why do people keep hatemail in their forum signatures?

Cracker

I think it is strange to see so many people with a hall of shame signature.

Even if someone said something mean about you, shouldn't you just move on?

Feels like you are celebrating animosity

my @argonianthought of the day

I personally would love to see people's fiction writing in their signature. Would be a useful tool for Story Team to see who they can target events towards. More to your question though; I don't understand why but would venture to think it has to do with getting one over on their out-of-character foe. I do agree with you that it is unhealthy.

1 hour ago, Ibn Khaldun said:

Would be a useful tool for Story Team to see who they can target events towards

As in they only give events to people who can write good..?

3 hours ago, Cracker said:

shouldn't you just move on?

I remember every bad thing said about me ever. I shall never let it go, they will always be at the forefront of my mind and they drive me to get more CAs, FAs, and MAs than the people that have spoke with malintent about me. So NO.

Because I need people to know how much I don't care by showing them how much I don't care because I don't care because I don't care bdciw dhc I pffbebtbbbbbbbbn

There is a non recognition of the dialectical relationship between having a ton of these in your signature and the fact you are constantly getting in negative interactions.

On one hand I can see wearing these comments like a shield around your forum profile to shame those who have wronged you. However, this dunking action really gets us away from the ultimate power move - forgiving those who have wronged you. I do not think we are inherently good at this. I am not claiming I do this either, just an observation. 

There are quite a few of us boomers who have seen the transition from enemies to friends over the last decade. Early enemies on here eventually because close friends through aligning of goals or repeated interaction - positive or negative.

It is also possible players have a high level of ambivalence - a love hate dichotomy - where they can hold both mutually at the same time. I have seen some signatures that have nice things or exchanges in them. I also like to see people's character history in there to see who is alive and dead. It is like a personally character graveyard. That is cute.

Something that would be cool for the forums is if you could post as your character on threads. So the character name showed up instead of an OOC forum profile. You could maybe still click and find out who really posted it to make sure it is not a fake character. Just an idea.

37 minutes ago, VonAulus said:

dunking action really gets us away from the ultimate power move - forgiving those who have wronged you.

Angels-of-Heaven-who-bring-Good-Tidings-from-Heaven-jesus-23106859-300-292.gif.e516958a54ac2b3cbe6742812426c00f.gif

cooltext430014851368296.thumb.png.fc144e2abb9b0ff869bc18a00207dd3f.png

1 hour ago, alexmagus said:

As in they only give events to people who can write good..?

My apologies for not being clear enough in my comment. I am not saying "only give events to people who can write good," but rather being able to identify which players might enjoy a grimdark-style event versus an event that is high fantasy versus an event that is low fantasy, etc. I hope I have been more clear.

i used to put funny screenshots in my signature, maybe i'll update it into something else (hate mail perhaps)

/j

2 hours ago, VonAulus said:

There is a non recognition of the dialectical relationship between having a ton of these in your signature and the fact you are constantly getting in negative interactions.

On one hand I can see wearing these comments like a shield around your forum profile to shame those who have wronged you. However, this dunking action really gets us away from the ultimate power move - forgiving those who have wronged you. I do not think we are inherently good at this. I am not claiming I do this either, just an observation. 

There are quite a few of us boomers who have seen the transition from enemies to friends over the last decade. Early enemies on here eventually because close friends through aligning of goals or repeated interaction - positive or negative.

It is also possible players have a high level of ambivalence - a love hate dichotomy - where they can hold both mutually at the same time. I have seen some signatures that have nice things or exchanges in them. I also like to see people's character history in there to see who is alive and dead. It is like a personally character graveyard. That is cute.

Something that would be cool for the forums is if you could post as your character on threads. So the character name showed up instead of an OOC forum profile. You could maybe still click and find out who really posted it to make sure it is not a fake character. Just an idea.

I find it disappointing that you'd be mocked for your observation in the bolded text. I think you've summed up my innermost thoughts on the why of such "wall of shame" type forum signatures.

8 hours ago, Cracker said:

I think it is strange to see so many people with a hall of shame signature.

Even if someone said something mean about you, shouldn't you just move on?

Feels like you are celebrating animosity

my @argonianthought of the day

You mad about my signature? You could just say my name....

*flexes aetosianly with his hate signatures*