XLIV SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

Office of the Lord Speaker

XLIV SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

OFFICE OF THE ROYAL DUMA

-Wd27_aZJ2W6y2kUs5RVJRJa_-Ywc5wRiUHoBQs1oKw1VjRzcLiOpL2cYUpFTHaB0wfTrLYYp_koag2b6gwL_mA3ZQTUG45dU6NcJp0vD9xL4c0j0BslJUqWii4zx41TOH5rekuV

Issued and Confirmed by His Majesty King Georg I      

6th of Tov ag Yermey , 463 E.S

The XLIV Session of the Royal Duma is hereby called into session by His Majesty, King Georg I of Hanseti-Ruska and the Aulic Government. 

Members of the Royal Duma shall include:

1. Herzenas Roslin Baruch @kaylaa

2. Herzen Aleksandr var Ruthern @Demavend

3. Herzen Wilheim Barclay @Fionn__TWG

4. Komitas Adele Ludovar @DearConnorMurphy

5. Komit Matviy Kortrevich @MapleSunflower

6. Vikomit Baldrum Colborn @Kaladin Stormblessed

7. Bossir Cesar de Pelear @Javert

8. Bossir Aurik Bishop @Lomiei

9. Bossir Sviatoslav Godunov @poki

10. Bossir Felix Weiss @SethWolf

11.Royal Alderwoman Annette von Theonus @TaytoTot

12.Military Tribune Audo Weiss @Frostdrop1

13.Lord Palatine Iosif Basrid @Nolan_

Upon the first sitting of the new session, the Lord Speaker shall select a Royal Inquisitor from amongst the members of the Royal Duma. Following this the members of the Royal Duma shall elect the Lord Handler amongst themselves in a vote overseen by the Lord Speaker.

Edited by Office of the Lord Speaker

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 463 SITTING

OF THE XLIV SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

eBsIVCJCmaCqB72Shl_v9gg3zj4qTIElqnalIxHLve4Vx6ChRzCnar7UBxLOrmgs1RV1sj93WFNurUN2xayHr3wx7BQe6VaaIt2LNjXlNmsfIqAQWeKhvgiL83fjz62Z4w

From the Office of the Lord Speaker.

On this 6th of Msitza ag Dargund, 463 E.S.

Session held on 6th of Tov ag Yermey, 463 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Herzen Barclay

Komit Ludovar

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Colborn

Bossir de Pelear

Bossir Bishop

Bossir Godunov

Bossir Weiss

Royal Alderwoman von Theonus

Military Tribune Weiss

Lord Palatine Basrid

IN ABSENTIA

None

Wilheim Barclay: “Right! This first sitting of the forty-fourth session of His Majesty's Royal Government shall hereby commence. With a perfect thirteen in attendance, Duma has reached quorum, and we shall move to the first matter. We shall begin with nominations for this term's Lord Handler. Are there any in attendance who wish to nominate themselves.”

Felix Weiss: “I'll do it if no one else wants to. Wouldn't be the first time.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Are there any others? - No? So be it. With no competition, Felix Weiss is the Lord Handler for this term.”

Felix Weiss: “Wooo.”

Felix Weiss has been selected as Lord Handler for the XLIV session of His Majesty’s Royal Duma.

Wilheim Barclay: “Next, we shall move to Royal Inquisitor. Are there any who wish to nominate themselves, besides Lord Handler Weiss?”

Otto Gant raises his hand.

Wilheim Barclay: “Any else? Would anyone like to nominate another member of the Royal Duma?”

Annette von Theonus raises her hand.

Wilheim Barclay: “Right, we shall have a vote this time. I shall allow the two nominees the opportunity to give a short speech, if they wish.”

Otto Gant: “Who's first?”

Wilheim Barclay: “We shall begin with Lord Regent Gant.”

Otto Gant: “Alright. Well, august members of the Duma, Ah merely wish to serve out one more term as Inquisitor, as I felt I did not get to call forth all the councillors I wished to in my brief stint last term. We held the Justiciar's office accountable, but I feel there are questions to be answered with the Treasury and the Envoy office, that'd be all.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Thank you, Regent Gant. Royal Alderwoman von Thenous, it's your turn to speak.”

Annette von Theonus: “I know many here do not know me, and my abilities, but I just want to make sure that those who need to be will be held accountable. How are we to do our jobs if we cannot bring out the truth in others?”

Wilheim Barclay: “Thank you, Royal Alderwoman von Thenous. We shall begin the vote, so.”

Royal Inquisitor Vote for the XLIV Session

By the Office of the Speaker

OTTO GANT

Representative Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Representative Kortrevich

Vikomit Colborn

Bossir de Pelear

Bossir Bishop

Representative Godunov

Bossir Weiss

Military Tribune Weiss

ANNETTE VON THEONUS

Representative Barclay

Representative Ludovar

ABSTAIN

Lord Palatine Basrid

Otto Gant has been selected as Royal Inquisitor for the XLIV session of His Majesty’s Royal Duma.

Wilheim Barclay: “We shall now move to the sole bill of the day, Bossir Bishop's 'Vassal Action Bill'. Bossir Bishop, du may address the Royal Duma.”

Aurik Bishop: “For the pleasure of the Duma I will keep it brief. This bill simply adds a new section to the nobility section of the Haurul Caezk; restricting the vassalage of the Crown from publicly practicing any opinion contrary to the crown with any political entity the Crown has formed an opinion upon. It is made with the intent to be a constant and permanent reminder to the Noble class to keep solidarity with the wishes of His Majesty. Any questions?”

Wilheim Barclay: “Thank you, Bossir Bishop. We shall now move to unmoderated debate.”

Aurik Bishop: “Woohoo.”

A short silence fell upon the hall.

