a Family

Charlemagne.

*A letter would reach those that have openly declared their ties to the dynasty of Vilac or of Ivanovich*

To the lords Van Aert, that draw from the House of Vilac by way of Gaspard, To the lords of Vilac who descend from the Aurelian line of Prince Martius, and to the lords of Ivanovich who sprang from the loins of Saint Arpad (pbuh), or from the mythical frontiersman Ivan, and lastly to those wayward branches which I cannot find names for.

Many of you, as I have found, now reside in rather diverse corners of humanity, asunder by the will of man and the winds of change. There are those of you who dwell now in the farthest south of this continent, and yet still those of you who reside in the lands more alike to our 'heimat'' where the snow reaches more oft than not your rooves. Who could have dreamed that the seed of our ancestors would spread as if carried by the eagles across this land? I write to all you, most distant scions of our dynasty, who are known by many different names or legacies but may trace a common lineage to only a few individuals. Knowing that the coldness of distance has replaced what once was the closeness of your hearts, yet still; I write in despite of that sadness, and, with the hope that the common blood which you possess since God has deemed you worthy to carry it in this life is regarded by you with enough respect that you would answer your dynastic brother's call.

I, Leonid, do not claim any sort of suzerainty or superiority over any of thee who declare yourselves for any other branch of this tree. I acknowledge wholely the title and prestige aquired by all of my brethren, such as the Aurelian dynasts of House van Aert, the Petran lordly branch of House Vilac, or the renowned wild branches of House Ivanovich, some of whom I am acquainted with and others who I have only heard of by proxy, yet all I declare my respect to in your own rights, It is you who have propagated for these many years that have done honor by our ancestors. My request to you all is the same, and it is not a matter of personal ambition that drives me to extend my arm to you, rather a sense of duty to 'try' what I believe is right; to bring together this distant and often quarrelsome branch of this ancient tree that is man, to share our presence before the same hearth as our ancestors did, and perhaps find true our roots.

If you have received this correspondance, and you wish to offer a reply, I reside most patiently at Adria to hear from you.

God's Grace keep you,

Leonid Vilac

eA5THDd.png.905739de9a731bc3ba298c8604577934.png

Edited by Charlemagne.

Sir Paul Montalt from his retirement wishes his kinsman Leonid luck. "They would be wise to follow him henceforth. I've no doubt Leonid shall go on to do great things, if he puts his mind to them."

While staying at a small island, one stop of many on his journey home from his pilgrimage, Jan Ivanovich would receive this letter from his distant kinsmen, he looks to his comrade who brought it to him before saying, “It seems we have a meeting to schedule upon my return, hm? I look forward to meeting Leonid.” The Ivanovich went back to his drink and wrote a letter before sending it in hopes of reaching Leonid Vilac.