I don't want to be a slave to my region anymore

NotEvilAtAll

The only people who like activity checks are the big fish that bought up all the tiles. More surface area, more people to take hold the activity.

I'm the first to say that I have little to no experience on this topic as I'm a new player on the server and a brand new halfling (as of a few days ago), but the fact that (from what I've read) activity checks like this could greatly discourage new and old players from playing anywhere at all seems to me like it's a bad move in general. I don't know the ins and outs of this server or community, not even close, but I'm sure there is a better solution. The only one that comes to mind currently is polling different communities for how active they are and their player base, although I'm not sure if that would work well or not. As others have said, it's sad to see great roleplayers feel burnt out for something that is meant to be good wholesome fun. (I realize much of what I typed has already been stated, but I felt compelled to add another comment under this perhaps in the chance that staff might be more swayed.)

no idea what activity checks are but from the general consensus everyone hates them too. since I'm a sheep in the herd i also hate activity checks grr >:(

Also, I love halflings, ill be sure to check out Bywater more! :D

Since this is an admin thing..

I think Tythus should make a rule that all admins must be online 4 hours a day in CT. They are not allowed to leave it, they just have to sit there and rp in CT for 4 hours ever single day and everytime they fail they get punished.

Spoiler

If any admins read this think it sounds mean or harsh. I would heavily advise you to look at your own activity system and ask yourself if you would wanna log into the server with that kind of pressure. 

20 hours ago, Jihnyny said:

I dont understand the point of putting activity on halflings. Theyre a main race and always stay in one settlement. Theyre the source of slice of life and also are the most harmless of all races. Its just stupid to do this

Haflings are actually peace loving super soliders. They have struck down countless of men and left civilizations in ruins. Why does no one know of this? Because all the records were destroyed with the civilizations. 

The Beacons of NotEvilAtAll! The Beacons are lit! The Halflings calls for aid!

And the LOTC community will answer.

I absolutely fail to understand how a server created in tribute to LotR would threaten the viability of Halfling RP. It sickens me that we are threatened with loss of our territory. Halflings are not only a main race, but a group of people that give me safe RP. I am not going to share with you the distress of my soul, but if you take Bywater from me, then you are pulling a coping mechanism rug from my feet. Please stop this. We deserve RP.

Activity is one of the worst systems in a system of bad systems.

I am actively punished for leaving my nation's tiles as now not only am I not getting activity for my nation I'm getting activity for a different nation, thus taking percentage away from my nation.

I want the halflings to visit Norland without being stressed or it ruining their activity, and I want to visit the halflings without it ruining my activity and making me stressed.

People having a life outside of LoTC translates directly to worse activity as well, and makes LoTC more of a chore than a game. I haven't really gotten to see outside my nation properly in maybe close to a year for the stress it causes to step outside the tile. If I could register myself as member of a nation as people suggested it might help, but I think that would bring with it other problems, and still require a ton of activity.

Additionally, some nations just straight up have staff bias where they get ST events and special considerations and actually just get things other nations don't. It is a little disheartening to hear nations with high staff concentration get seemingly multiple ST events per day, and Norland hadn't had an ST event in about a year before a couple mini events in the past month.

I can ramble on and on. I don't think activity, or any bad system, will actually be fixed with a better system, but I am a doomer.

Maybe rather than percentage it could be a certain number of total man hours? That way people with jobs are not competing with cracked 15 year olds in a game of attrition?

This whole thing sucks, nothing about it is good, either fully remove the activity checks or put something else in place. For once please think things through and listen to the community.

does the server not think about the players outside of the server? we have lives outside of this, we have other things to worry about then activity checks.

the activity system feels like a punishment almost! if you can't have xyz amount of hours, then perish. like ????

please remove the activity system. it's not healthy or fun - it's hurting communities and players when it shouldn't. 

It's a shame there is lots of bias on events and the server is in a drought.

I miss the good old days. 

I miss the llamas.

I miss the gathering and the socialization brought by pits.

I missed the phase of when I cared.

I missed the most when exploration actually held a purpose besides 'finding' events. 

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/a/DrR2EV2 Back to the void.

Activity sucks.

Edited by Welkitends

I just wanted to host a wedding, like why do I have to hurt other nations by inviting them? Like if they didn't come to my event they wouldn't have failed the check.