A brief Media Team Update

SaviourMeme

MlexHSOyT0O4ScshR_doKZiscPEL33AI7IRJAxuCIQ1qqUBH6RGYk_-UY3D7xzXgcILN0PZMYlphOlq_5rkOaXJubk_ge6JL3RDktjASpC_KxZwc8djXYhacFHezoD2t6QwlUbnln0XLKjwKUWGxa23j6ZoilwKm6av1w8saDj1j9y8bdyEqAQTHtEDOFw

Media Team Update:

Heyo everybody, SaviourMeme, your friendly local Media Team person here. I just wanted to give a shout out and cover some of the amazing videos that we’ve made in the last couple months as well as what’s to come in the foreseeable future for the servers Media Presence.

divider_1.thumb.png.ee849c9af3d49c98305ae1d96cbbc8c7.png

The Past

Up until recently, our media presence was rather stagnant, the only things that we focused on were our Social Medias, such as Twitter and Instagram. After much discussion with community and management we decided to swing our focus on areas with more outreach and a presence. 

First, bringing back a steady stream of uploads to the Official Lotc Youtube Page. 

Where we have had amazing videos posted such as, a short Highlight and Lore video on Humanity, made by @subatomic and voice acting by @creamynoteblock.

Or the none media team made "Continents of Almaris" Video made by @Anore with help from @HogoBojo, @subatomic, & @Pancho

Or, the awesome Part 1 of Dwaven Showcase made by @Smol with Voice Acting by @Lefty

Or @Smol's celebratory video 

and, last but not least, the beautifully put together Orc Showcase made by @Orlanth and voice acting done by @marimbamonkwith amazing animations from @Mirvam.

Second. Our other focus was the introduction of TikToks as well as similar posts on youtube shorts. Currently featuring posts from @subatomic, @Smol, @Mirvam@Orlanth, @Panashea, and Myself, though a few more people will be joining in the coming weeks. Though originally we kept it hush hush, im sure most of you have heard of it by now and seen some of the infamous vids. If you havent seen it, check it out at the link below, and make sure to follow, like and all those fun things.

https://www.tiktok.com/@lordofthecraft

divider_1.thumb.png.6c0b756bc7390b286740dca0104f70a1.png

The Future

With that short overview of the past out of the way, let's take a look at some of the big plans for the future of the media team. 

First, the youtube side of the team.

We currently have three different videos in the works for the youtube channel, most of them in the final stages of editing and putting together, and a couple in very early stages of planning. We are looking forward to publishing them and working on the next videos that come our way. Speaking of future videos, if you have any ideas for videos that we should tackle, feel free to shoot me a message on discord @SaviourMeme#9634.

Second, the shorts side.

We are planning to shift some people around within the team to better balance our youtube video output and our shorts output, with an eventual hope of posting at least one short a week and one video to the youtube page every two weeks. As well as expanding posting the shorts to more platforms than just Youtube and TikTok

Lastly, other miscellaneous social media pages. They were put on a bit of a backburner while we focused on other areas of media, though we hope to start bringing the number of posts back up again, creating more of our digital presence across the internet.

divider_1.thumb.png.a7c661e3a98a0fb16e87e0b552dd1288.png

A call out

This is where we call out to the community and ask for your help. One of our biggest setbacks in the creation of videos has been the lack of accessible voice actors. So, if you are interested in helping us with voice acting, and have a decent enough mic for it. Once again shoot me a message so I can set up a small interview and create a voice profile that our editors could use for their videos. At that point, if a video editor does decide to use you will be compensated via mina, we are currently working out a system so stay tuned. 

And as always, if you have experience in video making and any aspects that go into it feel free to apply for CT.

Cheers

From SaviourMeme

And the Media team as a whole

I... Hmm.

Literally communist china policy deleting the thumbs down.

Team needs to be disbanded asap

Looks great. If I had a suggestion it would be to maybe try focus on newer types of videos -- I think whenever the Media Team is revived, the racial lore videos (particularly orcs) tend to get remade whereas I think it would be seriously cool to see things like history videos on wars etc. 

Imagine some LoTC History & News returning??

should do a history video on the Undead Dragon siege of Balian that'd be cool, tell us about the worm and cloudbreaker and all of the context leading up to it in a short format like the "Explaining the fringe war in under 5 minutes" or whatever video

1 minute ago, Xarkly said:

Looks great. If I had a suggestion it would be to maybe try focus on newer types of videos -- I think whenever the Media Team is revived, the racial lore videos (particularly orcs) tend to get remade whereas I think it would be seriously cool to see things like history videos on wars etc. 

Last orc video was made seven years ago, and these racial showcases are just so we can finish the series on racial showcases.

Just now, NotEvilAtAll said:

should do a history video on the Undead Dragon siege of Balian that'd be cool, tell us about the worm and cloudbreaker and all of the context leading up to it in a short format like the "Explaining the fringe war in under 5 minutes" or whatever video

Something along those line will be maded

Whoop!

7 minas per an hour of acting

Good job, guys. I think it's important to reinforce quality, over quantity. Our community will benefit further, from two great pieces of content than seven mediocre videos. Editing, formatting, grammar and spelling are all important aspects, even in the more minute details.