+ For the Commonwealth +

Andustar

Spoiler

+ For the Commonwealth +

Circa. 16th Snow's Maiden, 1909.

2gvQl8SPVYrD14osqh6OKoVSsiUVxLvepwKTXZ5xcQLtgYxmoKOLuG1kFAbr3nM2yTcclVSO1IQYYRw40PzwyCn66R7lCorGIW4JsCyHjPunZXQdvIIyrcQ3vZcuo7IA3mYVsASViVj_Sh4VstqSAixM4H_IRqvc0GEiOM_ITyJrLURWwSi75GLX9QDkCg

Dearest Citizens of the Commonwealth,

I write to you now, as a child observing the unfolding of a dire civil war. A witness to the many brave men and women who are prepared to lay down their lives for their country. 

Not once did I imagine conflict would come right to my own doorstep, incited by one dear to my heart no less. Someone I once looked up to as my greatest hero. 

I regret to inform you that my Mother, the former Archduchess Renilde, has betrayed my dearest Father, the Archduke Constanz. The two swore sacred vows to one another, witnessed by GOD Almighty himself, and yet my mother has violated this hallowed oath in pursuit of a relationship with another man. In one fell swoop, she has abandoned her country, her people and her own children to pursue her own selfish desires.

To say I am heartbroken cannot express the feelings of sorrow I now hold within my heart. My family and my dearest homeland have been torn apart by lust and deceit. But though I grieve for our current predicament, I encourage you all to not lose heart. Rather, I ask you to stand together and fight, for our country. Stand with my father, Constanz and ensure the survival of our dearest nation. And whatever storm crashes against our walls we shall repel, with courage and honour! 

And to my Mother, if you still possess any love for me and my siblings, I would ask that you strike your banners and surrender. Give up your lustful desires and repent, for the good of your people. Do not forsake your own blood in favour of sin and evil. Do not give your heart to Iblees.

Signed;

Albert Salvian of the Petra, 

Eldest Son of the Archduke.

Louis would look to Albert, "My dear boy, how could we have known your mother would not only betray you and your kin but our nation as a whole. Shall you always be watched over by those whom call you kin."

ELOWYN OF PETRA STOOD BY HER PA, THE ARCHDUKE THE BEST PARENT EVER! NO ONE SHOULD HURT HER PA! 

"Siblings, get your mighty stuff animals and weapons! We cannot let Ma get away with this!"

Constanz retired to his chambers. For once, his bedside was not empty as his children swarmed together in somber silence.

Sir Gwendel Vilac dipped his head, placing his hand behind Alberts back dipping his head "Your a brave son of Petra Albert.. A shining example of vyr papej"  He'd then bring him with him to join the side of the Archduke, The true leader of Petra

Johanna Magdalena of Petra casts a glance in his direction. "You take after your father more than you do your mother. There is no such thing as a relationship between my sister and your mother." She gives Constanz a knowing look before nodding her head. "In the long run, everything will work out for the best."

Emir screamed from the top of his lungs as he started blast fireworks onto the square. 

He had never seen a nation that stood together for what’s right before. He would state “THATS THE REAL PATRIOTISM OF PETRA! LONG LIVE PETRA!”

Eloise Caroline looks up to her father and brother sighing "What is happening?" the youngest of the Archdukes children would sigh sitting herself upon the ground

"This isn't even your handwriting, Albert... Your father must have forged this idiocy."

"Poor Albert. A cheater never realizes how their selfish deeds affect their children." Juliana tuts, the clicking of her tongue echoing in the Sons of Petra meeting hall. "Good canonist... mea arse! Even Harald would roll in his grave at seeing that!"

Within the Palatio Monterosa, the young Princess Royal of Balian would be sat at her desk, pieces of a dissected cuckoo clock spread out before her. With a wrench in her hand, Elena would work tirelessly to create some sort of mechanical construct with the few tools she had at her disposal. 

“Something for Uncle Constanz. . .” A mutter would slip from the young girls lips as she focused on her task at hand. With each crank of her wrench upon a clock gear, a huff of frustration would escape the princess. “Everyone deserves to be happy, not just some. . .”

Acolyte Petyr, a foreign observer, is incredibly confused about the whole situation as there has been no further elaboration on who the Archduchess actually consorted with both lustfully and treasonously. He hopes that all sides are able to tell the full story so the Church can effectively mediate before bloodshed begins.

"Yes, I am sure a ten year old boy wrote this and understands what it means." remarked Arold.

Robyn de Lyons would read over the missive from his new friend with a nod muttering "You write well, Albert...though it's already too late for her now..." he'd say, clenching his fist slightly, a few tears flowing again as he'd think to the events of the last month.