To Khaz’A’Dentrumm I Go [PK Post and Will]

Fishingrobyn

20th of the Deep Cold, Year 114 of the Second Age.

Bjorn lay on his bed, his beard knotted and cuffed with metal jewels. His long red hair braided and swept onto his chest. One hand rested on an axe, a beautiful design forged by an old friend in his early years. His other hand held a shiny ring that seemed to glow slightly. His wedding ring to Rathona. His chest did not move, nor his eyes. The dwarf had peacefully passed. He had felt it coming. Scattered around the floor were books the dwarf had written over the years, pages of drawings that his children had made while they were dwedki and a few empty bottles of Grandaxe Rum. A creation of his own. Bjorn had been through alot in his short dwarven life. Fighting in many wars, participating in multiple battles, the dwarf had earned the respect of his fellow dwedmar.  He was known as a successful Jewelerysmith and an even better Merchant. A brewer when he felt like it and a writer as his hobby. Though many in recent years would not know of him because his sickness kept him withdrawn from the community, the dwarf shared many close friends and relationships. Those dwedmar forging him into the person he was. On his bedside table next to the melted wax candle he’d lit before his death was a note. His last words and will to the dwarves of Urguan and his fellow kin within his Clan.

I have forged countless pieces, written never ending pages and sold ships worth of goods. But nothing has been as hard as this. I knew my life was coming to an end many stone months ago though I struggled to comprehend it. Though I have lived a difficult life, countless axes swinging towards me I have always found the light at the end of the tunnel. Now though, it is no longer a light. The Brathmordakin called for me, my wife by their side humming soft tunes enticing me. My time is now. To the dwarves that knew me, I hope you remember me as a kind dwarf. I tried where I could to help those in need. To those who don't know me, I hope some will one day tell you of my adventures. Though they may not be as grand as some, I have had my fair share. I would like to give a small message for some dwarves very dear to my heart, be them walking among you or feasting besides the Brathmordakin.

Astmar Grandaxe, my father. You didn’t even know I was alive until we first met. Didn’t know you had another son. But none the less you took me in like I had always been there. You helped teach me the ways of a dwarf, aided my hand with a bow and showed me the art of cooking. You were my first anchor within my own culture. Thank you.

Wulfgar Grandaxe, my kin. Wulfgar you were the first dwarf I met within the halls of the great dwarven hold. You showed me my true lineage and taught me of our clan's history. Without you I would have never known half of what I do now. I was able to follow your footsteps and teach those of our dwedki about our history. Thank you.

Brynaelda Grandaxe, my aunty. You were a mother to me. Coming to Urguan you hugged and fed me without me even asking it. Half the time I’d either have a mug of ale down my throat or a spoon of your broth stuffed into my mouth. You taught me to be kind, to help others be them dwarves or something else. You will forever be the most important dwarf in my life. Thank you.

Asvi Frostbeard, my first love and dear friend. Asvi you were a beautiful jewel among a sea of stone. I remember our first meeting on the beach of a fair, you were stabbing the water just after the Goldhand’s had declared their grudge to it. It didn’t take long for the roots to take hold and my love to form. Though you never told me if those feelings were mutual. You cared for me as a close friend either way. PS You still have to fix the marks you left at my house in Hefrumm. Asvi I have always loved you and always will. I hope you find peace wherever you are in the world. To you if you ever return I leave my axe, one of my most dearest possessions. It will remain with my children for the day you return. If that day comes. Enjoy living with the squirrels. Thank you.

Gorlim Ireheart, my dear friend. You were the first Ireheart I tolerated. We had our good times and bad. Doesn't mean I liked you. To you I leave a bottle of Grandaxe Rum so you can drink in my honour old friend. Thank you.

Dorimnur Goldhand, my mentor. I don’t know where you went Dorimnur. Though the rumor is you to entered the halls of the Brathmordakin. You taught me the skills of the forge and the ways of the merchant. I never knew if you looked to me as a friend but to me you were someone close. Wherever you are Dorimnur I hope you’re at peace. Thank you.

Garedyn Mossborn, my dear friend. Green Dragon as my daughter called you. You helped me in my darkness. You aided me in my worst. Though we didn't speak a lot, you were a great friend. I hope I offered you knowledge that aided you to being where you are today. You are a fine dwarf Garedyn, I know you will be great. Thank you.