Aurik Bishop: “Shall I motion to vote?”

Bishop Iosif: “I believe the Haurul Caezk already has provisions for these. On the matter of housing darkspawn and such - Dark Witchcraft is already a crime and we have a statute for contribution which that would fall under.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Yes, the matter is one of good sense. It need not be written into law.”

Aurik Bishop: “That can be removed. I just wanted to make sure that was in there somewhere.”

Felix Weiss: “I believe this to be a bill that only would put into writing what is already what most consider common sense. However, I’m of the opinion that it is best to not leave such things up to interpretation. This bill aims to solve that. I see no issues with this bill.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “The Crown is the law in Hanseti-Ruska.”

Bishop Iosif: “Similarly, the next two are just treason. To act against the Crown.”

Aurik Bishop: “Interesting you say that.”

Lillyana: “I agree with Lord Weiss.”

Audo Weiss: “While I too share the opinion that such things are common sense, not all are endowed with an equal understanding of common sense. As such, it is a necessary precaution to codify these tenants so that no ambiguity ought to be left.”

Aurik Bishop: “Nevertheless, it is not exactly or explicitly stated anywhere in the Haurul Caezk that nobility is restricted from holding contrary opinions to certain nations based on the opinions of the Crown. Indeed, many houses hold ill will toward some polities Haense is in good standing with currently.”

Bishop Iosif: “The way it is written just falls under treason. 'Actions contrary to those of The Crown'.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Any who look upon such in our lawbook shall think the Peerage inept, it is a waste of words.”

Bishop Iosif: “Similarly the proposed XXVI addition is just the punishment and crime for XXV, they would be combined into one.”

Lillyana: “I agree the two can be combined. About the phrasing - perhaps 'actions that do not stand with the agreements of the crown' would be better?”

Bishop Iosif: “I motion to vote.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Seconded.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Very well! We shall move to vote.”

Aurik Bishop: “Perhaps you all have a different interpretation than I had when writing this. When I say that nobles shouldn't be friends with the crown's enemies, or enemies with friends, I don't just mean taking military action or holding secret meetings. I mean small, personal things, like holding shop stalls, organising marriages with houses of that polity, encouraging conflicts of interests and other such. I could go into more detail, but perhaps the bill ought to just be reworded.”

Vote for the Vassal Action Bill of 463 E.S.

[Copy attached here]

YES

NO

Representative Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Representative Barclay

Representative Ludovar

Vikomit Colborn

Bossir de Pelear

Bossir Bishop

Representative Godunov

Bossir Weiss

Military Tribune Weiss

Lord Palatine Basrid

ABSTAIN

The Vassal Action Bill of 463 E.S. has failed unanimously.

Wilheim Barclay: “Are there any matters any members of the Duma wish to raise at this moment in time?”

Aurik Bishop: “I thank the duma for their advising, and will set to re-composing the bill eminently.”

Felix Weiss: “I only need word from the Palatine to begin quarantine measures to snuff out this plague before it swells too high. And I'd recommend bringing in physicians from our allies to do so.”

Bishop Iosif: “Find me after and give me all your information on the matter. I will converse with the King on the matter and we will decide our steps moving forward.”

Felix Weiss: “Yes. Thank you.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Any other matters to discuss?”

A short silence fell upon the hall.

Wilheim Barclay: “If there are not, very well. This sitting is now officially adjourned!”

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 464 SITTING

eBsIVCJCmaCqB72Shl_v9gg3zj4qTIElqnalIxHLve4Vx6ChRzCnar7UBxLOrmgs1RV1sj93WFNurUN2xayHr3wx7BQe6VaaIt2LNjXlNmsfIqAQWeKhvgiL83fjz62Z4w

On this 6th of Msitza ag Dargund, 464 E.S.

Session held on 6th of Tov ag Yermey, 464 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Ruthern

Representative Barclay

Komitas Ludovar

Representative Colborn

Representative de Pelear (arrived late)

Bossir Bishop

Bossir Weiss

Military Tribune Weiss

Lord Palatine Basrid

IN ABSENTIA

Herzen Baruch

Komit Kortrevich

Bossir Godunov

Wilheim Barclay: “Right! We shall now begin the first sitting of the forty-fourth of His Majesty's Royal Duma. We are one above quorum, and this sitting may proceed. As you are all hopefully aware, the Duma has been asked by His Royal Majesty to devise name suggestions for three Civil Orders to replace the Order of Maya and the Lily. Before we discuss any suggestions from those present, I wish for you all to read the document left by Royal Inquisitor Gant, on his personal suggestions, and give your inputs on them if you have any. I wish to also state that no suggestions will be shot down before being presented to His Majesty, however the thoughts of said suggestion from the present Duma shall be presented alongside it. So, do any present members have anything to say on the suggestions?”

[Copy attached here]

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “I must admit to finding it difficult to care as to the nomenclature.”

Felix Weiss: “I personally like Inquisitor Gant's suggestions. There was a lot of history and research put into his ideas, and appropriate choices were made for such high honors.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Does anyone have any of their own suggestions?”

[!] Two non-members are noticed sitting within the hall.

Wilheim Barclay: “I'm afraid you'll both have to leave the hall. Only members of the Duma may be seated.”

[!] One of the non-members promptly leaves the seating area of the hall. The other seems zoned out.

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “These are each old names. There is value in our history, yes - but to most they will mean little.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Would you have any more modern names to suggest instead, Herzen Ruthern? Or perhaps any suggestions not tied to the name of someone?”

Audo Weiss: “I would say the suggestions are fine as they are, though I would also propose to suggest that the re-naming really only serves to make understanding the reasons for being awarded in everyday conversation more obtuse.”

Felix Weiss (to the zoned out non-member): “Boy, did you not hear the Speaker? Get up, and watch from the stands.”

