Tha Harath Gord Ka'az

Terry

THA HARATH GORD KA’AZ

“I’m Coming Home Father.”

GlvwPXNXk_GJVbCirKUlNlX24G_7ll72eLMq57sDWL1rLjZAxAQHt57vLWs_1mCSsoE6lAnsUyeDCuWmvbU0K77Y6_UwNHeJ7Jl44BCihuHFUzM5Te5-iOzt-D2gijVWB9CPY4z4M7oWzEpiK0Z3yBs

Ulfric, standing atop the mountainous ranges of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan, SA 111

In all his life, Ulfric had never been as big a mess than he was now.

The loss of Khron’Hundmar, disappearance of close friends and family, the attack of the Undead Dragon in Balian and the state of his clan… all weighed heavily on his mind. Had it not been for the support and care of one or two select individuals, it would be safe to say that Ulfric might’ve gone mad.

Even so, the brief return of his grandfather helped ease the mess that was his state of mind. A return to old times, simpler times. Filled of laughs, of family, of duty, a time where things just made sense, where Ulfric didn’t have to worry for he knew he had support no matter where he turned.

But alas, this brief return was, in fact, brief, and for all the reasons Ulfric suppressed, for reasons he pushed aside, for reasons he knew were to come eventually whether he liked it or not.

The reunion had gone as all reunions go between two close members of family that’d been separated.  Hugs, laughs, quips of graying hair and reminiscing. Things of which Ulfric needed, things he missed. But the mood changed, the moment Azkel offered Ulfric his staff.

I remembeh Rhewen, an’ his old cavern home. Eht is yer toime teh carreh on his memoreh and legaceh.

For what felt like eternity, Ulfric stood. He gripped the staff carefully, feeling like even the slightest movement could shatter it, before he’d gaze to his grandfather with a resolute nod. It was from here that Azkel led Ulfric to Ulfric’s home, where Azkel passed his belongings on, from one generation to the next, even that of his most prized.

From this point on a feeling of… melancholy, took hold of Ulfric. He was happy to see his grandfather, back and smiling and chuckling and reminiscing, but something gnawed at him, something he did not dare bring up for even he was reveling in his grandfather’s smiles and didn’t dare to end it prematurely.

ZX5bT2-PWAOjf7nGUmWdq5HkgKql7FGeuwvN_hFmMCvMn_wZOPJRW1v0hsYe6ym8UdkUFAoM_UZVizxekP3BmsGDCFcnZOrJjfiLjZxbVsrfDP-3WriM__nGPYra9TiHSSQZNlruIQYX0F_x3PgTJcY

But ended, it did. Not a moment or so after the chuckling and reminiscing died down, did his grandfather speak to him again.

“Ulfric, wannae take eh walk wi’ meh befer moi departure?”

Ulfric would oblige, reluctantly, and off they went to Tal’Rhewenholm, home of the Frostbeards. They would travel to the top of the ridgeline, to the funeral pyre where Rhewen ‘Papa Bear’ Frostbeard himself, Azkel’s father and Ulfric’s great-grandfather, was sent off to the Halls of Khaz’A’Dentrumm.

It was here they sat and spoke for awhile about times past and present. Of the clan, of it’s teachings, of the Kingdom and they’re time together leading it, of Rhewen, and all that they’ve experienced since. Though out of all that was said, one thing Azkel spoke to him stuck.

“As Rhewen once spoke teh meh oi now speak teh yeh… It is your turn. Take wo' yeh have learned and add teh eht, yeht neveh tarnish deh historeh of deh Clan. Deh greatest  theng aneh Frostbeard can deh is simpleh continue. Nae hardships will matteh sae long as our teachings survoive.”

Soon after this, would the conversation near it’s end. Ulfric would ask the one question he wished to avoid asking.

“So… w'at will yeh do now? O'I know yeh said yeh'd go back teh meditatin' where Rhewen once did, but es t'at all? Will o'I eveh see yeh ag'in?”

All because he knew the answer.

“Oi think this spot is as good as aneh teh rest moi eyes… Oi will alwehs beh wi' yeh, jus' as Rhewen has been wi' deh both ehf us. Yeh have learned everething dere is teh learn frum Rhewen en oi. Eht is up teh yeh fer wo' yeh believe is best teh come next.”

It was here that Ulfric would gaze up, the beginnings of rain starting to hit his face. He knew what Azkel had meant, even if he tried to tell himself otherwise countless times before. He'd look to his grandfather, offering a smile again, though this one less beaming than the last. 

“O'I seh. Thank yeh, Azkel… fer everythin'. Et's because ov yeh an' Rhewen t'at o'I'm teh dwed o'I am, an' o'I will alwehs remembeh t'at. O'I'll do everythin' in meh power teh ensure t'at who comes next es wortheh, o'I promise.”

It was here that Azkel would remove his bear pelt, one of the few times in his life he’d ever done so, as he went to lay his head back, closing his eyes to be drenched by the downpour.

