets out one last maddening laugh, making feverous nods. 

“Ti! Take me! Lessen my woes! Free me!” She bellows out, thus letting a thunderous roar of the chorus of maws cackle with glee, the elfess throwing herself forward in her bout of insanity. The darkness once more took over all of her vision, the sight of her vision fading away as she was thrown out, waking to her living nightmare, but now with a sense of knowing, knowing what? Well, she only had to guess based on what she had foreseen.