THE GREAT GARLIC DECREE

Xarkly

VE HAUCH GAIZSTA DEZKA

THE GREAT GARLIC DECREE

xORDUus3eXDnWlmktkeF26SimRyfGH6oOglqzbhq_s4m82SZBTEY1oXDszcY8gEC4QFdFmtdSkifVcqm_5rgeYijzvwl5c4EpuEO-3zBCM2C3aBYhU5e3L42KvlfUI9XEGa6S_gfbr91_WuwerizFO0

TUEZK AG ARANYZ

Issued by the

TREASURER

On this 9th day of Jula and Piov of 465 E.S.

UPON MY NAME AS VANHART THE CARROT

Pursuant to my duties as leal servant to his Majesty King Georg of Haense, I, as Lord Treasurer, am compelled to act beyond the role as mere safekeeper of the Royal Coffers, for our Kongzem faces a most abhorrent threat.

Spawned from the maw of the Archdaemon himself; born from the hellfires of the Nether; and nurtured in the shadow of man, are the Vampires that have beset our realm in recent years. Wearing the guises of kith and kin, it cannot be denied that Vampires have stolen themselves way amongst the Canonist Realms, for we cannot forget the unearthing of the loathsome former Court Alchemist, whose name shall not sully this parchment and whose soul was purged by the vigilance of the Knight’s Table, nor the bravery of my Reinmaren kinsmen of Minitz who confronted and slew two Bloodsuckers in the streets of Valfleur. 

In order to protect the common Haeseni against these reprehensible Darkspawn, I shall wield the power of the Royal Coffers to accumulate and distribute the greatest weapon against these Vampires - which I have discovered, through meticulous and careful research into the oldest and wisest of babushkas’ tales, is, of course, garlic

I DO THEREFORE DECLARE:

I. THAT THE ROYAL TREASURY SHALL, with a view to promulgate the Vampires’ bane, purchase all garlic within the Karosgrad at an increased price of 15 Mina per pound;

II. THAT THE ROYAL TREASURY SHALL offer a grant of 200 Mina to every Haeseni landowner that farms garlic upon their land;

III. THAT THE ROYAL TREASURY SHALL hang cloves of garlic from each public building within the confines of Karosgrad so as to deter Vampiric intrusion; and,

IV. THAT THE ROYAL TREASURY SHALL purchase any remains of Vampires or information of Vampiric activities for an agreed price of no less than 100 Mina.

Whomsoever shall join the fight against the Vampires in this manner may plead their eligibility for these rewards to the Office of the Treasury and be awarded in kind for their service. By the will of King Georg, the Vampires shall find no easy succour among Haensefolk.

Doom upon all Darkspawn.

IM NAMEN DES KONIGS,

Ser Vanhart 'the Flying Carrot' Barclay

Lord Treasurer of the Kongzem of Hanseti-Ruska

unknown.png

Princess Sofia de Pelear flourishes the missive before the workers of the Hyspian palace. "Tu see this? Bring all of our garlic from the kitchens and any in storage to Haense at once.

A woman far off from Haense pinched the bridge of her nose. "Garlic!?" She uttered before tossing the decree in a fire. "Ha! Jokes on them, I love garlic bread." A laugh echoed within her home before she set off to pick some garlic to prepare such a snack! 

Sir Milonir of Chadhall, the Greaseheart, Hero of the Petra, Devourer of Kitchens, Slayer of Beer Cans, and Generally Large, Heavy Man, looks to his tremendous storage of garlic bread in Zvaervauld. Ravenously. 

A paled Prince creases in the distance, his form simply folding in on himself at the mere THOUGHT of such a vegetable. 

An odd man soon red the decree and dropped to his knees within his own home. His hands pushed through his hair as he muttered in utter disbelief. "How.. how did they find out?!"

Myrios Sarran, in his forge at the time, sifts through his various curiosities and treasures to uncover a vial of vampire blood. He uncaps the vial and pours a small amount of salt in. The red liquid boiled furiously as it makes contact with the white grain, and Myrios grins slightly, then closes the bottle and turns back to his metalwork.

Edited by StingyParrot

"Holy **** the man lost his mind" commented a prince after reading the letter with a hard sigh 

Cassius, though questioning the effectiveness of the methods, is pleased the vampire threat is being taken seriously. He gives a big thumbs up, which looks a bit silly, as he's looking at a poster.

Spoiler

The true financial roleplay we need.

Baldrum Colborn would open the doors to Vorenburg's kitchens within Venzia in a dramatic fashion "Attention everyone, all garlic will nejt be used for cooking from now on. Start filling our wagons with the garlic." He announced in the same dramatic fashion. "We're heading to Karosgrad!" He announced, looking over the wagon full of garlics