In Loving Memory of Dantory

HogoBojo

Rest in peace :/

I had the pleasure of meeting Dantory within Petra over the past four months. During that time I can say he was a individual that cared deeply for his lotc family, the community he was a part of, and above all -- his friends he spent time with. Many members of Petra and LOTC got to know his loud voice, his laughter, and his consideration for others as he spent time both in character and in discord. Dantory was always full of life and full of energy. When the community we both were are a part of had found out of the tragic news of his accident we all came together to pray and hope he would be able to come back to us. Today -- We pray for him and his family, we hope he his in a better place, and shall always hope to spread his laughter that echoed with us so dearly to others.

Rest in peace my dear friend Szander. I shall pray for you and your own always.  

As a saying goes:

It doesn't matter how far or short a boulder rolls, as in the end, all is dust. What matters is what precious jewels were left inside to last for eternity.

Dantory had plenty of those.

In the end it's best to think of decent people as givers of memories, but not finite machines that are used up over time.

Thank you for the time you've given to us Dan.

Edited by DepartDuality

May he rest in peace.. I remember when I first met him in Oren. He was so kind, so inviting. He was one of those people that give me hope that LOTC is a place full of love and friendship. He was a really funny and kind person.. I wish I was able to know him more, but shall he rest in bliss <3

May you Rest In Peace for this heartbreaking outcome

I was good friends with Dantory on FRP when he ran the wayfarer tavern. He was dearly beloved to us all. This saddens me to no end. May he rest in piece.

knew dantory for about 7 years. met him back in 2016, we were both kids. guy was decent to me when a lot of people really, really weren't, and that's not an environment a young person should be in. especially on the internet, where people can be just awful. but he always included me. made me feel like a person in a place where things just bustle and change and shift and move, and make a guy as broken as me just disassociate. long nights in vc playing whatever weirdo early access survival game he was able to convince me to buy with him and the boys. making videos on his youtube channel with him.

until i see you again, szander. i know you're up there making builds with garg and listening to great music together.

bye bud.

Edited by Whiplash

Szander was cool. I remember RPing with him in Savoy very briefly over a year ago, and had long intellectual discussions with him about the nation that were productive, and positive. I minutely RPed with him a day or two before his accident two weeks ago on another medium, and wish I'd spent more time. The realization of fragility is viscerally real with his passing and I fervently hope prayers do well for his kind soul. God bless him and his family.