Bishop Iosif: “I find all the proposals fine additions. Perhaps though as alternatives for the civil order of arts something named after Otto the Tarcharman or Dietrick van Jungingen. - Dietrich, rather.”

Non-member: “Sorry, I have been blanking out.”

[!] The hall is now cleared of non-members.

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Ailred is a more recent military hero. Steelheart. Though I think it best that we shy away from the noble families. Such orders should be the aspiration of any common man, no?”

Wilheim Barclay: “You make a good observation, Herzen Ruthern. - Does what you're holding contain suggestions of your own, Bossir Bishop?”

Aurik Bishop: “No. Merely something for my son.”

Emma Ludovar: “I tend to agree with the Herzen var Ruthern here. We should shy away from noble names and look towards commoners who have made a name for themselves in these feats.”

Audo Weiss: “The order is for anyone to achieve rank in but the use of commoners may be more favourable. However, having an achievement for military honour seems to undermine the point of it being for non-militant civilians.”

Bishop Iosif: “The Buck Dirtgrub Order of Military Honours. These are three seperate orders, Lord Weiss. That one is specifically for military honours.”

Felix Weiss: “He means that it is a civil order of military honours.” He said. “Bit confusing, considering those two things are opposites.”

Wilheim Barclay: “I believe it is just a civil order as the title granted by it is a civil one, rather than a military one granted by the Order of the crow or Marian Order, yes. But, do we have any further suggestions by present members? We have yet to hear any other names put forward for the Civil Order of Merit?”

Felix Weiss: “In my time here the only person I knew that would display great merit would have been the late Johanna Barclay. But if the objective is to stray from nobility, then perhaps not.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Why not Celestine? Of the NGS.”

[!] A distressed child then walks into the hall, detailing a large spider attacking a group of children. Gradually, Bossier Weiss, Military Tribune Weiss, Representative de Pelear, and Bossir Bishop leave the sitting to assist, leading to a number of present members below quorum.

Bishop Iosif: “Celestine of the NGS oversaw the most stagnation the society and museum ever saw.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Who then, Bishop Iosif?”

Emma Ludovar: “I believe Gustaf Sigismund could also be a consideration for the order of the Arts.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “We no longer have quorum, Excellency.”

Wilheim Barclay: “It appears that with the departure of Representative de Pelear, Bossir Weiss, Military Tribune Weiss, and Bossir Bishop, we are below quorum, indeed. Duma shall have to come to an end.”

Bishop Iosif: “Shall we postpone this topic until next time?”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Wise, I think.”

Bishop Iosif: “I will prepare a shortlist of suitable alternative names for the orders in the meantime.”

Wilheim Barclay: “A good idea, Lord Palatine. We shall continue this discussion at the next sitting. Duma dismissed.”

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 465 SITTING

On this 3rd of Vzmey ag Hyff, 466 E.S.

Session held on 12th of Joma ag Umund, 465 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzenas Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Representative Barclay

Komitas Ludovar

Representative Colborn

Representative de Pelear

Representative Godunov

Bossir Weiss

Military Tribune Weiss

Lord Palatine Basrid

Royal Treasurer Barclay (summoned)

IN ABSENTIA

Komit Kortrevich

Bossir Bishop

Wilheim Barclay: “Right! Let's get going, then. The third sitting of the forty-fourth session of His Majesty's Royal Duma shall begin. 10 in attendance and 3 absent, Quorum is achieved. - We shall start with the summons of the Royal Treasurer. Your Excellency, stand before the Duma Hall, please.”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “MY LORD SON, I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED, AND SO HAVE I COME BEFORE THIS VENERABLE ASSEMBLY!”

Wilheim Barclay: “Thank you. We shall begin with the questions Royal Inquisitor Gant presented me with to ask in his place. Your Excellency - what is the status of the Crown’s coffers? Would you say they are in good shape? - Present members, feel free to follow up any answers given with questions of your own - my station forbids me from doing so.”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “WELL, AH, MY LORD SON, WE, AH, HAVE AN EXCESS OF ONE-HUNDRED MINA. - ONE-HUNDRED THOUSAND, THAT IS!”

Wilheim Barclay: “Any follow up questions from the seats? - No? Very well. Question Two - What are some successes you've seen so far in your tenure?”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “WELL, MY LORD SON, I HAVE ENCOUNTERED A MOST PECULIAR ECONOMIC FOE IN THE FORM OF THE ACCURSED VAMPIRES.”

Patriarch Iosif: “Suppose that answers question three as well then.”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “I, MY LORD SON, HAVE WEAPONISED OUR WEALTH!” He clenched a fist. “I HAVE AMASSED THE MOST PROLIFIC BANE OF THE BLOODSUCKERS, AND ARMOURED OUR CAPITAL IN IT. WITH THE GREAT GARLIC EDICT IN EFFECT, NO DARKSPAWN SHALL REACH US HERE. IT IS MY HOPE TO INCENTIVISE CARPENTERS TO DISTRIBUTE ANTI-VAMPIRIC STAKES NEXT, FOR CITIZENS TO CARRY.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Right. Question Three - What are some failures or concerns you’ve seen so far in your tenure, besides the increase in vampiric presence?”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “FAILURES?! NARY A ONE, MY LORD SON. THE VAMPIRIC ATTACK ON THE KRUSEV ROAD LAST MONTH IS BUT PROOF THEY ARE POWERLESS IN THE CITY, AND TAKE REVENGE ON THE COUNTRYSIDE.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Question Four - Would you say the expansion under the former king was overall beneficial to the treasury? Has the expansion of houses brought in more money and people living here according to our records?”

Duma Spectator 1: “I’m an alchemist. I know the cure to Vampyric plague!”

