[✓] [Magical Feat/Creature Lore] Golemancy | Stone Made Animate

Valannor

43 minutes ago, Reece Nolan said:

Honestly, this rewrite seems like a godsend. I entirely disagree with every point Tabby has made and don't quite understand why a moderator of all people is replying to this post but, it's painstakingly clear that a lot of the hate on this post stems from the 3 folks being grandfathered in, as evident that some have even shut off their brains while trying desperately to scrounge up an argument, such as tabby's gripe with prosthetic strength. Obviously if I hit someone with my fist, it's going to hurt a lot less than a fist that's the same size but made of solid stone, as it's not soft and weak, it's a rock. As far as stealing parts are concerned, it's always seemed like a sort of ooc rule (which I've observed even during pre-lore games) that the force of the soul connecting to the prosthetic prevents it from simply just being "pulled out", and while it is a lame excuse, it serves for the consent based system in place in current rules where you cannot force someone to have to RP an injury in most cases, just as you cannot force them to pk, as they could always just respawn and use the excuse of the monks.

For Valannor, you've done a really great job at taking the vague and bland lore and balancing it with current lore where overpowered CA's seem to be the norm, while actually updating the catastrophe that is Sybyll's writing and making it so that golems are not nigh unobtainable thanks to Thanhium, but in turn making them much more high maintenance. Your piece has generally cleared up the ambiguity left by it's predecessor in terms of how durable and strong golems are. I love the change that the golem is mostly as strong as the race/height it is modeled after, that way you don't have a swift golem with human strength despite being built like a dwarf. It provides options, as again Tabby's point of removing originality is moot as he appears to have entirely glossed over the alternative method of creation that is putting the core in a pile of rubble. You've provided new options, clearer redlines and a very much impressive lore piece all in all, as a golem player I hope this gets accepted so I can do more than play death stranding but I'm made of rock in LOTC while I wait for an impera to log on.

Moderators are allowed opinions Reece. 

Something i needs to be adressed. Re add the Preservation Sigil  from the current lore. If people start somehow killing golems. it wont be fun at all if their entire memories get lost without any means of backup.

3 hours ago, PrinceJose270 said:

Something i needs to be adressed. Re add the Preservation Sigil  from the current lore. If people start somehow killing golems. it wont be fun at all if their entire memories get lost without any means of backup.

It was something which ST on management did not wish to see carried over in the new lore; I had received similar feedback when I attempted to include a similar system for Animii. 

"Rock and Stone, to the Bone!"

removing spiking is great, i always thought that was a terrible addition to the lore and something like golemancy doesn’t need ig-moderation things like that. hopefully this revives the magic, i know it’s supposed to be a dwarven based magic, but with that runs into similar issue that shamanism did. 

some questions thought… do the people being grandfathered have golemancy/ever were golemancers? is it going to be on dwarven characters? is the intent of grandfathering these people to expand the magic into different communities, if so, which ones? just some stuff i’m curious about as a many time former golemancer.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.