Yazmorra Blackroot, my dear friend. Yazmorra, the most beautiful dwarf to ever live. To this day I still wonder if my father loved you or simply just liked to flirt with you. Thank you Yazmorra for all you taught me. For guiding me in the ways of the forest and always making me feel like an honorary forest dwarf even though I was not. I hope wherever you are that you take one long drag for me, toast to my honour with your horrible strong brews and pray that we meet again. Thank you.

Celeste’Tol Blackroot, my dear friend. You didn’t like me as a kid. You sided with Asvi all the time and when we fought you grew scared of me. Though in the years I was away I returned and you were a full dwarfess. You were beautiful. Though you had your scars you helped me heal my own. Celeste without you my life would have ended a lot sooner. I would not have had my children and married my amazing wife. Thank you.

Rathona Grandaxe, my wife. My love you have fell before me and I have not much to say. Though I will be by your side soon. You helped heal a broken dwarf and gave him a reason to live. You gave birth to our beautiful children and made me happy. I will see you soon my love. Thank you.

Eivor, Orvar, Ashla and Torvi Grandaxe, my children. You were all brats as dwedki. Well besides Ashla who always ran away to the forest. It has been an age since I have seen you all but I hope you all know I love you. You will all become great dwarves. To Eivor I leave 'Ekran Karrzark' or Little Thunder in dwarvish The crossbow made by my father once I had completed my trials. You have not been much of a hunter son, though this will piece armour well from the battlements. To Orvar I leave my Dagger of Grimdugan. A prized pocesson given to me by Dorimnur Goldhand. Maybe you look after it well my hard headed son. To Ashla I leave my bow. Something so dear to me it was made by Asvi Frostbeard as a gift. A token of our friendship. I have held onto it everyday since. Hoping that one day she would return and I could see her once more. You are a great hunter so I know you will use it well. To Torvi I leave my spell rings. Once gifted by Tahorran Divadri. An old teacher of mine and dear friend. It lets you teleport your group. The other a ring of instant snowball. Made by Falk Irongut. Children.. I love you all so much. Aneblla bless. Thank you.

Clan Grandaxe, my kin. There are many I have not written about. Agnar, Thumbrindal, Ursus, Levian’Tol, Lillian and more. I want you all to know that my time among this Clan has been amazing. I was born in Sutica though you never made me feel like an outsider dwarf, You are all amazing dwarves with so much strength. To the Clan I leave all my possessions that are not already given. To do with it as you choose. This is not the end. I will see you all once more. I have also spoken to those who will receive specific gifts from me. Thank you all.

All I have not mentioned. There are many I have left out, Torsun Goldhand, Brand Irongrinder, Norli Starbreaker to name but a few. Though I have not written a separate part for you I have cared for you all and apricate everything you have done for me and our kin. Thank you all.

Signed Bjorn Grandaxe
Son of Astmar, Grandson of Svardin. the Wolf-Scared, Elder of Clan Grandaxe and Former Grand Merchant / Armakak’s Coin of Urguan.

Family.jpg.ffa25ee84f12c07db097e5b5b3b2677f.jpg

Noteworthy battles and titles, 

Grand Merchant of Urguan / Armakak’s Coin  - The Snow's Maiden, 12 S.A. -  Malin's Welcome, 26 S.A.

Earned the title of Elder within the Grandaxe Clan - Unknown Year

Fought Oren in the “Tenth Nordling War” - 13th of the First Seed, 22 S.A. - 10th of the Deep Cold, 27 S.A.

Battles - "The Forest Interception" 16th of Snow's Maiden, 23 S.A.

Fought Oren in the “War of the Wigs” - 17th of the First Seed, 53 S.A. - 11th of Snow's Maiden, 72 S.A.

Battles - "Storming of Kal'Darakann" 24th of the Malin's Welcome, 53 S.A.

"Seige of Southbridge" 10th of Sun's Smile, 58 S.A. 

"Second Battle of the Stone Tower" 16th of the Deep Cold, 60 S.A.