Wilheim Barclay: “Ah, good! Speak to the Treasurer after the sitting has concluded then.”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “UNDERSTAND, MY NOBLE SON, THAT THE EXPANSION OF THE CITY WAS NO CHEAP ENDEAVOUR. IT IS MY MOST LEARNED OPINION THAT THE COFFERS HAVE YET TO RECOVER, THOUGH  THERE IS NO GREAT DEFICIT.”

Duma Spectator 2: “THE ONLY CURE IS DEATH!”

Patriarch Iosif: “Do we know approximately when the coffers will recover from such? Should there be no unforeseen costs that is.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Quiet from the stands, also!”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “AT THE PRESENT RATE?”

Patriarch Iosif: “Mhm.”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “PERHAPS SIXTEEN, SEVENTEEN YEARS? UNDERSTAND, NOBLE SON, THE COFFERS WERE OF SUBSTANTIAL SIZE WHEN HIS MAJESTY KING KARL, GOD KEEP HIM, PAID HIS LABOURERS.”

Patriarch Iosif: “And we still have a very acceptable level. God is good. What was the next question, Lord Speaker?”

Wilheim Barclay: “Question Five - What are your long-term plans for the office? Do you think there are areas to improve and how do you plan on doing such?”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “HUZZAH!” MY SON, YOUR QUESTION INVITES ONE OF MY OWN, FOR I HAVE BROUGHT A PETITION BEFORE THIS ESTEEMED ASSEMBLY.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Very well, present it before the gathered members.”

[!] The Royal Treasurer handed the Lord Speaker a document, which the Lord Speaker read in silence.

Wilheim Barclay: “Of course. We shall discuss it after the following bill, assuming no one has any further questions for His Excellency? - It seems no questions are wishing to be asked. Thank you for your time,Your Excellency. Du may go now.”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “VERILY! MY THANKS, NOBLE SON! GOD KEEP THIS WISE ASSEMBLY!”

[!] The Royal Treasurer leaves, though not before stumbling and almost crushing the High Seneschal and the heir to Venzia.

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “GAH! YOUR EXCELLENCY!”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “SINCEREST APOLOGIES!”

Patriarch Iosif: “Drats.”

Wilheim Barclay: “The Royal Duma shall now discuss the 'Amendment to the Book of Honour Act of 465 ES', penned by the Weiss pair. Whichever of the pair wishes to do so may present the bill.”

Felix Weiss: “Your time to shine, my boy.”

Audo Weiss: “Yes. The bill today will aim only to change the age at which crimes can become punishable within the extent of the law to any given individual, moving the age of individual liability down from 16 to 12. At the present time, it has come to the notice of many that the influx of children has resulted in a decline of discipline which oft goes uncorrected. By reducing the age, we would move more power into the hands of our grand institutions to deal with any criminal behaviour.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Was that all, Military Tribune Weiss?”

Audo Weiss: “Yes, Lord Speaker. The bill itself is rather self-explanatory.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Thank you - we shall begin ein unmoderated debate.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “I myself have witnessed these children running riot, even interrupting military exercise, the last of which near caused the death of the Viscount Colborn.”

Francisco Javier de Pelear: “Simply put it seems rather wrong for a child of twelve to be arrested for a crime, especially one that is not a big problem, perhaps the theft of a pen. Perhaps a clause should be put in to explain that this affects only more grievous crimes.”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “The attack that left Viscount Colborn injured was of a third party that seemingly turned on the BSK forces, not a result of the foreign army at the top of the hill.”

Duma Spectator 2: “I was there! There were about ten children getting in the way! If it was not for your meddling, we could've handled it!”

Audo Weiss: “If I may, you cannot unroot a large problem by allowing small behaviours to slide. With the current extent of the issue, ea would highly recommend that all criminal behaviours be treated as what they are - criminal.”

Emma Ludovar: “I do agree that children from an age of 12 should not be without punishment. However, certain methods such as execution or imprisonment do seem a bit harsh.”

Duma Spectator 2: “WRONG!”

Wilheim Barclay: “QUIET FROM THE STANDS! One more interruption and you will be escorted out!”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “None wish to see our realm's youth languishing in Brotherhood cells, but steps must be taken.”

Francisco Javier de Pelear: “I disagree, allowing a child to make simple mistakes is natural, should one of my children make such a mistake I would deal with it myself. Should they interrupt a military exercise that is something entirely different.”

Wolfgang de Vilain: “I'd much rather not see a child hung for a silly mistake, though more punishment is needed.”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “I agree that there are punishments that should be served from the ages proposed today and upwards. But it does make sense that the punishment varies based on the crime and age of the criminal.”

Roslin Baruch: “The children of Haense have been obstructing government and military business, and often cause greater harm to a situation than not. Their parents do little to prevent such behaviour, so why not allow the law to correct them? If you see a child be forced to serve even the littlest of sentences for their CRIMES, such as owing debts to those they do wrong, then they will feel obligated to change.”

Felix Weiss: “Out of the previous ten criminal incidents within the city, five were done exclusively by children. That is half of the crime being committed in the city that we legally can not answer to. Breaking windows, using a ******* flash bomb on one of my men in the BSK, disruption, and vandalism. These are serious crimes.”

Patriarch Iosif: “This is why I didn't have any. This right here.”

Emma Ludovar: “Perhaps execution or imprisonment could be avoided. How would one feel about a behavioural centre, of sorts?”

Josefina Barclay: “I agree that the age should be lowered, but perhaps instead of punishing a child of twelve under the fullest extent of the law, an array of mitigated punishments based on age be decided, so whilst they would not have entirely too severe punishments, they would indeed still be punished. No one wants to see a child hung.”

Wolfgang de Vilain: “Half the crime done by children. Where are the Ferrymen!”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “As is already the case in our Courts, all circumstance is accounted for.”

