[✗] corcitura amendment post for no infinite magic bans

Lord_of_losers

image.thumb.png.660897507f755c0cda64ed34653348d4.png

no king rules forever my son

Hello Lord of the Rings Craft

I am looking to become number 1 Minecrafter in all of the U.K, as such, I must make amendment post.

I do not know how to do the fancy posts and formatting with quotes, so you'll have to suffer with a copy pasted image and me dropping the crocs lore page:

link  <-- scroll to 'cleansing' to view full ability

Specifically, I am looking to change the redlines under 'cleansing' regarding the permanent ban duration and limitations placed on learning:

- Paladinism,

- Shamanism,

- Congestion/Ingestion/etc, willing or otherwise, of Alchemy stuff,

- I propose that instead of a permanent ban from paladinsm/shamanism/alchemy guzzling and their practices, this timer be reduced to 26 weeks (6 months)

- This timer could be more or less, if you want, I just like the number 26 because it's 6 months. Could make it 16 if you want, but I figure it should be a huge recovery period if at all accepted.

- This would extend to Alchemy, where once this timer is up, you can go back to imbibing your tonics and elixirs and so on, so forth.

- Additionally, players may opt to make it permanent if they so wish, if they were especially naughty and want their tortured soul RP to last forever.

EDIT 29/01/20223:

Potential alternative to above:

- Potential alternative proposal of 6 month blockade + 1.5x modifier on learning whatever cured you,

- Fear should still be roleplayed even after the 6 months, but can be done to a lesser degree,

Reasons:
- I am a giga nerd and will still be here in 3-6 months, as I am sure most of you will (probably).

- The reduction is still extremely, extremely painful. It's just not permanent as it currently is.

- I think not having the ability to recover from trauma and being permanently being scarred by it with no possible recovery despite potentially living hundreds of years with great friends, therapy, cool healy magic, etc, is mega lame personally,

Additional notes:

- Yes I am very aware you need to OOCly consent to both the curse and the cure.

- I don't know how this post will look when I post it, sorry if bad.

Spoiler

---> For clarity, yes I was recently cured of coochieturaism (with alchemy) <---

*honesty is important*

I completely agree with this englishman

Honestly? Yeah, bit silly how its currently set up, though the intent I think is to dissuade corcs from getting it removed, so perhaps think of something in exchange to make it more realistic for them to want to keep.

during my time of spooky things, I asked ST about it and the answer I got was

"Its possible to not be afraid of (in this instance it was alchemy) after a long period of time."

So technically, if its been 20 irp years, your character can slowly get back into it.

Can't disagree with this logic

25 minutes ago, DrunkPapaBear said:

during my time of spooky things, I asked ST about it and the answer I got was

"Its possible to not be afraid of (in this instance it was alchemy) after a long period of time."

So technically, if its been 20 irp years, your character can slowly get back into it.

But you can't use it is the issue. We once had a corc get purged by Paladinism and then he could never be a paladin even though he got purged with the intention of becoming one in the future. "You will never be able to stop being 'afraid' and will never be able to make use of the way you were purged" is the ST ruling officially iirc.

More opportunities for character growth and development are good. =)

+1

I'm personally open to having that period of phobia/anxiety around whatever cured you made not permanent.  I still think it should be a long duration to prevent players from trying to avoid RP consequences and to still have some sense of punishment involved for their story, but keeping that phobia as a permanent thing can hamper longer-living characters' character growth in a narrative

A complete and full recovery, however, I don't think should be a thing given how this is a massive transition of lifestyles for that character - literally making them a predator amongst their own kind

In-Character decisions have in-character consequences, and those should be respected and abided by. If you want to pursue [x], then don't go for the curing method associated with it. It's still incredibly generous for what is essentially a horrific curse which turns you into a botched Silit whose soul gets horrifically mangled to form incomplete Marrows. It absolutely should be something which scars you for life, given that its damage inflicted upon your very soul, and not just your psyche. 

I am not in support of removing or altering the redlines, and I stand by Mordu's original reasoning behind them. 

For players that want to follow along with RP and limit OOC boundaries I think this change would suit them.

In any case, this promotes RP and with the lengthy duration before the effects are removed gives the player time to experience the woes of what has occurred before adapting back to society.

Pushing back and saying no, would just mean it'll encourage more OOC intervention, as when it comes to the curse. You can say no. When it comes to the cure. You can say no.

It doesn't necessarily promote RP and just encourages the monk revival mechanic to get out of the build up which potentially happened to turn/cure you to show up again not effected.

Being cursed with corcitura is a curse that wracks a character down to the foundation of their soul. It is a sickness that is not designed to be kind. Your character's life should be worse off for becoming one. This kind of weighty consequence only serves to bring the quality of roleplay UP for this piece of lore, though. If a character cannot obtain or practice a piece of lore, that is cool, and you should challenge yourself to play that in a unique and inspired way. Fear, as listed in the redlines, is a wonderful way of doing this. How can you explore this?

I believe it is flawed to look at this kind of redline purely in terms of it restricting a character's opportunity. This creates a chance for you to explore how your character's conditions define them and inform their decisions. Roleplay can be fostered because of this redline, and to that extent I see it as a positive contributor to the server. 

We've already proven that being blanket barred from certain pieces as a result of being a cured Corcitura is not harmful to the greater health of the server. To that extent, live and let be. 

I very much like the idea that our characters can, with enough aid, overcome trauma! Of course there will be some marks and some might never truely ever recover and I very much enjoy that prospect. To a former vampire, having been cured of Xan's light only to be the purifier after multiple decades overcoming the life altering cure.

Where currently, we have people which might be afraid that they are considering X practice, and if Y is not used, the cure just kills them because OOCly they might have an idea for the character they want to live out, especialy would it only decrease immersion once we get to the exposed loop. 

Vampire gets exposed -> Vampire gets given the 'wrong' cure and dies due to OOC consent -> Vampire becomes public knowledge as posters spawn everywhere in the world because a guy wrote it on the forums. -> Vampire gets killed because 'the cure doesn't work' so no one is 'wasting' their time and effort on it. And tbh, I feel 6 MONTHS should be enough time, Almost 1/4'th of a century.

I think that having consequences for becoming a blood-sucking mongrel vampire is good. However, when I think about how it's treated now on the server, becoming a corc requires OOC consent, being cured of  it requires OOC consent. You can avoid those consequences for having become a corc just by saying "No thx" to the cure.

I don't think that way of thinking should be encouraged, I think most characters that are faced with being cured or killed would choose to be cured. I think Lord_Of_Losers is right in keeping the harsh punishment for being cured, by barring someone from the magic that cured them for an extended period of time. That should be consequence enough. I personally struggle to see a character who's had a great deal of time to process something be unable to because of a red line like this. I do think it's much more interesting for a character to properly struggle with a fear before ultimately coming to realize it's not rational, or... having the choice to keep that fear forever. I feel like when we delve into policing how a character can think and feel, especially if those changes in character expression occur naturally, we're stifling character development.

Say the consequence that barred you from other magics wasn't mental but magical, that would be different. I personally cannot logically wrap my mind around the idea that if someone has say 100 years to grapple with something that they'd still be afraid of it. 6 months is quite a while, I'd personally up it by a few more, but that's just me.

This lore has been denied.

After looking into it, management has decided it's best to remain (due to tracking issues, mostly) to keep the indefinite timer on the magic-restriction. Given that magics and the like aren't necessary for a character to develop or explore storylines, it was just deemed as unnecessary.