Beyond The Wee: The Growth of the Halfling State ((MASS Halfling Recruitment Thread!))

Spoiler

leaves-divider-768x104.png&f=1&nofb=1&ip

2023-02-05_19.46.31.png

Mimosa Applefoot, Mayor of Bywater, stands on the roads of Bywater. She looks over Zidanna's observatory, the Cingedoz trading cart, and the Aurora Residence. Behind her lies the the Bywater Jungle, where brave Adventurers, big-folk and halfling alike, slew the Fire-Breathing Terror-Lizard that once threatened the village. She lies down against the grass, a quill in her hand, and begins to write:

"My Fellow Halflings.

It has been a long and arduous few years.

There are forces at work that seek to destroy us; to drown us against the waters, burn us against the flames, and corrupt our hearts and souls.

There are many who support us. Kind big-folks, be they small like us, or tall and green, or somewhere inbetween, come to Bywater to defeat Evil and defend us.
Against all the odds, we have prevailed. Our vision, our dream, our future of a peaceful shire where we can till the soil and reap its fruits has shown through.

2023-02-05_20.02.06.png
Not all is as it used to be, however. We are no longer a state merely of halflings, but of adventurers, of farmers, and of friends. We are not isolated any longer, and there are others on Almaris who share in our vision. With this in mind, I make a few key changes to the village:

FIRST:

Bywater is a village by and for halflings, but we need others to truly thrive! Like-minded big folks are to be welcomed and given homes in the far corners of Bywater (Where ol' Bogwartz now stands vacant) so they may trade with us and help keep us safe. At the same time, city-halflings must be brought to Bywater at an ever-increasing rate to fill all vacant burrows with life!

SECOND:

The Quest Office is to be expanded, and Adventurers from all over Almaris brought into Bywater to further protect us, obtaining glory and wealth for themselves in the process (as all adventurers ought to!).

THIRD:

Keeping with our old Republican Traditions that date back to Dunshire, the Second Election of Bywater will begin shortly! I will be running for my third term as Mayor, and others are welcome to run against me or for the position of Sheriff!

We have proven ourselves, and now we are to reap the fruits of our success!

-Mayor Mimosa Applefoot"

2023-02-04_17.11.58.png

And surely enough, as the sun rose over Bywater, a new feeling comes across the village. Not one of worry, or of fear, but of hope. The hope of a good life not just for one's self, but for all.

leaves-divider-768x104.png&f=1&nofb=1&ip

OOC:

Bywater has gone through a lot since it's formation. We were threatened with eviction at the hands of the staff over only hitting 0.8% activity, yet we have pulled through and now must look to the future.

We have active leadership as well as daily events. These will continue (obviously), but with renewed vigor. Unlike many LOTC communities, Bywater (and by proxy the halflings) is open to events and building by many people, not just our leadership. It is an ideal environment to grow comfortable with building and planning your own narratives on the server.

On top of this, there are some other benefits to playing a halfling and/or living in Bywater:

-No Taxes (ever!)

-You can build your own burrow (or cottage, or observatory, or anything really, we don't mind)

-Publicly provided and shared building materials via the Storage Burrow. No need to grind everything yourself (contributing is still encouraged!)

-An overall fun and friendly atmosphere

If you've ever wanted to make a halfling or live with halflings, now is the time to do so!

Here is a link to the Halfling Skin Archive (I WILL LITERALLY PAY FOR YOUR SKIN COMMISSION IF NONE OF THESE SKINS SUIT YOU): https://sites.google.com/view/skinarchive/home/halfling-skins?authuser=0

Here is a link to the Halfling Guide (Made by yours truly):

And, last but certainly not least, a link to the Halfling Discord: https://discord.gg/uXsA9wq

Here's how you get to Bywater in the first place: image.png

Topaz Mireburrow picks up a paper, scrunching her face as she reads...

"Ah, goo'ness... we're finally lettin' in more bigguns, huh? An' some expansions, too..." She smiles. "Abou' time we let in some friends a' ours. Maybe I'll even run fer mayor... wonder who the hell'd vote fer me. Be funny though... real funny." With this, she stashes away the paper, humming as she heads home, safe another day.

Spoiler

Willing to welcome and do some skin frankenstein-ing (with permission of course) for anyone wanting to join Bywater! Latter being at no charge, though forgive me if I lack the time. Can confirm we're a delightful community with a shocking amount of events- and the local leaders are ten-thousand times friendlier both IC and OOC than the last community I was in. I implore you at least come by on a character and give us a try- Halflingquest is really something if you're looking for alternative ways to combat, our slice-of-life events are a nice break for those with fighter characters, and we're always improving the town if you ever feel up for building. There's a little something for everyone!

Flour read a copy of the paper over taking in the words. When he finished reading it he would smile “Long live the stout but mighty halflings of Bywater!” He would exclaimed suddenly

*Dolly Peregrin would emerge from the tunnel leading to Bywater, smiling brightly as the village finally comes into view.*

"Le's see wha' t'ey 'ave been up ter." *she would say to herself, heading downward into the village to catch up with her old friends.*

Liam and Leon pass the note to each other attempting to discern what the funny letters are trying to say. They eventually give up and spy on someone reading another copy out loud.  A smile forms on both faces as they part ways, one taking a boat, and the other running through the travel hub to get to Bywater.