Fought ‘The United Sovereign States of Almaris’ in the “Almaris Coalition War” - 10th of the Amber Cold, 83 S.A. - 85 S.A.

Battles - "The Slaughter of Acre" 11th of the First Seed, 84 S.A.

Fought in the final battle of “The Dark Harbour” in which Admiral Rutger von Drak, Lord of the Dark Harbour was killed. - 12th of Grand Harvest, 84 S.A.

[OOC] Bjorn has been my most loved character I have ever made before in any RPG, DnD ect. I truly fell in love with him and felt he was a part of me. Though his time was coming and I felt like it was right for him. He has been through tremendous struggles, tirelessly fighting his inner demons that seemed to chase him wherever he went. To all the dwarves seriously thank you so much for all the Roleplay. Everyone played an important role to him. To the dwarves I specially mentioned above. You are all amazing people, don't worry about what anyone else says you made me love LOTC and love playing Bjorn. To anyone interested in learning Bjorn’s story feel free to reach out to me in discord as I have 2000+ words written of his tales. They are long, I warn you lol.

Lastly, Bjorn Grandaxe. To you I leave all my memories of Lord of the Craft. All the good, bad and inbetween. You have been an amazing character that has honestly inspired me in so many ways though you were simply played through me. I don’t understand why you become so important or why I felt such a connection but it is your time to go. To Khaz’A’Dentrumm you go. I know the Brathmordakin will bid highly on you and may you find peace among them.

Garedyn was happy to have been there for Bjorn in his final moments, to hear his last wishes and to offer prayer to him as he departed from his world. "Ye were one o' teh first ah met, n' ye helped meh get meh start  in 'ere. I wouldnt beh were oi am without ye." He commented to himself, as he made arrangements for the funeral as per the instructions Bjorn gave him.

From high upon a mountain top, a cry could be heard, as the news of Bjorn Grandaxe's death reached Ursus. His tears forming a clean line through his dust covered face, his hood blowing off his head, revealing his raven black hair for the first time since he came to Urguan. "Bjorn. . ." He muttered "Yeh wereh alwais ah brot'er tu meh, one o' teh most respected Dwedmar a've ever met, 'nd well evah meet. May yeh legeceh leveh en" He went on, as he made his way to a blazing forge, grabbing a deep black ingot as he walked "T'es bladeh well beh en yeh 'onour, may et protect yeh en teh way entu K'az'a'DentrummHe prayed, before lifting his head, his eyes glowing a deep crimson, his once black beard now braided with what seemed to be streaks of red. "A' well carreh yeh en meh 'eart, always."

"Oi bareleh go' chance tae know yeh, buh th' kindness yeh showed when oi first came tae Urguan es unwavered. Oi will treasure th' trinket yeh gave meh fer life. Yeh will be bid on highleh- no' ah doubt," Ealisaid muttered to herself as she heard the news of the great Grandaxes passing.

((You were one of the first people I met when I started playing Ealisaid, and I thank you for being so welcoming!))

Gildroc Goldhand welcomes his old friend to feast in Khaz'a'Dentrumm, raising his tankard of ale.

Sigrun Ireheart drank in honour of one of the best legionnaires he had worked with

Ulfric’s head hung low, thoughts chaotically rolling around his head as he lived on, leaving more and more great friends, kin and hardworking citizens to the Halls of Khaz’A’Dentrumm before himself. 

He’d begin wondering now, if longevity was more a curse than a benefit these days, but would open a Grandaxe Rum in Bjorn’s honor all the same. 

Ulfar was working on something, carvings spread out all across the walls, the floor and the ceiling. Once the news had reached him of his friend Bjorn's passing, the Starbreaker simply worked in his silence, digging himself deeper into the hole of work. 

Though for a moment, he brought his hand up to touch the side of his face, a very old wound that Bjorn had treated nearly a human lifetime ago. The memory bringing too much weight to his shoulders, he stuffed himself back into his work.

