[✓] [Magical Feat/Creature Lore] Golemancy | Stone Made Animate

Valannor

Oh my

I hope this wasn't made with the purpose of grand fathering yourself or those in your clique in. . . .

they should run off frost salt instead

Yemekar laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming.

5 minutes ago, ronin_champloo said:

in b4 the bloodbowl

Dragon Ball Goku Vs Vegeta GIF - Dragon Ball Goku Vs Vegeta Tapinos Vegeta  - Discover & Share GIFs

If Runesmithing actually gets posted before this is reviewed then I will have it delayed so its loremag takes place after the wunesniffing mag. 

I have a few issues with this lore, it appears to be a lot of the same stuff with some things changed that could've been added within an amendment. Pulling a Syb and asking for three grandfathers is a strange ask when its not the solution to the actual problems at hand. 

43 minutes ago, Valannor said:

• Golem Limbs are not any stronger outright than their natural fleshy counterparts, but are still made of solid rock, meaning strikes made with them will likely do a tad bit more damage than usual. 

I found this redline to be very odd as for as long as I can remember ST ruled that the strike of an attack will result in the same effect of a regular flesh limb. As one of those people who agreed with this, why change it then not add a good metric for people to follow? Saying a tad bit more damage than  usual is unclear and unneeded. 

• Golem Eyes cannot be ‘stolen’, as they are part of the individual’s body.  

This is just a very strange redline in my opinion, I can steal an eye from a normal person why can i not pry a golem eye out? Is there something? I  am missing about this redline, does it require further context? 

• Golems are not bound to follow the orders of their Impera and by no means can be ‘controlled’ any more than a normal mortal can. In this, they now experience a sense of free will, though the dynamic of Golem and Impera remains.  

Although this isn't a terrible change this could also lead to some problems and may not ultimately the solution to restricted RP. Automatons have the ability to have an impera like function or chose to have free will.  Why forgo this option and instead go all out with this instead of finding a middle ground?  How does the dynamic of the impera remains when this function is completely removed? Although at times commands can be restrictive, a good impera should be able to allow a golem to do almost everything the golem player may want. 

Mundus Core [CA]

Hide contents

The most basic type of Golem, which a Golemancer first learns to craft. Their core is typically the size of a Human or Orkish heart, and does not deviate from the standard core template - the gemstone being used as its core being solid quartz. They are the most utilitarian of their kin, for while they are not the strongest, nor are they unfeeling servitors, the Basic Golem is capable of housing [2] Auxiliary Sigils, and possesses a degree of dexterity lacked by their larger cousins. The smaller they are, the swifter and weaker in strength they shall be - while the larger, the stronger and slower. 

Height Limitations: 5ft - 8ft

Strength: Slightly above Peak Human Strength if below the height of 6’5, with any larger possessing strength up to the degree of an Uruk. Strength depends on the race they are most closely modelled after, ultimately.

Durability: Their bodies require [4] direct strikes with a pickaxe or blunt weaponry to breach and destroy the core, while their external sigils may be disabled with [5] strikes from a bladed weapon, or [3] with a blunt weapon or pickaxe.

Speed: Slightly slower than the race they are closest in stature to, retaining [4] blocks of movement speed in standard combat. 

This is by far the strangest thing i found with the lore piece, I think setting strength and such limited to what race they're based off of or strict height is lame. Golems should be free form with only the restrictions of the height, now you should follow what descendants look like? Seems like its taking away some of the only uniqueness from golemancy. 

You stated yourself that you did this rewrite for fun and within only 3 days. How could something rewritten so quickly and without input of the community be better for the golemancy. 

Valannor, this is a godsend piece of lore. You’ve outdone yourself once again but please. Spikes are needed 

To be honest, this seems like a really shitty excuse to get grandfathers. The only major changes that warrant the rewrite are a couple of new sigils and the golem restructure. The rest of the stuff is mostly copy pasted from Sybbyl’s lore. Although I want a rewrite for golemancy, this isn’t it.

Edit: To further this comment. I would seriously consider removing grandfathers and readding spikes to the lore.

>removes spikes
>grandfathers 3 people

hmm