Roslin Baruch: “Nobody has spoken of a child hanging. They have spoken about penance for their CRIMINAL activity.”

Patriarch Iosif: “A re-education centre. That sounds lovely.”

Duma Spectator 2: “THE DUNGEON!”

Roslin Baruch: “Who would manage a child behavioural facility? We do not even have a functional educational system.”

Audo Weiss: “As with the current state of things, petty thievery does not constitute an execution. I would remind all that the bill did not aim to shift what is defined as punishment under the law, only make it applicable to younger ages. An entirely different bill would be required to re-define punishment.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “To speak of limitations on punishment is redundant, such already rests on the Justiciars.”

Francisco Javier de Pelear: “Then deal with the serious crimes. My point is that those should be dealt with, but you should also remember that these children shouldn't be punished for mistakes. This should be written with the intent of rehabilitation, seeing as the children are our future.”

Josefina Barclay: “The Church, perhaps?”

Wolfgang de Vilain: “Do we have the people to offer rehabilitation..?”

Duma Spectator 2: “PERHAPS YE SHOULD BEAT YER CHILDREN, ADULTS OF HAENSE!”

Francisco Javier de Pelear: “If we don't have the people to offer rehabilitation, why alienate the youth?”

Felix Weiss: “Yes. No one wants to hang a child. But if one commits assault or vandalism, they should be held responsible for their actions! A twelve year old should know that it is wrong to throw a rock into someone's window. If they do not, then their parents have failed them, and it is time for the state to step in and issue corrective action.”

Roslin Baruch: “Or, just force the children to repent and offer their services in exchange for petty crimes, and severe punishment for assault and the like. You would not send a sixteen year old to the church for assault, you'd punish them with the law.”

Wolfgang de Vilain: “Make them pickup trash!”

Wilheim Barclay: “Guard, escort the lad out of the hall.”

[!] The spectator is escorted out of the hall.

Emma Ludovar: “Mistakes are one thing. Vandalising and breaking and entering should be punished.”

Roslin Baruch: “Yes, I agree with Lady Ludovar.”

Patriarch Iosif: “Rehabilitation was a joke. They are children at the end of the day and will mature with time out of these impetuous antics.”

Francisco Javier de Pelear: “Yes, then why punish children, if they will simply mature.”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “Sending them to shadow under knights or clean the walls of the Church sounds like reasonable punishments for lesser crimes if a young child were to commit them.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “We are talking of crime. Petty mistakes are of no relevance.”

Felix Weiss: “Yes, but until then, if you break the King's windows, and assault the King's men, then you answer to the King's laws.”

Roslin Baruch: “Acts of criminal nature and obstruction of government affairs are not mere jokes. They should receive punishments. You would not reward a child with being graced by the Knight's presence for crimes.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “To serve The Order of the Crow should be an honour.”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “It is not gracing them with a Knight's presence. It is leaving it to the knight to determine that punishment.”

Roslin Baruch: “Or, allow the King and Courts to decide.”

Felix Weiss: “Well said. Yes, The Knights are where virtue is rewarded. They are not a daycare for spoiled brats.”

Patriarch Iosif: “I understand the need for punishments of some form for children who go well beyond the line of what is reasonable given their youth. Could we not change the age down as proposed and trust that our courts have the wisdom not to execute a child, hmm?”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Yes, regardless, the Duma does not decide how to punish criminality. Such is the domain of the Courts.”

Roslin Baruch: “If you worry that the courts would execute a child, then the courts are the issue. Not punishment.”

Emma Ludovar: “I would like to motion to vote then.”

Felix Weiss: “Yes! Seconded.”

Roslin Baruch: “Thirded.”

Audo Weiss: “Fourthed.”

Francisco Javier de Pelear: “Blatantly archaic views. This sort of legislation needs restrictions on it, you can't go around punishing children for every little misdeed via a trial.”

Wolfgang de Vilain: “Is Atilan Bishop still one of those court people?”

Patriarch Iosif: “No.”

Audo Weiss: “Nie.”

Josefina Barclay: “He is not.”

Wolfgang de Vilain: “Bah! I think the courts are fine then!”

Wilheim Barclay: “Very well. Moving to a vote for the 'Amendment to the Book of Honour Act of 465 E.S.’. Unmoderated debate has now ended.”

Vote for the Amendment to the Book of Honour Act of 465 E.S.

[Copy attached here]

YES

Herzenas Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Representative Barclay

Representative Ludovar

Vikomit Colborn

Bossir Weiss

Military Tribune Weiss

Lord Palatine Basrid

NO

Bossir de Pelear

Representative Godunov

ABSTAIN

The Amendment to the Book of Honour Act of 465 E.S. has passed (8-2-0)

The Bill was given royal assent immediately by the Crown, with the change that he who is under sixteen will be judged and punished proportionally to his age.

Wilheim Barclay: “Now, for ein bill presented to me by His Excellency, the Treasurer, during this sitting. The Merchant's Guild Bill'. Due to the suddenness of this bill, those present shall have a few Saint's Minutes to read and collect their opinions on the bill.”

Patriarch Iosif: “Is 'the Carrot' part of his legal name?”

Josefina Barclay: “Probably, Your Excellency.”

Wilheim Barclay: “When one is known by a certain style for so long, inevitably they'll embrace it, Lord Palatine.”

Patriarch Iosif: “I don't think I know his actual family name.”

Wilheim Barclay: “He was ein Alstreim at birth. - We shall now move to unmoderated debate.”

Duma Spectator 3: “As a merchant I have a fair question, will there be guild dues on top of taxes? And if we do not join the guild what are the consequences?”

Wilheim Barclay: “Is His Excellency present?”