Through a Goldhand visiting or by whatever means, the crippled dwarf had caught wind of the Grandaxe's passing. He writhed in physical pain until eventually washing it all away with a heavy drink and stimulants. Deliriously he declared "I remember this Grandaxe- yes this ONE, the one who I gave Armakak's Coin to. The one who visited me in Arichsdorf in a different timeline who saw but didn't want to admit it." He grumbled as he leaned back in his wheelchair. "But the last time we saw each other it was left on a terrible note. I hope YOU don't come to haunt me like every other dead dwed who 'ascended' to those halls above had done so." The rambling dwarf rolled his gold eyes, the vaults falling silent once more after his own voice had left it.

Thy.png

-+ Pictured Bjorn visiting Torsun in Arichsdorf +-

"Good-bye, Bjorn. A rare Grandaxe blessed by Armakak."

Astmar emerges from his mountain hovel, the cold wispy breeze billowing through his fiery peppered beard. Resting his weight on the eye of his axe like some sort of cane as he looks out across the mountainside. Running his right hand over his left forearm he unbuckles his bracer and exposes his brand of Dungrimm, with a gentle caress of the marking he begins thinking to himself, a sense of woe filling his being "Ah 'ave felt t'is 'fore, the 'ollowness. Nae Ka'az s'ould suffa deh loss of a dwedki.....least o' all prir o' em." He holds his face in his hand, loosing a mournful sigh as he struggles to maintain his stoicism. With a heavy breath and a tear clinging to the lip of his eyelid he exclaims quietly "Ye are in de 'alls o' deh Brath now ma son, may ye be guided teh de' 'alls o' Khaz'A'Dentrumm by Dungrimm an' welcomed wit' open arms and graced wit' a smile from de' Gods o' our wors'ip. " Resting both his hands atop on another, supporting his weight on his axe he hangs his head low. "Nae proudah 'ave ah been t'en to 'ave been yer Ka'az, we s'all meet again....per'aps soonah t'en ye may t'ink." He raises his head proudly, a tear trickling from his right eye onto the upper lip of a weakly pursed smile before returning inside the shelter of his mountain hovel.

Ashla strode out of the kingdom to the forests beyond Urguan's borders. She would remain there for some time stuck in her thoughts while she hunted. Her father traveled a lot but always provided for her and their family. "Anbella, please guide my father through his journey to the land above. Bless him for he has suffered more then one should." The dwarfess murmured beneath her breath. 

Asvi Frostbeard leaned her head back against the old oak she now called home and gazed through the dancing leaves above. She thought not for the first time of Khaz'a'Dentrumm and the people she had left behind on her journey, so many of them. A kind red-headed Grandaxe bloomed to mind, who had always smiled at her like she hung the stars. Thinking about what had been was painful, and what could have been, more so.

Drawing a hand over the sleeping squirrel on her lap, a denizen of Hefrumm she had stolen away with, she wondered where Bjorn was now. She pictured with blurred memory his cottage, still adorned with scars of her axe, and a warm hearth. There were new shapes moving about. Children, the wife he deserved. The little ones had his fervent hair, smiles the same ferocity as his as they proudly showed their catches.

Or maybe the coals had gone cold. Perhaps years ago, perhaps even today.

She shook her head, stilled a shaking hand which had stirred the now-chittering squirrel in it's restlessness, and willed with a deep breath that those memories unwind their thorns.

Hope bloomed in their stead, that wherever Bjorn was now, he had found happiness.

The news reached Dhaen Grandaxe long after her city and forest-dwelling brethren received it and had fittingly mourned the life of Bjorn Grandaxe in funerary tradition. Her work tilling soil on the mountainous slopes of her home and tending the ever flickering hearth ever-present at the forefront of her mind.

There was a certainty, a warmth in her heart, at the news. Oft the dwarven people were quick to associate the embrace of Dungrimm as a cold one. The gates of Khaz'a'Dentrumm too chill to the touch. The auction too distant, too ethereal.

However, change was not always bad, even in death.

She read each word of his letter addressed to her clan with loving gaze, proud to hear of the bonds Bjorn had forged and the various paths of life he had walked. Dhaen would always treasure memories of their late night talks and witnessing the flourishing of his family.

He had done the extraordinary for their kind. Bjorn had lived life as he wanted, skilled in his craft, beloved by all, family at his side. A life truly fulfilled. 

There was no better time to go.

[OOC: What a charming and charismatic character Bjorn was! I won't forget our empty-city shenanigans! Best of luck in your future work~]