why do people keep hatemail in their forum signatures?

Cracker

2 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

Your dusty mood don't vibe with me

You are old and so therefore I must say 10-4 dinosaur

4 hours ago, VonAulus said:

forgiving those who have wronged you

Jesus Christ, this is perhaps he most based thing I have read in a while.

I think the guilty fact is that grool's right; it's a massive cope. I say that as someone who although doesn't have a forum signature littered with hate mail has definitely delighted before in people's reactions just because I entered a room in RP or join a discord. That's p much what my old Discord status was, a play on the perception people were making of me.

Everyone drank from the puddle of copium. We all take little bit of delight in our rivalries because the alternative is coming to a mature conclusion about it, and even once you do it may not be fun or easy to live it. The sad thing is, sometimes it's a situation of mutual fault that leads to animosity. Sometimes, it's just incredibly one sided in toxicity. Doesn't change the fact that the further you are deep in it, the harder it becomes not to rely on the cope. To accept a negative situation as it is; unfortunate, not glorious. 

Then you got the folks who call themselves Minecraft Supervillain or something like that- who make their identities that they are hated. Maybe this is closer in meaning to the main topic of the post. It's definitely a symptom of a dysfunctional community that has toxicity built in as a feature, not a blight to be removed.

to deride and mock people why else?

42 minutes ago, excited said:

to deride and mock people why else?

5 hours ago, rukio said:

Your dusty mood don't vibe with me

You are old and so therefore I must say 10-4 dinosaur

god i ******* hate you rukio you rat bastard

you have to have the new generation of players have the same level of toxic behaviour as the old gen did or they're gonna end up soft and lotc v boring

16 hours ago, Cracker said:

Even if someone said something mean about you, shouldn't you just move on?

The rhetoric behind your post can essentially be reduced to "we should be nice to each other", which I think is something decent to look at from an aspiratory standpoint. Being nice is good. I don't think there are many people here who can deny that in its most basic form. The simple reality though is that LotC just does not work like that. You've been around long enough to know this; I don't know why you're asking questions you already know the answer to, or what you were expecting people to reply with. Were you hoping for an injection of hope to get you through these trying times?

The best advice I can give anyone is to commit themselves to a set of principles and find a few friends. You can't please all people. In my experience, you can't even please most people. All you can do is please yourself, and the best way to do that is find a few principles that are important to you and stick to them. All too often people sell out on this aspect for pixel advancement, so just don't. As for friends, that should be self-explanatory. Not having to be alone makes it easier to stomach toxicity and maybe, just maybe, have a little bit of fun.

It's natures way of telling you who not to approach..

Aposematic signals are primarily visual, using bright colours and high-contrast patterns such as stripes. Warning signals are honest indications of noxious prey, because conspicuousness evolves in tandem with noxiousness. Thus, the brighter and more conspicuous the organism, the more toxic it usually is.

jokes aside though, usually its used as a sort of defense mechanism to deter other people from doing something similar in the future, sort of like a wall of shame. It doesn't really work though, and more often just makes people question why that person gets so much hate in the first place.

21 hours ago, alexmagus said:

I remember every bad thing said about me ever. I shall never let it go, they will always be at the forefront of my mind and they drive me to get more CAs, FAs, and MAs than the people that have spoke with malintent about me. So NO.

So you bestie 💅

The idolization of forgiveness is a farce perpetrated by the weak when they know they can never truly harm the one who hurt them, and so instead try to pretend that by letting go of their hate they are somehow good or better.

Never let go of your hate. Make your enemy suffer humiliation after humiliation, a thousand times over, only then will you be truly happy.

817.jpg?width=1200&quality=85&auto=forma

Idk man but personally its funny to look through people's quote signatures 

On 2/20/2023 at 8:27 AM, HurferDurfer1 said:

Some hate mail is just too iconic

I remeber that vc 

On 2/20/2023 at 8:45 AM, Ibn Khaldun said:

I personally would love to see people's fiction writing in their signature. Would be a useful tool for Story Team to see who they can target events towards. More to your question though; I don't understand why but would venture to think it has to do with getting one over on their out-of-character foe. I do agree with you that it is unhealthy.

Rather than meming about any of this I just wanna say this is is a good idea