IBLEES PREVAILS

TreeSmoothie

[Please do not metagame!]

Spoiler

Balian's Day of Reckoning,

Told From the Other Perspective

2023-01-21_17.png?width=1066&height=588

"Now ... Kick their ass!"

Before the throne of the Archliches, Gashadokuro and Alkhayin, a white-robe-clad figure knelt beside their comrades. The time of Dúr-fán-agurth was nigh. 

Trudging through the swampwater, those maleficar clambered up the talons of that great beast and rode upon its back, soaring through the sky and slicing the clouds. The Dragon's roars shook the earth and tossed its riders wildly around upon it until they reached that grand city: then, the party departed to begin looping around to find an entrance. As they crested the hill, they came upon the Druids and their beloved Koko Mama.

2023-01-21_22.34.22.png?width=1109&heigh

Bolts sailed through the air and flame spat through the grass, catching Ents aflame and burning them to their cores. Alas, amidst their fight, the tree had sparked to life and swept them all from the canyon and into the grasslands below. They tumbled and tumbled until they hit the bottom, others not as fortunate as they were crushed to death by the animated plant. 

2023-01-21_17.14.57.png?width=1067&heigh

Not far from their landing, draconic silhouettes could be seen battling against a throng of undead, mechanical steeds gnawing at bone and tearing sinew from their weak frames. The Darkstalkers were the first to attack, followed by their Homunculi, a Wolf-man, and two Descendants. A Crowdrake reared into the air and dive-bombed Azdromoth's chosen as they battled the party, the former coming out victorious in the end. The Crowdrake had been trapped by Morur'ei's whip and the Leper, it's summoner, & the wolf-man were tailed closely by another Dragon Knight, Kassian.

The only two survivors from the fray fled to better grounds and then parted ways in order to witness the Lich-Dragons destruction. 

image.png?width=1116&height=587

And as the Leper watched Dúr-fán-agurth fall in a firey blaze, they celebrated their comrades and their success. 

"The weak are meat, and the strong do eat."

. . . 

"My ******* BACK. The damned livin' tree must'a been Awaiti getting back at me fer ..."

They glanced back at Koko Mama, now seemingly torn in half and charred wonderfully.

"Well. If it's so, she's dead twice, then. Stay dead, Druid."

Spoiler

lots of love to the STs that did this huge event (screamingdingo, islamadon, classynewt, and I'm sure a few others I didn't get the chance to see)!! Figured it would've been fun to write a quick documentation abt the necros POV, not including the folk who stayed back to defend against the Phylactery raiders

Ripped from the earth, a skeletal limb wade through root and topsoil, clawed digits scoring the crust of the material to rip their lithe and bone-clad figure anew; Gashadokuro rebirthed again after the fact. The thing's emergence sought it in the arid South, overlooking the scene after the fact as rubble smoldered a gnarly black, and the cadaverous remains of the Lich-drake. As sunlight's kiss sought the horizon, it'd  return to the bowels of the Realm, hidden away.

...For some reason, a certain orc feels a slight chill run up his spine. He glances questioningly at the battered and aged helmet atop his mantle, a freshly cleaned olive plume shining from nearby torchlight as his brow raises in some unspoken concern. Eventually Kor'garr shakes off the feeling, pulling out a cactus green blunt and looking satisfied with his new trophy. Hopefully the days recovering from the last of his injuries accrued during his Wagh against all things Buurz will make for a good time to write about the events that just took place... The ones he knows about, at least.

Spoiler

Thank you all for being wonderful foes and being the engine for this wonderful plotline! I've really enjoyed interacting with the spook community and appreciate all the hard work you put in. =)

More to read when the next Kaktuz Weekli comes out!

Gurido the Tengu slowly reforms back together over the course of a saint's week after being skewered by Nehtamo. Although he wouldn't remember his or his allies' legendary feat that day, he served Iblees' cause of ruin fine enough.

:serene: smokin koko mama

"Oh hey, that's my screenshot," a dwarven player chirped.