[✗] Lore Addition - Mani | Blessing of a Child

Amayonnaise

If you squint hard enough a bear kind of looks like a stork.

3 minutes ago, tasty_cheesecake said:

only if a stork drops off the kid will i abide by this

I originally wanted to make a Stork Mani specifically for this purpose... But we don't need to bloat the Mani even further, and I didn't have the energy to pump out that much lore.

the law of conservation of matter!!!! matter cannot be created or destroyed!!! what is this!!!!!

(jk +1 artificial baby factory)

2 hours ago, Amayonnaise said:

jump through hoops

krekavae allows for same sex pregnancy (vargs are inclusive) 

1 hour ago, Amayonnaise said:
1 hour ago, tasty_cheesecake said:

only if a stork drops off the kid will i abide by this

I originally wanted to make a Stork Mani specifically for this purpose... But we don't need to bloat the Mani even further, and I didn't have the energy to pump out that much lore.

Wi’wun-Prince of Cranes

:3 

Lore like this is so fun to me, and provides a unique ritualistic alternative to FTB. And some options for The Gays TM. We're in a fantasy world, and stuff like this makes it feel like it. I love this so much +1,000,000

I like this. +1.

Only problem is that this lore seems to only relate to elven mythos, which is bad! It should be for everyone!

41 minutes ago, Jentos said:

krekavae allows for same sex pregnancy (vargs are inclusive) 

I wasn't aware! I'm not entirely sure what krekavae is to be honest, but it's good to know there are other options out there!

31 minutes ago, NightcastorKitty said:

Wi’wun-Prince of Cranes

:3 

I forgot about this old boi, oopsie.. But Bolomormaa is the Matron of Motherhood and Mothers, and was highly suggested to me as the Mani to use! Of course, anyone can swap the Mani out to use whomever they'd like instead!

28 minutes ago, Knight of Elken said:

Lore like this is so fun to me, and provides a unique ritualistic alternative to FTB. And some options for The Gays TM. We're in a fantasy world, and stuff like this makes it feel like it. I love this so much +1,000,000

Thank you so much! And I'm so glad we share the same perspective - it's a fantasy mineman server.. anything should be possible!

22 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

I like this. +1.

Only problem is that this lore seems to only relate to elven mythos, which is bad! It should be for everyone!

This lore is exclusively for Aspectism and the Wild Faith. On the current big FTB post, @Battle Unit provided the idea of stork RP, which then made me realise we don't really have alternative child-creation methods in lore. So I decided to take his idea and run with it - providing a religious method through the Wild Faith in which Aspectists could bring forth children without having to resort to FTB, or due to same-sex relationships. HOWEVER, there is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from making their own variations of non-ftb child creation for their own cultures and religions! I look forward to seeing new methods pop up for each race and their system of faith!

I'm going to come in with a bit of a hot take on this post.

While I do find the added option is nice for players to have more avenues of getting a child I feel like the explanation or insertion of a mani being able to create a descendant is a bit weak. I understand that the Wild Faith culture sees the Mani as pretty much dieties themselves but it's hardly the case realistically. Personally I think this could simply be a cultural thing where a priestess of Bolomormaa sees a couple wishing for a child and they give them a orphan infant or something without the couple knowing.

On the whole FTB topic, no one forces players to do that rp. If someone wants to simply spawn in a child almost no one will stop them.

3 minutes ago, RaiderBlue said:

I'm going to come in with a bit of a hot take on this post.

While I do find the added option is nice for players to have more avenues of getting a child I feel like the explanation or insertion of a mani being able to create a descendant is a bit weak. I understand that the Wild Faith culture sees the Mani as pretty much dieties themselves but it's hardly the case realistically. Personally I think this could simply be a cultural thing where a priestess of Bolomormaa sees a couple wishing for a child and they give them a orphan infant or something without the couple knowing.

On the whole FTB topic, no one forces players to do that rp. If someone wants to simply spawn in a child almost no one will stop them.

That is completely valid - I emphasised in the Purpose that the sole intent isn't to provide the Mani with godlike, child-creating powers, but rather to simple provide an alternative option. I did consider fleshing out how exactly the Mani create these children, but to go into that much depth felt a bit excessive, and I wanted to keep the post short.

And you're entirely right, FTB isn't essential for the creation of children. However, I'm not entirely sure if we have any concrete posts that specifically state the guidelines on child-creation and the limits of our claims on how the child came to be. We can most definitely simply state our characters had a child, without any of the accompanying RP, but then what about same-sex couples who cannot physically reproduce? This lore enables people an alternative route to take without even having to mention "doing the deed", and permits same-sex couples to have genetic children of their own, but also provides a fun, religious take on the entire concept where we can do a fun ritual and promote some of the old spooky-wooky tribal prayers that are a little less common nowadays.

4 minutes ago, Amayonnaise said:

We can most definitely simply state our characters had a child, without any of the accompanying RP, but then what about same-sex couples who cannot physically reproduce?

I know the child being a physical reproduction might matter to some people being able to do "blood of my blood rp", but this also can just play into what I said previously. A priestess of bolomormaa some how finds a child that is the spitting image of both parents, making them believe it's their blood child.

Intentions aside I believe you could still gather the type of rp you are looking for without the inclusion of the mani directly being put into players hands, even if for such a small thing.

54 minutes ago, Amayonnaise said:

I wasn't aware! I'm not entirely sure what krekavae is to be honest, but it's good to know there are other options out there!

they are a pk mechanic whereas you give birth to a twisted, monstrous child that stalks and eventually consumes both parents before casting itself from a cliff to break its own neck once its purpose is done