[✗] Lore Addition - Mani | Blessing of a Child

Amayonnaise

Thank you for the credit it increases my power level

I discussed with a few others about the subject a bit more after my forum post schizoing and there came up a slight issue that should be addressed. One role play avenue that could be cut out is the narrative of the bastard. It's popular in human rp, I've done it before on my old imperial prince and the whole rags to riches narrative is a fun narrative to strive for. Most bastards are conceived by npc too totally unrelated to the ftb problem. This is a minimal issue when compared to protecting the youth on the server but how we implement safety should be done in a way that's tasteful and doesn't ruin popular tropes that aren't inherently bad or detrimental to the server (muh jon snow rp).

I don't think we need official lore on this. Perhaps this is something that could be handled by the religious groups/community leaders on the server to make up non-sexual avenues of conception for their communities. Me personally, I just say the stork delivered my kids and grand kids regardless of what ST jannies could tell me. The main goal is just trying to make this place safer for the kids.

EDIT: Something else to consider either reworking or addressing is the elf infertility curse. Why does the stork or whoever dislike them?

+1; Support the Gays, Support the Druids, Gotta love both in one.

21 hours ago, Battle Unit said:

I discussed with a few others about the subject a bit more after my forum post schizoing and there came up a slight issue that should be addressed. One role play avenue that could be cut out is the narrative of the bastard.

This Mani lore is mostly oriented towards the Elven/Aspectist communities. If humans were to make their own variation, I imagine a Wed Nobleman could conduct whatever the human equivalent of this ritual is with a mistress, and then you'd still have your Bastard avenue of RP! Players would absolutely still be welcome to create NPC wives/husbands as well - this method is purely just for those who wish to add some concrete, religious lore behind their child's creation. It wouldn't prevent others from claiming other methods of conception :)

I don't think we need official lore on this. Perhaps this is something that could be handled by the religious groups/community leaders on the server to make up non-sexual avenues of conception for their communities. Me personally, I just say the stork delivered my kids and grand kids regardless of what ST jannies could tell me. The main goal is just trying to make this place safer for the kids.

And I agree! I wasn't sure if it was required to go through Lore Mags or not - an ST member suggested I do so just because I added in the Redlines for clarification. At the end of my Purpose, I added a note saying I was happy for it to be moved to the Wild Faith subforum if the ST felt it wasn't required to go through the lore submissions!

EDIT: Something else to consider either reworking or addressing is the elf infertility curse. Why does the stork or whoever dislike them?

Forgot to respond to this - My personal intention for this fell under the blood/flesh sacrifice upon the flame. I felt it made sense for the Mani/whomever to create the child through each parent's sacrificed blood/flesh, which would provide the shared genetics upon the child. This would also carry across their heritage/curses, and the infertility of any CA's or aged Elves would make their sacrifice ineligible. I simply didn't add this because I wasn't sure how much explanation was necessary.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.