fire sord 2: electric boogaloo

Lord_of_losers

Hello, you may remember me from such hit lore submissions as 'FIRE SORD'.

Please find my previously denied submission here: 

I have received supreme grade ST feedback which I hope will act as a cheat guide to getting this piece accepted. Thanks st, for the answers to the test.

~ Accept FiRe SoRd ~

~ WoOoOoOoOoOo ~

Spoiler

The main points of feedback I received were (paraphrasing):

- Enchantment worries from enchant spam,

- Include lore interactions with other materials,

- Flames should be kept consistent to real-world hues (reds/yellows/orange),

- Effect persisting beyond casting is incongruent with other voidal evocation lore (cast -> spell -> does not stay),

- Some redline adjustment,

I hope I have incorporated these, and that you can now add fire sord to the lore.

To address some concerns:

- Enchanting this would be pointless, because transfiguration redlines pretty much nullify this spell with the redline below,

- I have added Thanhium & Ironwood interactions (doesnt work),

- Have clarified the flame colour should stick only to what is allowed in current lore (conjure flame),

- Added a requirement for continued focus on the spell,

If anyone else has feedback/potential concerns, post below and I will try my best to answer.

Transfig redline:

- Enchantments will have their charge interrupted and any further casting disabled should the user dodge, parry, melee, or otherwise participate in melee combat. Dodging at range is unaffected by this.

Enwreathe [C] - Allows for a fire evocationist to cover their weapon in a shroud in fire.

Mechanics:

• A fire evocationist may enwreathe a portion of their weapon in flames, provided that portion of the weapon cannot be damaged by fire.
  • The flames from enwreathe can be any colour permitted under 'Conjure Flame', with the exception of Blue, White or Black.
  • The fire from enwreathe causes 2nd degree burns on contact with skin.
  • Enwreathe requires two emotes to cast [ Connect -> Enwreathe ].
  • Once cast, Enwreathe can be maintained up to [6] emotes, provided the spell is focused on.
  • Can be learned at T2.

Redlines:

• Enwreathe cannot be used with blue fire or combustion, due to them causing warping and instability of the weapon.
  • Enwreathe cannot be used on weapons that can be damaged/burned by fire.
  • Enwreathe cannot be cast on Thanhium, it'd just absorb the spell.
  • Enwreathe cannot be cast on Ironwood, because Ironwood is resistant to fire, not immune to it.
  • Enwreathe flames do not bypass or cause burns through armour. Regular clothing does not count as armour.
  • If your focus is broken, Enwreathe vanishes. It does not grant you any ability to maintain concentration greater than you normally could.
  • You cannot enwreathe armour.

I love Scion spells

I approve

Fire sord

A bit confused by the meaning of the spell needing continued concentration. If this follows the convention of other spells, then.. you wouldn't be able to attack while channeling this spell. I understand why this clause was necessary, but.. it seems to defeat the purpose of the spell, unless I'm wildly misinterpreting the redlines.

cake sword better

42 minutes ago, sam33497 said:

A bit confused by the meaning of the spell needing continued concentration. If this follows the convention of other spells, then.. you wouldn't be able to attack while channeling this spell. I understand why this clause was necessary, but.. it seems to defeat the purpose of the spell, unless I'm wildly misinterpreting the redlines.

that's correct yes

this was feedback i got from the last denial re: focus breaks and such

I wish I was a fire sord

2 hours ago, Lord_of_losers said:

that's correct yes

this was feedback i got from the last denial re: focus breaks and such

In comment to this, the spell here is purely for scions only then, when thought of combat availability.

I'm not against the idea of feat spell additions.

Since the spell does require continuous focus, binding it to an enchantment would break if used to dodge/parry/attack? 

4 hours ago, E__V__O said:

In comment to this, the spell here is purely for scions only then, when thought of combat availability.

Since the spell does require continuous focus, binding it to an enchantment would break if used to dodge/parry/attack? 

Eminense can use it too, after having casted a few spells to get the 3'rd stack of that stackable buff I forgot the name on. . . Maybe?

7 hours ago, E__V__O said:

yeah because that’s what it says in enchanting redlines, sadge 

I admire your dedication