Duma Spectator 3: “I don't see His Excellency...”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “It seems a wasted effort to discuss this without him.”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “I - AH, YES, NOBLE SON.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Would you by chance be available to devote a bit of your time towards this discussion? Bills are typically discussed only when their author is present.”

[!] Bossir de Pelear is replaced by a member of his family, referred to as Representative de Pelear in the following vote.

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “AHEM. YES, LORD SON.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Thank you. Feel free to sit amongst the members of the Duma if you wish.”

Patriarch Iosif: “I will ask the question on behalf of the person who called out from the stands and then my own. They asked if there would be additional taxes for being in the guild and what happens if they refuse to join said guild.”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “NO, MY PALATINE. THE BILL CLAIMS NO SUCH THING. I WOULD PETITION THE DUMA TO MANDATE ALL TRADESMEN TO JOIN, FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE BODY'S EFFECTIVENESS.”

Patriarch Iosif: “Or they may not trade in Haense? I am not making a judgement, just wishing to clarify for the people.”

Ser Vanhart Barlay: “THAT WOULD BE THE INTENT, PALATINE. THE BODY WILL BE ILL-SUITED TO REGULATE TRADE OTHERWISE.”

Patriarch Iosif: “Mhm, mhm. I will let others ask questions before asking another.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Shall members of the Guild be permitted to trade outside the realm?”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “THEY SHALL, LORD.”

Emma Ludovar: “What of merchants of other nations who want to trade within our borders?”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “THEY WOULD REQUIRE TO JOIN.”

Duma Spectator 3: “I see. one more question from me, what are the incentives mentioned as well as the 'trading rights'? Will I be allowed to be the only fortune teller or is there something I am misunderstanding?”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “'TIS A MATTER TO BE DEFINED THROUGH DISCUSSION AMONG THE GUILD, BUT YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK.”

Patriarch Iosif: “Just at the end here you mention 'Resolutions'. Speaking by them, delivery by them, and vote on them. What are Resolutions?”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “VERILY, PALATINE. SIMPLY CONCENSUS. ADVISE. SO ON AND SO FORTH.”

Patriarch Iosif: “Ah I thought so. I've no more questions.”

Josefina Barclay: “Would members of said guild have a way to prove so to the stewardry?”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “HOW DO YOU MEAN, LADY DAUGHTER?”

Patriarch Iosif: “Presumably certificates or a badge of sorts containing the Treasurer's seal would suffice.”

Josefina Barclay: “Indeed. It would be easier for my office and I if we had a way to keep track of members.”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “I DO THINK THAT NECESSARY, LADY DAUGHTER. I SEE NO NEED FOR IDENTIFICATION - 'TIS A MATTER I, AS LORD-TREASURER, CAN OVERSEE.”

Amity Ionna de Pelear: “Would your name need to be on the stewardry?”

Audo Weiss: “Would you allow the membership of those who hold stalls? If I recall, when you wanted to meet with traders you only listed owners of shops, yet stalls are the most frequented venue of commerce.”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “NAME ON THE STEWARDRY, LADY? ALL MERCHANTS ARE DOCUMENTED BY MY LADY DAUGHTER IN THAT REGARD ALREADY.”

Josefina Barclay: “I would still like a list, or something of the sort, in case evictions must go through, or if taxes are brought up by the guild.”

Amity Ionna de Pelear: “Not entirely.”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “ADMITTEDLY, LADY, I HAD ORIGINALLY THOUGHT TO OMIT MERE STALLS, BUT NOW I THINK IT PRUDENT TO DISCUSS THIS AMONG THE GUILD, IF FORMED.”

Audo Weiss: “I - I’m not a lady.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Would only individuals join in Guild membership? Might I register a trading company?”

Amity Ionna de Pelear: “What if a shop is owned by multiple people? Would that multiple be within the guild then?”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “I THINK IT FAIR IF A TRADING COMPANY ELECT A REPRESENTATIVE, MY LORD AND LADY. AS IS, PROPERTIES ARE REGISTERED UNDER A PRIMARY OWNER, AND SO I WOULD PROPOSE THE SAME SYSTEM.”

Patriarch Iosif: “If we've no more questions? I motion to vote.”

Ser Vanhart Barclay: “BY WAY OF FINAL REMARK, MY LORDS. TIS MY INTENT AS TREASURER, THROUGH THIS BODY, TO END CONSTANT UNDERCUTTING, TO RESTORE TRUE PRICES, TO PUNISH SLOTHFUL MERCHANTS, AND NURTURE INDUSTRIES.”

Felix Weiss: “Seconded.”

Audo Weiss: “Thirded.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Thank you once again, Your Excellency, for your time. You are no longer required and are free to leave the hall if you wish. We shall move to a vote on the 'Merchants' Guild Bill' of 465 E.S.”

Vote for the Merchants' Guild Bill of 465 E.S.

[Copy attached here]

YES

Herzenas Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Representative Barclay

Vikomit Colborn

Bossir de Pelear

Representative Godunov

Bossir Weiss

Military Tribune Weiss

Lord Palatine Basrid

NO

Representative Ludovar

ABSTAIN

The Merchants’ Guild Bill of 465 E.S. has passed (9-1-0)

The Bill was given royal assent immediately by the Crown.

Wilheim Barclay: “Very well. Do those gathered have it in them for one more matter? The Lady Justiciar requested the Duma discuss the nomination of Lord Haus Weiss as a Royal Jovenaar, though I understand it is getting quite late.”

Amity Ionna de Pelear: “This should not take too much longer though, si?”

[!] Two of the sitting members, namely Representative Barclay and Representative Colborn, whether due to sleep deprivation or otherwise, begin to have a bare-fist brawl within the hall.

