[ATRONACH CORE ADDITION OMG!!!!]

WOWJ

I think the move is drop the st item requirement from golems and any other CA since they're already ST approved, and put the hard cap of creation on Atronachs that golems have as was suggested above.

This comment section is full of copium...

46 minutes ago, tasty_cheesecake said:

voidcells seething over animiichads

1 hour ago, Valannor said:

the true solution is to put all atronachs on a PK clause, as all other constructs are. True balance.

But back on topic, we might as well do it to animii as well. This is more work for ST than anything. We do not need this just because of Golem lore has it. If this passes it is a slippery slope for other constructs without ST item cores.

3 hours ago, Etan said:

Why would you need an ST signed item when an Atronach is a CA accepted race already indicating the ST's approval. It's red tape on red tape. Can you explain your reasoning a bit more than "Well if X has it Y should."?

tracking. if an atronach is killed and its core is taken (essentially a soft PK, potentially hard PK), then what happens to it after that needs to be tracked via that item. also creates consequence for people who decide to pick up the CA just to be a freak and/or cold blooded murderer.

also cold take but automaton brains should get the same treatment

13 minutes ago, z3m0s said:

I think the move is drop the st item requirement from golems and any other CA since they're already ST approved, and put the hard cap of creation on Atronachs that golems have as was suggested above.

no

3 hours ago, Cosmiverse said:

This comment section is full of copium...

But back on topic, we might as well do it to animii as well. This is more work for ST than anything. We do not need this just because of Golem lore has it. If this passes it is a slippery slope for other constructs without ST item cores.

Animii are on a PK clause. Embrace the PK clause. Embrace the potential for your story to end. 

You already have to have the limb itself signed by the ST (because ALL cores must already be ST signed, they're just usually included in a limb / contruct) and an atronarch proper needs a CA approved on the forums, both of which are already an incredibly tedious process that requires a copious amount of screenshot evidence and such. Getting a core signed separately before would be a huge headache and honestly prove to be an unnecessary hurdle since 99% of the time it's just going into something thereafter anyway.

Practicality wise, that would just seem like an extra line of red tape that other equivalent FAs aren't held to, such as golemancy and animii. If you do it for atronarch forging, you gotta do it for them as well, and suddenly the ST's work load is quadrupled at a time when it already takes 3-4 days in many cases to get a req done. Thus, I would strongly recommend against.

4 hours ago, _Hexe_ said:

tracking. if an atronach is killed and its core is taken (essentially a soft PK, potentially hard PK), then what happens to it after that needs to be tracked via that item. also creates consequence for people who decide to pick up the CA just to be a freak and/or cold blooded murderer.

also cold take but automaton brains should get the same treatment

I can absolutely agree with that they should be able to be soft / hard PK. I did not think about the fact that it would help with tracking which I can see and understand.

I still worry about signature times. Perhaps it could be settled with a signed item from the player who made the core and has the FA for it?

Hot Take: Theres a lot of stuff that really shouldn't need ST signing that could easily be turned to player sig since we got MAs and FAs for all that stuff for proof of legitimacy anyways. 

1 hour ago, Etan said:

I still worry about signature times. Perhaps it could be settled with a signed item from the player who made the core and has the FA for it?

no bc they need to have the significant lore item tag so that they can't be soulbound or put into echests

22 hours ago, _Hexe_ said:

Just make the atro player sign an item to represent their core.. If an atronach is defeated and some1 takes their core its an equivalent of someone defeating a simple descendant and taking their hand, for instance. Make an item, and make a player sign it. Thats it. St signatures will just bring more hassle and we both know that apart from u and some others it will be taking 5 years to get someone to sign it

14 minutes ago, Zonty said:

Just make the atro player sign an item to represent their core.. If an atronach is defeated and some1 takes their core its an equivalent of someone defeating a simple descendant and taking their hand, for instance. Make an item, and make a player sign it. Thats it. St signatures will just bring more hassle and we both know that apart from u and some others it will be taking 5 years to get someone to sign it

16 hours ago, _Hexe_ said:

no bc they need to have the significant lore item tag so that they can't be soulbound or put into echests

1 hour ago, _Hexe_ said:

Your opinion is different to mine and therefore is incorrect. Its whatevr if some1 stores a core in e chest cuz its been taken away already anyway, and I refuse to consider the clause when someone would try blackmailing a forger with a core or holding it as a hostage since it will ruin my argument. 

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. Thank you for your submission. Moving to correct subforum to prevent redundancy and clutter.