A Continued Fight for Education

SupaSaMM

To the people of Balian, his majesty, commonors, and nobles alike, 

I know many of you have seen and read the missive posted by the Royal Balian Academy. I myself was delighted to have read that missive and so were many of the commoners that read that missive in the streets. And yet, has the condition of the commonor’s education changed since then? 

Unfortunately, the education of the commoner has not changed and his condition has remained the same as before. The commoner man may only succeed in this Kingdom if he is given the ability to have an education and become a part of our government. The Royal Balian Academy has not fully embraced this idea… in fact all they have done is offer a closed door when before it was just a wall. Yet, the result stays the same as the commoner man needs an open door. 

The tests offered by the Royal Balian Academy, although literally on paper claim to allow for a commoner to gain an education by passing them, are unpassable. No commoner, despite their own background and ability to read and write was able to pass this exam. The questions demanded knowledge that only could have come from taking classes in the program of which you are supposed to be taking the exam for? 

Now, I know some of you might think the failure of the commoners was that their class makes them incapable of the same ability to learn and take tests of that of the nobleman. And yet, the commoner man was given a test he was designed to fail at achieving. For example, look upon this test question: 

What is the difference between the use of prepositions in Flexio as opposed to Proto Flexio? Offer an example of such a difference. 

No commoner is able to answer this question! It is an unfair question designed to set up the commoner man and still maintain the Academy’s wishes to maintain a noble-only institution. Now I speak this in truth, I bear no fault upon any nobleman or noblewoman. But we as the commoner can't stand idly from being denied an education from an institution that has said publicly that it values the merit of the common man. The tests are a sham! They are simply a false hope in their current form. 

True education must exist in fair and reasonable tests. I have already spoken about the dangers of an uneducated populace. The Commoner man deserves a place in our government and the commoner is a man worth fighting for in this pursuit. These tests need to be fixed and changed. Or better yet, these tests ought to be abolished and in their place the Royal Balian Academy is to accept all those who are willing and able to learn all classes. 

We must fight for what is right and I urge every common man to continue to fight for his education. I urge his majesty to hear our cause. I urge our nobles to come to realize the privilege of their class and ask that they help to fight for the cause of their fellow commoners. To the common, I ask that you keep the fight renewed for our plight of our education. And I ask that the academy does revise their tests or simply abolish them. 

From the commoner who seeks the education of his class, 

Adam Randell, Private and Steward of the Procuration Office

Kor'garr the Clanless takes note of this update with a large frown, thick brow raising in confusion. He then carefully annotates the public missive, underlining several sentences of importance for later use with a mottled Jabbernak feather quill.  

"Evin uz Orcs ahr werkyng ohn teechyng owur peepul. Valze promisez vrum'ag playze uv lurnyng ahr'ag zhame."

Spoiler

TRANSLATION: "Even us Orcs are working on teaching our people. False promises from a place of learning are a shame."

[Will be mentioned in the Kaktuz Weekli]

"Still haven't seen you turn up for the education offered by the church," grumbles Teodosio to himself.