[CA + Feat Addition] Vampire Aging

Some much needed progression for siliti, I'd like to see more CAs with similar progression as well

To note, the reason we've done this is because we're pleased with silit lore but see things missing; how the mentality is roleplayed such as players being more human than monster, how there's no elder vampire monster aesthetic (e.g. wings), how the strong vampire trope isn't fulfilled (notably balanced by being noncombative), the weakness to sunlight being gentle, and so on. With this addition we mean to adjust vampire traits to hit the marks we want without laying on something that adds to their features too much or makes them too strong. As I said on the previous thread by Fooldude, I very much like how siliti are roughly mid. I'd call it competent but not competitive compared to other CAs and mindful changes like these satisfy my anxiety around powercreep. I hope this addition pleases the communities and gives them something they look forward to playing with!  

i see mordu and zarsies tag team, i upvote

the concept of aging is already talked about irply but there was no lore to back it up, so an excellent addition and very much needed imo

1 minute ago, ronin_champloo said:

SR-skill-Vampire_Lord_28Male29.png

SR-skill-Vampire_Lord_28Male29.png

Imagine not being a Silit 

7a2.gif

what happens to existing crocs that do not want the incurable trait if this passes

do they get to drop it or do they suck it? or do st decide that?

for previously cured corcs I assume we continue life as normal? 

2 minutes ago, Lord_of_losers said:

what happens to existing crocs that do not want the incurable trait if this passes

do they get to drop it or do they suck it? or do st decide that?

Usual protocol is to allow people to drop it if they want so I expect (and hope) that to be the case. Corc certainly, silit I doubt. Same ol same ol for those already cured.

Spoiler

imagine implementing loss of libido for all corcs and silti, lurin stocks would crash

de4kzlm-caadd4be-17fb-48d2-8717-b556faf8

+1 always for Mordu and Zarsies

22 minutes ago, MeteorDragon said:

If accepted, would all Siliti and Corcs start at T1, or would they become the Tier that they would have been?

I would like for them to be fasttracked to whatever makes sense with when their app was accepted, as if this progression had always been in place. 

That said I'd urge the ST to offer Corcitori who wish to be cured amnesty for a short period around implementation (since this lore will render the curse permanent at T3 and there are many corcitori who have likely had it long enough for that to be the case), which has been the norm with changes like this in the past. Chiefly because the lore they signed up for is now crucially different with regards to its permanence. 

12 minutes ago, rukio said:

If you feel the feat is already punishing, I feel as though forcing them to not be able to be cleansed after x weeks is just punishing them even more for no reason, even with a small boost.

The issue isn't exclusively that the feat is punishing. The real problem lies in how it pushes people over the edge. If someone isn't enjoying their roleplay then they still have three months to change their mind and get cured.

I think it's safe to assume if someone chooses to go through the motions of drinking people's blood on a regular basis for all of 90 days, however, then having leaving them with an eject button after they've been given the best toys for doing so feels somewhat cheap.

Corcitori shouldn't be treating the feat like a void magic to pick up and drop as they please. It is still a fundamentally character defining experience and to endure such a length only to have a paladin, shaman or alchemist waft the problem away when they get bored - in favour of the option specified in this lore as taking on a far more significant change of character like a CA - feels silly. 

If you feel the feat is already punishing, I feel as though forcing them to not be able to be cleansed after x weeks is just punishing them even more for no reason, even with a small boost.