Wilheim Barclay: “Seeing as two of the members have gone insane and have started beating each other, I shall assume it is too late to continue. The nomination of Lord Haus Weiss will be the first matter discussed at the next sitting. Duma dismissed.”

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 469 SITTING

On this 7th of Jula ag Piov, 470 E.S.

Session held on 12th of Tov ag Yermey, 469 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzenas Baruch (late)

Herzen Ruthern

Representative Barclay

Representative  Kortrevich

Representative Colborn

Representative Weiss

Representative de Pelear (late)

Bossir Bishop

Representative Godunov

Military Tribune Weiss

Lord Palatine Basrid

IN ABSENTIA

Komitas Ludovar

Wilheim Barclay: “Right. Let's get this shite started. The fourth sitting of the forty-fourth session of His Majesty's Royal Duma shall now start! Quorum has been achieved.” - “We shall start with the only bill for today, Lord Handler Weiss' 'Propose City Ordinance' Bill of 468 E.S. The Lord Handler may start the discussion, if he wishes to do so.”

Felix Weiss: “Ai! Though, I prefer the 'Keep Calm and Carrion' Act. “Fellow good and noble peers and members of the Duma! This bill is quite simple, and aims to make our beloved drink, Carrion Black, accessible to everyone, which will encourage patronage to the tavern, and of course give every man and woman a chance to enjoy one of the finest parts of our way of life! Spasibo.”

Wilheim Barclay: “The hall is now open to unmoderated debate.”

Josefina Barclay: “Why does this need to be made into law? Vy could certainly accomplish the same thing vyr proposing by discussing it with the tavern staff.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “There is no mention of a law change here, 'tis only a civil agreement.”

Josefina Barclay: “Ah, yes. But still. The same thing could be accomplished through speaking with the tavern staff without putting it through Duma.”

Felix Weiss: “It's more of a cultural acknowledgement rather than the policy of a building. It is a proposed civil ordinance, therefore must go to the Duma as we have nie sitting Maer. Unless my tomes are outdated.”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “I suppose it comes down to how much carrion black comes in, and how much coin is made off of it, Lord Palatine. We do sell quite a lot of it daily.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Such is my understanding, Representative Weiss.”

Patriarch Iosif: “I have no qualms with the intention but I will say that this is easy enough while I myself am the proprietor of the tavern on the main square. The majority of the time the tavern has not been run directly by the government and indeed there have been multiple establishments that sell the drink. Which is to provide one free everyday or is every such place to serve a free one daily?”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “While the tavern remains state owned, I see no issue - As we have all been made aware, the treasury is overflowing.”

Patriarch Iosif: “I in fact do quite often give away drinks free-of-charge and take the price upon my own coffers; I do happily I might add.”

Felix Weiss: “Ah, the intention is that the state run tavern would be the one to fall under this ordinance specifically, as it is run at the pleasure of the Koeng.”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “Often the drinks are given away free of charge. I've no trouble with giving away a mug a day.”

Patriarch Iosif: “And when it is inevitably not? I've no issue doing it now, I am merely asking in terms of the uncertain future of the tavern.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Such is a debate for the future, no? I see no good reason for the tavern ever to revert to private ownership, in truth.”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “If it is just a civil agreement, the future of the agreement when the tavern changes ownership can be discussed at that time.”

Felix Weiss: “Ai, of course.”

Patriarch Iosif: “So be it. I've no further issues at this time then.”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “Motion to vote.”

Aurik: “Seconded.”

Aleksandr Kortrevich: “Seconded.”

Wolfgang de Vilain: “Seconded. - Fourthed or something.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Very well. Unmoderated debate is over, and a vote shall begin.”

Vote for the Proposed City Ordinance Act of 468 E.S.

[Copy attached here]

YES

Herzen Ruthern

Vikomit Colborn

Representative Weiss

Bossir de Pelear

Bossir Bishop

Representative Godunov

Military Tribune Weiss

Lord Palatine Basrid

NO

ABSTAIN

Herzenas Baruch

Representative Barclay

The Proposed City Ordinance Act of 468 E.S. has passed (9-0-2)

Wilheim Barclay: “That was the only bill presented to me before this sitting, though does anyone have anything they may wish to bring up for discussion? Perhaps even just an announcement?” - “No? Very well. Duma dismissed.”

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 472 SITTING

On this 3rd of Wzuvar ag Byvca, 474 E.S.

Session held on 12th of Tov ag Yermey, 472 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Ruthern

Komitas Ludovar

Komit Kortrevich (represented)

Vikomit Colborn

Vikomit Weiss (represented)

Bossiras Godunov

Military Tribune Weiss

Lord Palatine Basrid

IN ABSENTIA

Herzenas Baruch

Herzen Barclay

Bossir de Pelear

Bossir Bishop

Wilheim Barclay: “Right, we'll make do with what we have. Duma is called into session, and the fifth sitting of the forty-fourth session of His Majesty's Royal Duma shall begin. Quorum is reached, and we will now take any nominations for the upcoming Civil Orders those present may have.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Shouldn't the first entrants to these orders be those they are named for, Lord Speaker?”

Patriarch Iosif: “No, the names for two of the Orders are people that lived hundreds of years ago. Ser Walton is the exception but I would say the fact the order is named after him displays more than merely being inducted into it.”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “I've two nominations I've considered.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “How far are we to look back for nominations, then? I think it’s poor practice to name those that yet serve.”

Patriarch Iosif: “We are aiming to only add people from no earlier than the reign of His Majesty Karl III.”

Henrik Ludovar: “I believe- the missive said, no one passed the reign of King Karl.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Yes, okay.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Indeed, and none who have already been inducted into the Order of Maya und the Lily.”

Patriarch Iosif: “Indeed.”

Alyona Godunov: “Who has been inducted into the order?”

