[ST] Screams from the Deep

Nooblius

Any travelers in the North might harken a low singing voice amidst the snow. It sang in a harsh language, though was self-evidently a somber song of despair and vulnerability. 

Screaming from the Deep

From the disarrayed desk of the Rhun Prophet;

A dread lingers over the Iron Hills with the disappearance of many founding members of the expedition. Some fell to plague, others sought solitude of a hermit life in the expanses beyond the fortress. Certainly, there were doomsayers who prayed for the dissolution of the company and its endeavors. Perhaps their ire was deserved- certainly at least in part have I acted in ways to provoke our old compatriots. Enough maybe that the Gods saw fit to humble me, for the forges have become cold and only silence echoes within the sturdy cliffs Khron’Hundmar is named after; the song of the hills has fallen silent, our fortress forsaken. 

I cannot reject the clear omens of the Gods, especially regarding the principle that we set out from our fatherland on; service to the fortress is earned, and I have failed to earn it. I am too weary and sick to continue on like this, and the Gods rightfully have led my folk to rest from their work. The time for our mission is not yet at hand.

But the stillness is disturbed, and from the mines of immeasurable darkness I can sense movement. I ventured out into the caverns, wondering what omens Grimdugan offered and was met with glimmers of treasures hidden far below. I tried to map out the layer so as to lead an expedition, excited at the chance to rejuvenate the mission before I was challenged with the terrible wails of a creature. A strange glow emerged from the far end of the cavern, and I hid in the darkness as it approached. I could not make out its shape beyond a few faint glowing features, but it carried a stench of despair that I could not endure. I fled back to my dilapidated quarters where I write this last plea to my folk;

There is a final challenge of the Brathmordakin heralded by Grimdugan’s omens. A forgotten beast of Khorvad’s designs stands in the way, and threatens to desecrate our retired fortress. I summon all servants of the Rhun, all honorable hunters for a rally against this abomination, and offer what untapped treasures hidden below as reward. 

Spoiler

Thursday the 26th, 8 PM EST

The Ruins of Khron'Hundmar

Is this an ST event or did I just put [ST] to drive up interest?

You'll never know. Don't ask Classy (They will lie to you).

Strike the Earth.

PS: There is a reasonable limit to how many folks we can handle, a large limit but a limit nonetheless. If you're coming as a group, have a group leader coordinate with myself and Classy to make sure we're prepared and if it becomes too many we'll negotiate how many can come.

Chief Asketil Blackroot reads the message "As tha visions and omens foretolf. Tha purpleh lightning wes a warning ef Belka, tha visions ef tha frost creature bringing death, and tha blood star falling en tha north. Khorvad 'as started 'is advances ento thes continent, and tha dwed as keepers ef Yemekar's Balance shall march to protect et." Asketil would forward the message to the chiefs of Hefrumm and their allies.

The mechanical lord of the Goldhand Clan ruminates on the ill omens from his old friend, readying shield and sword, potion and poison, preparing to defend the fortress he once helped thrive.......

Far beneath the mountain of the Grand Kingdom, a whistling could be heard. The sound of iron clanging against steel rings out occasionally as many prying eyes peered at the shadow cast in front of the forge. Creepy and crawly things they, arachnids and vermin alike, they dared not approach the deep dweller. They could smell the raw anger and hatred exuded from their predator as it toiled away in front of the fire. The missive hung on a wall above as a sickening and brutal hammer had begun to take shape atop the anvil, a new craft signaling a new wave of death to come.

Runas would look at the news, perhaps it was time to come back to aid fellow dwarves.

Edited by TheSoupSupreme
Wrong

Ulfric sighed greatly, stress ever building upon the older dwed’s back. Yet despite all of this, the missive still crossed his desk, and upon reading it, knew at once what was needed of him.

Leaving his home felt a heavy burden, but so too would abandoning those he had helped create this Hold so long ago.

Preparations are in ordeh… o’I shall lead t’is merry band shoul’ no otheh.” He mumble to himself as he prepared.