what happened to malinor

argonian

TLDR; The GOATs left

Laughs in Orcs being the only ones to have their Brother created nation unfractured.

The memory burns brightly in a few old elven souls.. The full story is available for 350 minas..

23 hours ago, argonian said:

thank you

Oh are you talking about modern-day malinor? That was my original comment, god damn it:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/843691055131525160/1076189005755973712/a2e32bcaf6de63fe514dfdde0a618a39.png

I'm too lazy to retype. There's your full answer!

1 hour ago, Amayonnaise said:

Oh are you talking about modern-day malinor? That was my original comment, god damn it:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/843691055131525160/1076189005755973712/a2e32bcaf6de63fe514dfdde0a618a39.png

I'm too lazy to retype. There's your full answer!

Well I meant a little after that, when Aegrothond became Elvenesse and then Amathea (were these regime changes or did they just change name for shits n giggles?) b4 joining Malin'or with Celia'nor, the Snelves, and whoever else. That recent Malinor just seemed to split apart without a word said.

But yeah thanks for filing me in on that stuff, always wondered wtf Aegrothond was and why it wasn't just part of the Dominion.

20 minutes ago, argonian said:

Aegrothond became Elvenesse and then Amathea (were these regime changes or did they just change name for shits n giggles?

Amathea is the city, Elvenesse is the Nation. It's the same place, with the same title!

I'm not too sure about the Malinor treaty. I imagine its still in place, but two of the Nation Leads got banned, and the third recently passed the crown. The bans kind of shut down Malinor's attempts to "subjugate" the Vale and other locations.

12 minutes ago, Amayonnaise said:

Amathea is the city, Elvenesse is the Nation. It's the same place, with the same title!

Amaethea - Lord of the Craft

The Wiki says it's called "the Crown of Amathea" though. What's that about?

12 minutes ago, Amayonnaise said:

I'm not too sure about the Malinor treaty. I imagine its still in place, but two of the Nation Leads got banned, and the third recently passed the crown. The bans kind of shut down Malinor's attempts to "subjugate" the Vale and other locations.

Can't their heirs just do it? Or did all the heirs just decide to not host another election?

On 2/18/2023 at 1:23 AM, ScreamingDingo said:

hard to fracture two players

bro didnt have to do them like that man

malinor was ww2buffs pipe dream, it became nonexistent because him and twi got banned so there was no ooc overarching force to keep the celia'nor, elvenesse, and nor'asath together

On 2/17/2023 at 1:47 PM, Pancho said:

TLDR; The GOATs left

TLDR; the 'goats' got banned

1 hour ago, Privet said:

malinor was ww2buffs pipe dream, it became nonexistent because him and twi got banned so there was no ooc overarching force to keep the celia'nor, elvenesse, and nor'asath together

TLDR; the 'goats' got banned

ww2buff finally achieves snelven hegemony and then gets banned damn

what was he banned for

Dominion of Malin - The preeminent elven nation on Atlas, with its roots tracing back to the Malinor of old. Traditionally, High Princes were elected, but Kairn Ithelanen broke this tradition by naming himself King of the Dominion. He chose his successor, King Abelas, which was controversial considering the history of elections. The Dominion began to stagnate and fracture, and at some point Kairn and his followers formed another nation named the Kingdom of Gladewynn after King Abelas' death. Gladewynn later annexed the Dominion of Malin after Queen Awaiti bested Queen Renn in an honour duel and dissolved the Dominion. In Arcas, Gladewynn became Alderyn under Empyreal Princess Layla, but this nation soon crumbled and the elves scattered to various places.

Aegrothond - after Belestram Sylvaeri was banished from the Dominion of Malin for his role in the death of King Abelas, he and his wife Illynora founded a small island nation off the coast of Atlas. This grew towards the end of Atlas and became a nation in Arcas called the Principality of Aegrothond. Belestram and Illynora abdicated at the beginning of Arcas, passing Aegrothond to Belestram's son, Feanor. Under Feanor's rule, the blood feud between the Sylvaeris and Ithelanens was put to rest, and the Matriarchy of Siramenor settled on Aegrothond's land under former Queen of the Dominion, Awaiti Aureon/Sirame.

Elvenesse - The Principality of Aegrothond and Matriarchy of Siramenor merged some time in Arcas to form "Elvenesse", the name of which comes from the long-held dream of uniting the elven people. This was under the rule of Feanor as High Prince with representatives from Siramenor on the council (I believe). After Belestram's return, he brought with him a lot of strife and internal politics which led to former members of Siramenor fracturing from Elvenesse to form the Vale of Nevaehlen.

Amaethea - Under the rule of Evar'tir and Medli Oranor, Elvenesse became Amaethea after the city was destroyed by Azdromoth. This was to symbolise a moving away from the dream of Elvenesse which had been pushed so hard by Belestram. During this time, the title of the leader of Amaethea was changed to Prince Royarch instead of High Prince. The nation is now the Crown of Amaethea but some people colloquially refer to it as Elvenesse still.

Malin'or - Prince Vytrek Tundrak of Fenn formed Malin'or in Almaris with the hope of uniting the elves. Under Malin'or was the Crown of Amaethea, Princedom of Fenn, Princedom of Nor'Asath, and Princedom of Celia'nor. They operated as independent nations under the High Prince of Malin'or (Vytrek), who was responsible for overall international relations and military stuff. Vytrek abdicated and there was an election for another High Prince, but Malin'or inevitably crumbled and the nations went back to being truly independent as they were before. Although the dream was a united elvendom, this wasn't truly achieved because the Vale of Nevaehlen and Haelun'or did not join Malin'or.

This is obviously a TLDR and there is a lot more nuance and detail in a lot of it but that's the gist

has a suspiciously malinor-shaped bulge in their throat ummmm idk hehe

okay but what about the malinor we had between aegis and anthos?

8 hours ago, argonian said:

ww2buff finally achieves snelven hegemony and then gets banned damn

what was he banned for

[REDACTED]