Wilheim Barclay: “The Vikomit Colborn may introduce his nominations. -None officially, yet.”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “Firstly, Borris Kortrevich for the Wailer Order of Arts. Secondly, Felix Weiss for the Walton Order of the Unyielding. I know the Order of the Lily has not been updated in full, so forgive me if I name someone in it that I was not aware of.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Nor have the last several entrants to the Order of Maya been recorded. Borris is the last.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Sir Borris Kortrevih is ein Valtakossar - the last update to the Order. He does not qualify.”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “Forgive me then for the first nomination.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Forgiven. What do the rest of the hall have to say on the matter of Felix Weiss as ein induction into the Walton Order of the Unyielding?”

Felix Weiss: “Thank you, your Kariav.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “As good a man as any. What would vy say of his service, Vikomit Colborn?”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “Since I was young, it was quite evident no man stood beside his Majesty more on pressing matters than Felix Weiss. His dedication to fighting the Inferi - and serving in almost every conflict known to Haense during his life - are more than enough to  illuminate the unyielding efforts of the former Lord Marhsal, Felix Weiss.”

Felix Weiss: “Thank you once more, your kariav.”

Patriarch Iosif: “I think we are aware of the notable service of Lord Felix, do any object to presenting his name as a possible inductee?”

Wilheim Barclay: “Seems not. Very gutt. - Anymore nominations?”

Felix Weiss: “Ea have one.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Go ahead, Lord Handler.”

Felix Weiss: “Ea would like to nominate Her Grace, the Late Johanna Barclay to the Robertine Order of Merit. Her service to her Kongzem was unrivalled, either in her office, or in the battlefield. She gave me a job, and many others too when I first arrived. She saw people's strengths, adequately putting them in key administrative positions where they could flourish. Not only that, but the Palatial Office thrived under her tenure. It is true she gave up her own sanity in the end in dedication of her Kongzem, but even that is a good show of her dedication. Honestly, I could go on and on.”

Wilheim Barclay: “That's so real. Do any in the hall have any problems with such ein nomination?”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “I do.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Very well. - Elaborate on such for those in the hall, Herzen Ruthern.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “I do not deny the late Duchess's good service. But let us not imagine she accomplished much more than what was expected of her. To serve as Palatine is a position that requires much dedication, but there are many who have done such to grander acclaim.”

Felix Weiss: “Did you ever serve within her office as I did, Your Grace?”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “I did not. Though, I do recall a long period where that office sat empty.”

Audo Weiss: “Yet that was not her only role. She reinvented this city which is far more than most of her station achieve. And moreso, she did it without compromising her integrity, having competing allegiances and in a way that pleased.”

Felix Weiss: “If you did you would know that her contributions ran deeper than festivals and reforms. Yes, her office sat empty late into her tenure due to her failing mind. It is the fault of the Koeng that she was not relieved. I speak only of her accomplishments before her regrettable…mental condition.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Reinvented the city? Nonsense. With respect - ea might espouse the many virtues of any man or woman you did not personally serve under. That does not make it true.”

Felix Weiss: “Then I am afraid I must simply agree in your opposite direction, Your Grace.”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “Should we put it to a vote, perhaps?”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “As is your right. Though I have yet to hear any significant change she brought about.”

Audo Weiss:“The city streets are quite literally re-pathed because of her mind. And though I only knew her tenure in her later years, no palatine has matched her since. A vote is to be had.”

Felix Weiss: “Yes. I second a motion to vote.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Very well.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “That was much the work of the Prinzen Marius. Who came after her.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Motion to vote on Johanna Barclay being nominated for ein induction into the Robertine Order of Merit.”

Vote for the Nomination of Johanna Barclay as an Inductee into the Robertine Order of Merit

YES

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Colborn

Representative Weiss

Military Tribune Weiss

NO

Herzen Ruthern

ABSTAIN

Komit Ludovar

Bossiras Godunov

Lord Palatine Basrid

The Nomination of Johanna Barclay as an Inductee into the Robertine Order of Merit

has passed (4-1-3)

Wilheim Barclay: “Any other potentially controversial nominations? We haven't long before a BSK expedition, so preferably one that may be controversial. The rest may be simply presented to myself or saved for later sitting.”

Carolus Ivan Colborn: “I've no more nominations for today.”

Patriarch Iosif: “That line of topic does bring me on to my next candidate though. The committee that began this thought I should ask about the potential admission of Lady Johanna's successor.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Prince Marius?”

Patriarch Iosif: “Prinzen Marius for his tenure, I'll be it a short one, as Lord Palatine and the construction of Karosgrad's newest expansion.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Let us not forget his later instigation of the war in Petra, Excellency. On balance, I think the scales even out.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Anything more to be said in Prince Marius' case?”

Patriarch Iosif: “Anyone for or against wish to put a comment in?”

Audo Weiss: “No. I think that bringing war to our doorstep is enough said, and how he was screaming and swearing with the Grand Princess in the square. Let alone, he barely showed his face during his tenure.”

Henrik Ludovar: “He showed his face quite a bit to the Duchess of Petra.”

Felix Weiss: “Mmm. The war did make it so that a Barbanov sits as consort of the Archduchy, though, no? Some wars can be advantageous to the Kongzem, even if they begin rotten.”

Audo Weiss: “Yet I daresay that's not what he intended, father.”

Felix Weiss: “Yes. True enough, son.”

Aleksandr var Ruthern: “Happenstance is hardly worthy of praise.”

Patriarch Iosif: “A vote then.”

Audo Weiss: “Seconded.”

Felix Weiss: “Yes, yes, yes, yes. I rescind my endorsement.”

Wilheim Barclay: “Indeed. Well, we shall wrap it up for now, though do feel free to present any nominations to me later on. Duma dismissed!”