[✗] [World Lore] - The Berradonnis Province

simpleglitchbro

Name and Location

The Berradonnis Province is a seperate continent located in the waters around Almaris. This area can be accessed by people, mainly by ship, but Wayfinding Portal as well.

Geography

Berradonnis has a very diverse set of landscapes, from the desert city of Catalonis, to the underground caverns of Trazzik Zenerin. The continent is known for including mainly Humans and Elves, with the smaller cities having more diversity in comparison to the two large cities, Veriden and Savarma. Veriden's layout is very utilitarian, populated almost exclusively by humans, it works efficiently and like a well oiled machine. Savarma, which is almost exclusively elves, has a much more disney kingdom-esque vibe, with extravagant palaces reaching towards the skies. 

Civilization

The civilization of Berradonnis is beginning to patch up its centuries worth of bad blood within itself, but the process is slow, and the divide between Veriden and Savarma can be felt everywhere you go there. Veriden, the city of science and understanding, split off from Savarma early on in their developments in an effort to pursue science. Tensions were low until a terrorist group called The Magic Hats began antagonizing Veriden, in an effort to provoke their anger against Savarma. Because of these tensions, anyone raised in Berradonnis was either raised by a Veridenian family, and would likely have had a rough childhood composed of high expectations. Savarman's lives will likely have been full of enchantment and wonder, most of them usually take roles in formal diplomatic positions.

History

The history of Berradonnis is one built on the divide between Veriden and Savarma, and as such, a bit of it has been covered in the Civilization section. However, recently they have begun to unite as one nation together, in an attempt to build a stronger civilization. As part of the restructure, they went from a monarchy to a noble democracy. The nation is led by a council of noble families, and each of them were appointed due to their actions during the conflict. As well as this, each nation was appointed a "Lordstone", a gemstone to symbolize them and their rule. These Lordstones also apply to those born into service of these families, effectively marking them from birth as either nobility, or a servant to nobility.

Purpose

Berradonnis is a tweaked version of the setting that was created through a DnD 5e campaign, with aspects of it and its history changed to fit the lore of LOTC. My personal character was always from this continent, and because of this I outlined a large chunk of its culture in my head. I began committing it to a WorldAnvil page with the intent to post it here so that way somebody who is interested in the origin could use it as one. Descendants from Berradonnis have an upbringing that can be a mix of magic and scientific cultures, and such can enter the world with a very neutral and unbiased perspective.

Citations

Spoiler

https://www.worldanvil.com/w/berradonnis-28lotc29-simpleglitchbro

This is the WorldAnvil page for Berradonnis. It is still WIP, and will be updated over time by me. Anything on this WorldAnvil page is intended lore for Berradonnis, but none of it will be canon until a lore application gets accepted, and if this initial one is accepted, then I will begin to post chunks of Berradonnis lore for approval.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.