“Oi do love deh rain…” 

He’d say, before uttering his last words at a whisper, his breathing slowing as he would seem to fall asleep, and as the minutes went by, would continue to do so… until eventually stopping.

“Tha harath gord ka’az…”

VKvEvtbXXeexfsZv2RXw44YgRWgPDxOTairBObAAgXaH9ldEJ6EOm9CJ9rV4zKULMmnWjTb0kq2gqn5cRhrTu7WiwJbVbGYDF03IbcDR5nLKZsWr-kkGD7PEhThWTZD3hOUWJImfD1u6APtSivv0IBY

Ulfric, sitting alone-now, atop the ranges of Tal’Rhewenholm, SA 112

To my fellow Dwedmar,

With a heavy weight upon my heart, do I regret to announce the passing of Azkel ‘The Scholar’ Frostbeard, on the 14th of The Amber Cold, SA 112. 

I’ll admit, it took me a long time to write this, too long, infact. I could not find the right words to say… and truthfully, for once in my life I still cannot. There is so much I wish to say, but to write it out would mean confronting what had happened, and I don’t think I’m ready for that, not for awhile at least.

Azkel lived a very long life, like his father, Rhewen. Not all of it pretty, and in the end, forgotten as he may have become, I’m beyond happy to have had the time I did with him, to learn from him, from the both of them. 

When I returned to Urguan all those years ago, I was lost. The Clan I had left all those years before, all but nonexistant. Many an eyebrow was raised when I returned, for not many within the halls of our grand city thought a Frostbeard would return, and from there, it only got worse. I had no inkling of how to run a clan, no idea where to start. A recruiter I was not, still not, to this day.

But then, one day, I recall being invited to the tavern. I remember rounding the corner… and there he was. Azkel, the dwedmar who would turn me into who I am today. From that point on, it was a rush. I recall Rhewen returning, and from there, so to did others of the clan, of both sides. Ulrah or not, we came together.

I still recall all the clan meetings, of seeing all of us in one room together. If I had to choose, that would be my greatest memory from then. Ferek, Asvi, Bharus, Nardor, Ajax and Bojakk and many more... all of us, together. All thanks to the luck I had for both Azkel and Rhewen to reappear when I, and the clan, needed them most.

Given all this though, Azkel never was the most liked. The Kaz’Ulrah Frostbeards, the Irehearts during my reign, such and so forth, all had their reasons, but one cannot deny the work Azkel had done. Of the Remembrancer Guild, of it’s library, of serving our nation as Lord Chancellor despite the dismay of many. I am proud to be of his line, and nothing will ever shake my belief of such.

With all that being said, he requested to be sent off to the Halls of Khaz’A’Dentrumm much like his father, Rhewen, and I plan to honor such. The funeral will be open to all, however, if you do attend all I ask for is your respect, or if that fails, atleast give your silence.

q0RFkNPSkk4WSILXsNpPFpLIbC3lRK5TmxXp53VOicPr-r7xS093On_prUcxZ-k-pSIAKsq8bi-xNNSRI7LnxH5RjYsOaUQ7o0VrkUNo_vrxKSADLOCLHHDiDA0kVVR9aNuDRP38VPsgitHHCvRASoQ

Grand King Emeritus

Lord Chancellor of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan, 

Great-Grandson of Rhewen ‘Papa Bear’ Frostbeard

[[To Be Held: Sometime within the next 2 weekends]]

bRFhXvufQ6rRbptB7_zrDlg1UrBAk9Eet119szKrZXaAhI2aei_fSnTxF-cDFTcy4rlwtUv_eu02GGtmNYg_kv_HGf4BX8tmLL9IjVEM79b1U_5Tn1tb0lwUKq-Im5OkP4zcLzJuIhNzZEcgoy4KbyQ

“THE FUNERAL OF AZKEL ‘THE SCHOLAR’ FROSTBEARD”

Ealisaid had no other comforting words to possibly offer, that she had not already given. So she simply stood besides Ulfric- head bowed in rememberance of the Frostbeard.

In his lab Meylis stops what he's working on as chills roll over him, as another Frostbeard passes from the world. Upon hearing the confirmation of his suspicious he burns a small book. "To a fellow scholar, here's the first journal for your future journeys."

"I knew he had passed and yet.....it hangs over me ever more now. The old fucker stole from me, but I think he more than deserved that piece of history for the Guild's collection....Ogradhad better bid well for him." The mechanical lord mused as he heard the official announcement of the elder Frostbeard's passing. He remembered fighting to help them reclaim Rhewen, and now his mood sobered once more, his thoughts held on his Frosty kin.

Bakir read over the missive as he drank some mead in his clan hall "Azkel was a disgrace to Urguan. He caused a divide in Urguan, rolled over for the Orenians and attempted to undermine the library when he left. Despite this, I hope he rests well in Kaz'a'dentrumm. Despite his deeds he was in the end a son of Urguan."